Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Just right (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered School leader (1 response)

Develops honesty: Disagree

Posted December 23, 2015
I feel this school is not fair, teachers often choose favorites as well as students among themselfs.

Newton Middle School 3

Posted December 23, 2015
I've been at Newton for almost 3 years, and I have mixed feelings. The staff is either very hard to approach or very easy. Also many of the teachers do not make a very fun environment for their classroom that is easy to pay attention to. The administaters are very rude and not friendly to students or parents. Also some punishments are very unnecessary and ridiculous. Many kids have gotten SUSPENED for cursing or using their phones during the school day. Over the years I've also found it very hard to fit in anywhere. Many of the students define themselfs and there friends as in "groups" and you have to know them for a while or get to know them to be officially part of their group. Also ones you in a "group" it's hard to combine with other groups. Overall Newton is a ok school, but there are defiantly better schools out their.

Develops honesty: Strongly disagree

Posted November 07, 2015
They have and teach good values during the toughest time of transition in young people's lives.

Posted November 07, 2015
Our son moved from Lenski Rlementary to Newton. We heard mixed reviews of the school but are very impressed by the quality of the education and the school itself.

Teacher effectiveness: Very effective

Posted July 28, 2015
My child has had amazing teachers at Newton, who are dedicated and caring and go above and beyond to make classes interesting for their students. They truly get to know kids and motivate them.

Posted April 29, 2015
I have a daughter who is in 8th grade currently. She is in excelerated classes and has had a good experience and education at Newton. Teachers and staff are ready to talk with you and respond promptly to e-mails. PTO is great but low key. Facility is dated but all of Littleton School District is. They will get a new playground this summer with grant funding. We are so happy to have this school nearby. My daughter takes the school bus to school. I will have another daughter in 6th grade here next year. We like that it is smaller than other middle schools in the area. I went as a chaperon to New York City last summer with the school band and chorus on a site seeing trip. They go to Washington DC too. Great experience for the kids. The principal, teachers and staff really care about the kids. My daughter has grown and learned so much. I am happy she has liked her middle school experience.

Posted April 14, 2015
This is the best public middle school in the state of CO. Just look at their results vs the rest of the state. The staff is dedicated to the students and the parents are really involved in the school curriculum. I have one child in 6th grade and had one who is now excelling in high school (IB Program).

Newton Middle School 1

Posted March 15, 2015
I attended this school for the full 3 years. The first year that I was there, I was being harassed/bullied. My parents contacted the principle, and he did little to help the situation. He didn't talk to the bully or even really say anything to my parents beside saying that he would "take care of it". Throughout the rest of the three years that I was there, I saw/heard of students doing drugs, and having minor consequences. There was even a bomb threat and a few fist fights in the hallways. Academically, this school has not prepared me at all for high school. I maintained all A's and B's throughout the full three years, with no problem. But then I got to high school, and it was like I had not received any education since 5th grade. I highly recommend not sending your kids here.

Posted December 07, 2014
Very happy with Newton! I'm a former middle school teacher, and we researched at least twenty top middle schools in the Denver area before deciding where to purchase our home (we relocated from another state). The administration & teachers genuinely care about their students here, the schedule allows for intervention and enrichment, the size is perfect (only around 600 kids), most kids walk or ride bikes to & from school, the teachers are thoughtful & intelligent, they seem to be focused more on the whole child rather than simply meeting academic standards (may be the reason for the 7/10 rather than a 10... too many schools make testing their priority, unlike Newton), and my kids like going to school (as much as any middle-schooler might, anyway!). It's groovy, and a bit outdated, but I think that's part of what gives Newton its charm. Nothing pretentious here! I'm a progressive ed activist with a Master's degree in secondary education, and I have two children at this school. Very pleased!

Posted October 06, 2014
I've had children attending this school since 2009 and have witnessed many wonderful changes over the years. The school's scores and ratings continue to increase and the ability to challenge the students continually rises. My children have all adapted quickly to the middle school environment and have grown academically and emotionally during their time at Newton. As my children have progressed into high school the transition has been seamless as Newton does a wonderful job preparing them for the next phase of life. The teachers are encouraging, supportive and willing to help when and if there is a need. The front office is friendly and always very helpful. The principal and assistant principal are very involved and committed to the continued growth of excellence at this school.

4001 East Arapahoe Road, Littleton, CO  80122
Last modified Newton Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.