Bad
Good

I love MRES, both my kids attended this school. My daughter is finishing up 5th grade now. We left Woodmen Hills because I felt the staff did not model respectful behavior to the students (lots of teachers were rude and yelled way too much). I have never regretting moving them to MRES. All the teachers we have had over the years have been wonderful and very qualified. I've been lucky to volunteer at this school and I've never seen or heard anything to make me doubt my decision.

I love the small town feeling of this school. My daughter is in the preschool program - wonderful! My middle son has an amazing kindergarden teach who had him reading within 3 months of school. My oldest likes the small class room size and of course the gym teacher!

I've had three children go through this school and I'm very happy with the atmosphere the school provides. State wide budget cuts have taken a small toll (no Spanish language program), but we are otherwise very pleased with the teachers and staff. Communication from the teachers and staff is excellent. The school is also very protective of its students and the before/after school mad rush is heavily patrolled by the staff. The Academics could be tougher, but this is a statewide issue, not an individual school issue.

The principal Mrs.Leon is fantastic! The teachers communication is excellent. The school has a great system that divides the children of each grade into different levels of their ability. This allows those that need more help to get it and allow those who need more of a challenge to get it. Disadvantage of this school is the parents who do not do their part in teaching their kids manners, respect, and teaching them how to do homework. If they would do their part as parents, the teacher could focus on teaching rather than parenting. My children have been their 4 years and this has been an ongoing battle for the school!!!

My daughter started in this school as a Kindergartener the first year this school opened. She has excelled every year and the staff, especially the teachers are excellent. Mrs. Leon, the principal is GREAT!! She supports the students, teachers and parents - she is the BEST! My daughter is starting her fifth grade this year. Her teachers have challenged her, and she has grown each year.

We moved to Meridian Ranch Last year and after putting my child in at the kindergarten level, I have been pleased. I personally did not care for our teacher, but we love the school! I can not say enough great things about the new Principal!! Kim Leon is wonderful, every morning she is standing out front high fiving the kids as they enter. What ever happened in the past, is just that, IN THE PAST!! This is a new school, new teachers, new classes, and growing by leaps and bounds! I would suggest, if you don't like what is happening at any school your kids attend, VOLUNTEER! and change it! I have and it has made a world of difference in my dd's life, and my trust level in the PTA, teachers, and faculty. THIS IS A WONDERFUL SCHOOL. The teachers are passionate about what they do, and the principal has an open door policy. Come see for yourself! A LOT has changed in the past few years!

While my daughter would excel at Meridian Ranch--if you have a child that is outside what's considered normal, I would not recommend this school. Our son (who has ADHD) would repeatedly get bullied by the teacher, refused normal recess, segregated in class, and repeatedly treated contradictory to what we and the principle were told. The extent of the bullying (endorsed by the school culture) drove my sons frustration and dislike for school through the roof. When we moved my son to Falcon Elementary mid-school year, it only took 1 month of positive reinforcement from the teacher for his academic success to sky rocket and his feelings of inadequacy and frustration to all but disappear. I'm most frustrated that after multiple meetings with the teacher, counselor, and principle the methods identified to deal with our son were dismissed by the teacher repeatedly and most often after only the first week or so and at no time were we ever informed. I had to resort to random spot checks of the classroom. I've never seen a school where non-violent "tag" at recess resulted in referrals. I wouldn't recommend this school to anyone because they lost my trust which is essential to me!

My kids started at this school 3 years ago. They have had a very positive experience. The atmosphere is warm and inviting from when you walk in the door. My kids went from being below average students to above average. I am so pleased with this school and hope our next assignment has schools just as good as this one. The parking and pick up and go line can be challenging!

I have to say, it's a great advantage that it's a couple blocks away from our house. The staff is nice, and the teachers are nice too. My kid came from Montessori and tested one grade up. As the school year started he got bored and when I would ask the teacher to give him more challenging work, she would give him something that was very behind for what he tested. Again teachers are nice but they don't have the time to give children a little more attention when they need it. Also both Kinder and 1st teachers, kept my kid from going to recess because he wasn't finishing his work. It's a horrible experience, it worked for some but just not for us.

The administrative staff and pricipals were something less to be desired....to say the very very least

Last modified Meridian Ranch International School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.