Mead, CO
Before care: Yes
School principal icon 130x130 140902

School Official Point of View

Hi Families, I am excited to be named the new principal of Mead Elementary as of the 2012-2013 school year. I am making every effort to ensure that children at Mead are treated with respect and kindness. We are off to a great start this year and I am excited about many changes that have already taken place. Our parent community, staff, and students are excited about these positive changes as well. At Mead Elementary we value ACHIEVEMENT, CHARACTER, and COMMUNITY!
November 8, 2012

Mead Elementary School 4

Posted October 10, 2013
Mead Elementary is wonderful. I am glad that we are coming to this school right during the change in principals. She is 110% dedicated to this school and its families. She seeks out what has been effective in the Middle School, and uses those strategies to improve our school. I have had an incident on the bus with my son and it was addressed quickly, effectively, and professionally. I do have some experience with some of the current 4th and 5th graders, and I'm interested in finding out what types of anti-bullying training and programs there are in this school and school district. So far, the teachers have been amazing! I've only had one that seemed stand of fish, but every other teacher (we've worked with 6 so far), has been flexible, open and highly effective for our children! The parent group is very strong this year too!

Mead Elementary School 4

Posted August 20, 2013
This school was good before but has really started to shine with our new principal. The movement breaks introduced this year seem to really help the students settle down and focus. This principal is a true advocate for the kids and their families and it shows through the dedication of the staff and parent group. A major focus on technology is starting to pay off as well. Come for the staff and principal - stay for the community.

Posted May 06, 2013
Our older son had tons of issues at Mead Elementary it affected his self esteem & attitude toward school, we thought it just wasn't the right fit for him. We pulled him out but left our younger son in since he LOVED Ms. Pam's preschool. After Preschool Kindergarten wasn't bad, but 1st grade this year has been a living hell. He started to struggle with reading, then he began to totally shut down, found out that he was having a hard time in class due to the reading issue and the teacher was punishing him by pulling his desk away from the class facing the wall, he's totally ostracized. The situation has gotten so out of hand that now my son comes home with referrals for things like standing next to the wrong kid in line (no joke). We have been trying to get a meeting with the principle & teacher but they have canceled 3 times. Now at the end of his 1st grade year our son is not the happy little boy he was at the beginning of the year, we made a huge mistake keeping him in after what our older son went through here. If you go with this school make sure to listen to your child, don't disregard anything as he/she just doesn't like school, pay close attention to changes in personality.

Mead Elementary School 5

Posted January 17, 2013
Love the community in Mead, parents all look out for each other's kids. The NEW principal is great, changes constantly being made.

Mead Elementary School 5

Posted January 17, 2013
Great school, very involved teachers. there is a brand new principal this year who is great with communicating with parents and keeping all involved. My child loves her teachers and has many great friends here.

Posted May 11, 2011
Country setting school with rampant BULLYING. The principal is one of the worst managers and ineffective at addressing bullying & school violence (hitting, choking & kicking)! My neighbors child has come home with a broken orbital as a kindergartner. A friends child came home with a concussion from a bully. I have WITNESSED violent students but the principal has NO knowledge & 'can't' discuss. There are a few great teachers at this school but its an overwhelmingly stressful environment for students & teachers because of the LACK of discipline of out of control kids that CUSS, hit & are constent interruptions in school. My kids were lower grade elementary. Limited supervison at recess & many injury incidents. SPECIAL priviledges for BAD children like everyday snack with a friend in the principals office. St. Vrain School District HQ's backs the Mead Principal. She doesn't REPORT incidents of violence to HQ's. Academics are poor at this school. Math is almost NON existent. Writing & reading are pushed. Math, Art & computers are the weakest depts. Music & PE are great with good teachers. I would NOT recommend this school. It is a 2 for academics out of 10.

Mead Elementary School 3

Posted January 20, 2011
Not a great school. My son only sees his teacher for guided reading 2 days a week. His teacher imposes rules without compassion and is very interested in her agenda. The principal is very reactive, instead of proactive in dealing with parents. Overall, I am sorry I moved my son here, he does not receive individual attention and is just a number.

Mead Elementary School 2

Posted April 19, 2010
I agree with the below posting. My daughter (1st grader) was threatened by a young boy on the bus. He threatened to stab her. I went to the principal and she did not do anything. She promised to call me back and she never did. Nothing seemed to be done. Both my wife and I work in schools and were very disappointed in the response from the principals. Some teachers are really good and others do what they need to get by and nothing more. With that being said the standards for the kids are high and they are challenged.

Posted April 17, 2010
Sorry to say, but my family has to disagree with the previous parent reviews. We had very horrible experiences with the principal and one of the kindergarten teachers. Since this review area only allows for limited text, I can t give more detail. For parents who are entering their children into Mead elementary I suggest you do your research on your children s teacher and be prepared to get no help from the principal. There are better schools in the area (Longmont, Firestone), you have options.

Mead Elementary School 2

Posted March 23, 2010

Mead Elementary School
520 Welker Ave, Mead, CO  80542
Last modified Mead Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Mead Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 20 reviews. Top