Longmont, CO
After care: No

Posted May 25, 2015
We have been a member of the SJB community for the past seven years. All three of our children have flourished at St. John's. They are not only expected to excel academically, but they are learning to be a courteous, polite, respectful, well-rounded person. We couldn't be happier with our experience at St. John's and absolutely love the community!

Posted May 24, 2015
Two years ago I made the decision to remove my child from public school and place him at St. John's. It was the best decision I have made. St. John's is a nurturing, academically and spiritually enriched school that prioritizes its students and their families above all else. My son has flourished at St. John's and I owe his success to his teacher's, the administration and Fr. Ron. You will not find a more committed, innovative, caring group of educators anywhere else. The principal and assistant principal are amazing and go above and beyond any administrators I have ever seen. The educational curriculum, clubs and sports programs are tailored to push students to excel and grow in their individual areas of gifts and talents. St. John's believes in an individual approach to student learning and will do whatever it takes to make sure each student learns and grows in leaps and bounds. I am so grateful we have such an amazing school in our Longmont community.

Posted May 24, 2015
We could not be happier with the education our children are receiving at St. John's. A previous review stated that teachers lack degrees in education and the principal lacks a degree in educational leadership, both of these statements are false and grossly inaccurate. If you have any doubts go and visit St. John's to see what they are about. You will find wonderfully talented teachers and a principal that is intelligent and visionary with her view of education. As a parent I know I might sound biased but moving here from the east coast made us critique a number of schools in the Boulder area and St. John's was far superior to six other private and charter schools we visited. Their curriculum purposefully does not follow the Common Core and is far more advanced then anything you will find in a public school. Technology at the school is growing and is very comparable to many public schools. If you want your children to have an academically superior education in a faith filled, supportive environment this is the best school you will find. If you have any doubts visit this school and you will see why it's the best educational decision you will ever make for your children.

Posted May 15, 2015
We couldn t be happier with our experience at St. John the Baptist Catholic school in Longmont. The SJB family is welcoming, faith-filled, and positive. We have three children enrolled at SJB. While we live in unincorporated Boulder County (closer to Niwot), the kids have friends from many of the near-by cities (Frederick, Firestone, Berthoud, Erie, Lafayette). Our youngest attended the pre-school last year two are currently at the elementary school and our oldest attends the middle-school. This K 8 institution provides an excellent education with rigorous academics, but it s the catholic education, small class size, and faith-based approach that we appreciate most. The curriculum is focused (AP/IB prep), provides a solid approach to all subjects (religion, Spanish language, science, math, English, music, literature, physical education) and has strong sports programs (including widget sports programs).

St John The Baptist Catholic School 1

Posted May 01, 2015
Although SJB claims that they provide a supportive, academically rigorous, and a technologically advanced environment, I have found this not to be the case. The teachers are often young, inexperienced and lack a a degree in education. I also have concerns about where my tuition is going and that it is not ending up benefiting my child. With a grossly overstaffed office and a principal who does not have a degree in administration (Literacy Coaching is a far cry from Educational Leadership), I have my doubts. The school is also advertising iPads, but without a wireless internet system, they are ineffective and wasteful. This school is about maintaining appearance and not about benefiting your child. I will be unenrolling my kids and be placing my children in St. Vrain this fall...where they will have access to technology and an education that will actually benefit them in the 21st century. I can provide their Catholic education on my own.

Posted March 23, 2015
My children have attended St. John the Baptist Catholic School for the past two years. SJB boasts small class sizes and rigorous academics. Pre-school incorporates religious education in all aspects of learning while grades K-8 have a specific class for religion. In addition, they offer specials classes such as art, physical education, music, and Spanish, some starting in pre-K. The teachers and staff genuinely care about each and every student, which makes for a strong sense of community. The school has made such a name for itself that students are drawn from area communities, such as Firestone, Frederick, Berthoud, and Erie. SJB is an excellent choice for anyone looking for a school that develops the whole child.

Posted January 08, 2015
SJB provides an excellent culture academically and spiritually. We are incredibly impressed with the entire teaching staff. Each teacher is dedicated to assuring the success of each child. Class sizes are small and intimate. The curriculum is tough and advanced. 90% of kids graduating SJB end up in IB/AP high school programs. The school has awesome sports, art, Spanish and music programs as well. We couldn't imagine our children outside of this amazing environment.

Posted October 09, 2014
My child has been at St. John's for three years now and I cannot describe how high the quality of education is there. Compared to other schools in the district, public, charter, and private, St. John's is bar none the best. Their rigorous academics, large athletic program and moral values they instill in all of their students is worth the very affordable price of tuition. We don't have a ton of money but their tuition cost and tuition assistance that is available makes it affordable for any family. We are so grateful to have such an amazing school in our Longmont community.

Posted May 21, 2014
Our daughter went to SJB from preschool to 8th grade. She is now in Honors classes, has an incredible work ethic and a strong foundation of faith. There were some tough years, but we always had the support of her teachers to give her extra help. The parent community it so amazing and I miss that the most. If you are considering SJB, please schedule a tour, your child can even shadow in class. They also have a terrific athletic program.

St John The Baptist Catholic School 2

Posted April 13, 2014
I have been contact with SJB for 14 years in one way or another. Unfortunately, it has been deteriorating rapidly. This isn't due to the school administration or the teachers, but rather the parish administration and Father Ron. The parish administration has taken all of the school decisions away from the school. The teachers are no longer trusted. The school administration is ignored and the environment is tense and depressed. In the name of bringing back the "a place to call home environment" the principal and the assistant principal, a woman that has been the glue to keeping the children the most important asset, haas been released. Who let's an accredited, awarded, loving, caring person that fights with her life to keep the voices of children heard? A woman that will fight all politics or heavy handed parish administration to ensure the children remain the schools first priority. Sadly, I no longer support this school.
2 people found this helpful

St John The Baptist Catholic School
350 Emery Street, Longmont, CO  80501
Last modified St John The Baptist Catholic School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
St John The Baptist Catholic School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 27 reviews. Top