Longmont, CO
After care: No

St John The Baptist Catholic School 1

Posted May 01, 2015
Although SJB claims that they provide a supportive, academically rigorous, and a technologically advanced environment, I have found this not to be the case. The teachers are often young, inexperienced and lack a a degree in education. I also have concerns about where my tuition is going and that it is not ending up benefiting my child. With a grossly overstaffed office and a principal who does not have a degree in administration (Literacy Coaching is a far cry from Educational Leadership), I have my doubts. The school is also advertising iPads, but without a wireless internet system, they are ineffective and wasteful. This school is about maintaining appearance and not about benefiting your child. I will be unenrolling my kids and be placing my children in St. Vrain this fall...where they will have access to technology and an education that will actually benefit them in the 21st century. I can provide their Catholic education on my own.

Posted March 23, 2015
My children have attended St. John the Baptist Catholic School for the past two years. SJB boasts small class sizes and rigorous academics. Pre-school incorporates religious education in all aspects of learning while grades K-8 have a specific class for religion. In addition, they offer specials classes such as art, physical education, music, and Spanish, some starting in pre-K. The teachers and staff genuinely care about each and every student, which makes for a strong sense of community. The school has made such a name for itself that students are drawn from area communities, such as Firestone, Frederick, Berthoud, and Erie. SJB is an excellent choice for anyone looking for a school that develops the whole child.

Posted January 08, 2015
SJB provides an excellent culture academically and spiritually. We are incredibly impressed with the entire teaching staff. Each teacher is dedicated to assuring the success of each child. Class sizes are small and intimate. The curriculum is tough and advanced. 90% of kids graduating SJB end up in IB/AP high school programs. The school has awesome sports, art, Spanish and music programs as well. We couldn't imagine our children outside of this amazing environment.

Posted October 09, 2014
My child has been at St. John's for three years now and I cannot describe how high the quality of education is there. Compared to other schools in the district, public, charter, and private, St. John's is bar none the best. Their rigorous academics, large athletic program and moral values they instill in all of their students is worth the very affordable price of tuition. We don't have a ton of money but their tuition cost and tuition assistance that is available makes it affordable for any family. We are so grateful to have such an amazing school in our Longmont community.

Posted May 21, 2014
Our daughter went to SJB from preschool to 8th grade. She is now in Honors classes, has an incredible work ethic and a strong foundation of faith. There were some tough years, but we always had the support of her teachers to give her extra help. The parent community it so amazing and I miss that the most. If you are considering SJB, please schedule a tour, your child can even shadow in class. They also have a terrific athletic program.

St John The Baptist Catholic School 2

Posted April 13, 2014
I have been contact with SJB for 14 years in one way or another. Unfortunately, it has been deteriorating rapidly. This isn't due to the school administration or the teachers, but rather the parish administration and Father Ron. The parish administration has taken all of the school decisions away from the school. The teachers are no longer trusted. The school administration is ignored and the environment is tense and depressed. In the name of bringing back the "a place to call home environment" the principal and the assistant principal, a woman that has been the glue to keeping the children the most important asset, haas been released. Who let's an accredited, awarded, loving, caring person that fights with her life to keep the voices of children heard? A woman that will fight all politics or heavy handed parish administration to ensure the children remain the schools first priority. Sadly, I no longer support this school.
2 people found this helpful

Posted March 18, 2013
This is an excellent school. It provides a strong Catholic atmosphere with excellent academics. The college scholarship money our oldest two received was more than enough to cover the cost of K-12 Catholic school for all four of our kids, two of which are still not even in high school yet. Even without the college scholarship money, St. John's would be a great choice, simply because of the way the education integrates the whole person - mind, body, and spirit.

Posted October 21, 2011
Wonderful, wonderful, wonderful!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Everything about St. John's is absolutely fantastic!! Wonderful teachers, children, and leadership!! Expectations are high and children are challenged.

Posted February 27, 2011
We are parents of a gifted elementary student whose needs were not being met elsewhere. She has flourished here!! Most curriculum tends to be accelerated. Excellence is expected. Her teacher is absolutely phenomenal. We are also impressed with the leadership of the school. The school is very well-run. The children are kind and accepting as well. My child loves school and comes home with a smile each day!!

St John The Baptist Catholic School 1

Posted February 19, 2011
I am a family member of someone who attends this school. The morale and the atmosphere of this school are not good. We are looking else where. The attitude is "we will just get new people" esp. preschoolers/kindergarten and when they dislike us, then we'll just get new people. Seems kind of inefficient to me.

St John The Baptist Catholic School
350 Emery Street, Longmont, CO  80501
Last modified St John The Baptist Catholic School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
St John The Baptist Catholic School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 23 reviews. Top