Loveland, CO

Monroe Elementary School 4

Posted August 07, 2014
I have been pleased with this school. My son started in 2008 and my daughter in 2010, so I've seen many changes in staff and curriculum. Every teacher and staff person I've encountered has been caring and professional. My son has special needs, and I have found Monroe to be invested in helping him. My daughter is advanced, and her teachers have been working with us to make sure she is challenged. My only complaint is that staff turnover seems exceptionally high. There have been 4 principals (2 "permanent" and 2 interim) in the time we have been here, and that there has been a high level of turnover with the teachers. As a parent, I'm not sure what's behind this, but my kids get confused. It seems that at the end of every year, I hear that "so and so has retired" from my kids. That said, my kids have loved the teachers they have had, and I've been very pleased with the level of support the school has given.

Monroe Elementary School 3

Posted April 21, 2013
my daughter had her first year here and her teacher was amazing, the principal however is Cold and too professional. I would love to have a principal that felt warm and goofy. The principal seems to know her numbers and policies but when dealing with children and staff that cares for the children I believe more Fluff is needed. most of the staff in front are friendly. I feel for the grade my daughter is in that she is challenged enough time will tell as she gets older but I will most definitely be watching out for her best interest!

Monroe Elementary School 5

Posted March 17, 2011
My oldest daughter is in Kindergarten at Monroe. This is our first school and we are VERY pleased. She is challenged and is always eager to go to school every day. The few days she has missed school she was very upset that she was having to stay home sick. My daughter has a fabulous teacher! I really enjoy going and watching her teach the kids. You can tell she's someone who loves kids and loves teaching... just the kind of teacher we all want our kids to experience! I am also very happy with the administration, Our principal know's her kids. I can't imagine having to know 350+ kids names... but she does. She also treats them with respect. My husband and I are very sad to see her retire! I know that the testing scores were low for Monroe, but sometimes there's more than test scores to a school... From what I have seen they really try to assist the kids that are struggling and then those who are excelling and need extra challenges, they make sure they don't fall between the cracks and become bored. I'm glad we decided to keep our daughter in Monroe and look forward to our 4 year old to start Kindergarten there this next fall.

Posted October 25, 2010
Not happy with the way they are dealing with my special needs child in the least. I appreciate the efforts given by teachers and staff but the fact of the matter is they don't know (either have not been trained or just don't care to learn) how to deal with him and his antics. The district doesn't want to pay for the aid that is so desperately needed and I think after only two months of school the teacher is at thier wits end. If you have a special needs child, look to transfering to Poudre.

Posted August 06, 2009
I am looking at getting my children into different schools! I was completely dissatisfied with this past year. Both of my sons were ahead of their peers accademcily and now are just on the 'average' scale... They were not challenged at all. This really does seem like the state mandated care for children. Look for another school if you care about your child!

Monroe Elementary School 4

Posted May 01, 2009
I feel the reviews currently posted are a bit old. Yes, Kindergarten classes are short, but you had the option to enroll in full day Kindergarten as of this year (2008-2009). When Kindergarten classes were too full, Monroe immediately hired an experienced, caring teacher. We were fortunate enough to get a spot in this class, and I am so pleased. It is hard to get communication via phone, but everyone bends over backwards if you take the time to actually visit your child's school. My daughter had a very positive experience here, and learned more than required to pass to the first grade. Kudos to Monroe for this year!

Monroe Elementary School 5

Posted November 06, 2008

Posted October 15, 2007
I am disappointed with the school system here. Kindergarten is 3 hours long, with a recess and snack time. Wednesdays afternoon class is only 1 1/2 hours. My son never receives homework to do to make up for the lack of classroom hours. This feels like state mandated day care.

Posted January 13, 2006

Posted January 10, 2006
I am extremely disapointed with this school. The test scores are below the average level in almost every catagory and even failing in a few. It is impossible to get a teacher to call you back with exception of the principal. We are going to let her finish out the school year and the transfer her to a charter school in Ft. Collins. Look somewhere else!

Monroe Elementary School
1500 Monroe Ave, Loveland, CO  80538
Last modified Monroe Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Monroe Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 11 reviews. Top