Loveland, CO

Ponderosa Elementary School 2

Posted October 14, 2014
This school needs some time to mature, the staff is great but it is disorganized and this make the environment that the kids learn in very unstructured.

Ponderosa Elementary School 3

Posted March 24, 2014
I've had both good and bad experience with teachers. I feel there is a group of teachers who have behavior expectations set just a little too high for students of such a young age. Yes, students should show respect, but I've been made to feel like my child should be in a corrections facility for how he acts. If I can handle my kid when he gets wild, a teacher should be able to without sending them to a counselor and suggesting I medicate them.

Ponderosa Elementary School 5

Posted January 29, 2014
My son has attended Ponderosa for the last 3 school years and I couldn't be happier with the decision I made sending him there! The teachers have all be very wonderful, and their communication is great! The parent involvement is phenomenal! They are not only teaching the students basic math and reading skills, they are also building character! They are teaching these children values that are not so common anymore! Great school overall.

Ponderosa Elementary School 5

Posted December 08, 2013
We have attended Ponderosa for a couple of years now and just love it. The school is new and nice and currant. The teachers and staff are so friendly and welcoming. I have felt nothing but positive energy since coming to Ponderosa. We have had teachers that go above and beyond for our children. Not every teacher is perfect, but most of them truly love their job and the children. They are so patient and loving and do their best for the students. There is a wonderful parent community at Ponderosa -- so many parents volunteer in the school! Fundraisers get amazing support and turnout from our community. The principal, Mrs. Smith, has done a nice job with the school and it is definitely headed in the right direction.

Ponderosa Elementary School 3

Posted August 19, 2012
My daughter did not have a good experience in music or P.E. She has excelled in all her other areas. Mrs. Crocker has worked hard to maintain her reading level. The school is new and clean-overall nice facility. Many parents are actively involved in classroom volunteering.

Ponderosa Elementary School 4

Posted May 23, 2012
Ponderosa is a good school with engaged teachers and involved parents. The music programs are especially good for an elementary school. It has struggled somewhat as a new school building an IB curriculum, and it is losing a great principal after its second year--not sure why except maybe the pressures of opening a new IB school, needing more district support. The building and grounds are beautiful with awesome technology for the kids. We recommend it as a worthwhile school, it just needs to build some stability, and that comes with time and support from the community, parents and teachers.

Ponderosa Elementary School
4550 Florence Dr, Loveland, CO  80538
Last modified Ponderosa Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Ponderosa Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 6 reviews. Top