Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (4 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)

Teachers and staff are professional and caring, prioritizing student learning above all else. The entire community works together to provide the best education for the kids. The Experiential Learning program at the school reinforces good character traits. We love it here!!

Summit View has been our home away from home for 4 years (and counting). I really like the EL Education approach of teaching. Our teachers and admin really work with both of our kids to ensure they are learning in a style that best fits them as individuals. With dedicated EA's at each grade level, I know the teachers are receiving support within the classrooms as well.

Effective school leaders: Strongly agree

Admin strongly supports and encourages staff development which means we have seen less turnover than neighboring schools.

Develops character: Strongly agree

SVE has identified 6 habits of character that are brought into lessens through the year with all grade levels. Kids are learning how to have integrity and grit and how to use craftsmanship in their work.

Handles bullying effectively: Strongly agree

I don't know of any bullying at the school- all three of my kids report they don't see it or know about it happening. That doesn't mean it isn't happening, but it's definitely not the norm.

Supports LD students: Agree

We don't have much experience with learning differences yet- when my third transitions from preschool (wonderful) to kindergarten next year we will see how I feel. But I can say the preschool is awesome and what I have seen of the special needs programs has been positive.

Develops character: Strongly agree

SVE is an EL school and each month focuses on one character quality. This isn't just talk- my kids come home talking about how they can develop and practice these traits and the school incorporates them into their classrooms and learning.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

Every teacher we have had has been wonderful. Kim Belitz in kindergarten is amazing and such a great transition from preschool to elementary school!

Amount of homework: Strongly agree

SVE has a minimal homework policy- studies show it doesn't help kids learn and frankly, after sitting in school all day I want my kids to play and just be kids! We do have occasional projects and sometimes there is work that they didn't finish during the day. But I am very pleased with the total amount that they are sent home with.

We have three kids at SVE and have had nothing but wonderful experiences. Our principal and teachers are great. The community is welcoming and friendly. Even our experience in the preschool has been outstanding. We are so thankful that this is our neighborhood school and that we ended up here!

Last modified Summit View Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.