Pueblo, CO

Posted October 04, 2013
SJNCS is fantastic. My older children's education here prepared them for life. My youngest child has been here since pre-school and is in Middle School now. She has had a solid education in all core academics. The extracurricular activities P.E., vocal and instrumental music, religion, Character Counts and Spanish Class have enriched her life in so many ways. The teaching staff is dedicated and always ready to go the extra mile for their students. The Character Counts Program lays a solid foundation for character development. The administrator, teaching staff and non teaching staff work as a team to bring the six pillars of Good Character from words to action in the daily lives of the students. As parents it is our responsibility to model, teach, enforce, and advocate character. The students at this school are great! I have never had a student be disrespectful, rude or mean to me or my child. The administrator has an open door policy. If you have a concern you can speak to her she will act on it and it does get resolved. She is very supportive of her staff & has improved the quality of education at this school. The school is SAFE AND CLEAN. Come & visit this Great School

St John Neumann Catholic School 1

Posted September 27, 2013
I am so sad to say that there are so many issues with St. John Neumann. First and foremost - the administrator never wants the school to look bad, and sweeps most problems under the rug. If you go to her with a concern, she smiles and makes you feel like she understands the concern and will address it - only to ignore the problem. She does not communicate with her staff and never supports them. She has lost MANY great teachers who cared for students in the last year - only to hire retired, overworked, complaining teachers that don't want to actually teach kids. Some of the new staff has degraded students in front of their peers. She also tends to hire her friends, and parents of the students (who says this is a quality education). Many of the students are rude and have little to NO respect for each other, parents and staff. The administrator only cares about the tuition the parents are paying - not how the naughty kids are taking away from the education of all the other students. Very SAD! The building is very old, dirty, and not secure. You can enter the school anytime from a multitude of open doors. Every entryway is covered in cobwebs, dirt and chipped paint.

Posted January 10, 2012
I am deeply hurt in reference to the third review due to the fact that I believe someone has stolen my identity and gave the most negative review of St. John Neumann Catholic School which there is no truth to at all! My husband and I have two daughters and a son in pre-k and transferred from St. Therese which that part of the review is correct. We are very happy with our decision we thought about this move for a year and we made the right decision. Our daughters are very happy with the move!! They are challenged everyday and are receiving the best well rounded education in Pueblo. Administration has been good to my family and we thank God everyday for allowing our children to have such a great education.

Posted November 20, 2011
Our family has been a part of John Neumann for several years now. We have been pleased with the curriculum and overwhelmingly happy with the staff. The children are challenged every day. We chose private school so our kids didn't have to deal with public school red tape and to get a well rounded education. I feel like I can talk to the teachers and administrator and have my questions answered or my input considered. My children are given daily age appropriate homework. Parent involvement is expected - through guiding homework and volunteering to make the school a successful environment. There are many activities through the year that involve families, making the Panthers a true family. After school activities are growing. I am involved in the classrooms and have made it a point to get to know my children's teachers to keep communication lines open. I realize problems happen and not everyone can be happy. I do not believe another poster who said there is favoritism based on having money. There are many happy families at the school who don't come from rich backgrounds. I would recommend John Neumann to a family who cares about their child's education. It is a great place to be!

Posted November 16, 2011
St. John Neumann Catholic school has been an excellent choice for my family. We have been here for the past eight years and we are glad to be part of the Panther family. All teachers PK-8th grade are very dedicated and excited to teach. The teachers take the time to work with students and teach them about the six pillars of character. The administrator has an open door and is willing to help EVERYONE! She is always positive about St. John Neumann and deals with issues on the spot. She is very involved and is willing to help those in need. I feel that St. John Neumann teaches students about morals, values, and ethics. I am so glad that my child attends St. John Neumann! Now that my child will be an eight grade graduate, I will ALWAYS support this school, the teachers, and the administrator! Thank You St. John Neumann for Preparing my child for great sucess!!

Posted June 06, 2011
Great School! Great Results! I have two kids attending and could not be happier. Their Terra Nova scores are off the charts. The staff is dedicated and does a great job at motivating my kids to always give their best and they work hard to keep my children motivated. The Administration is amazing and involved to the 10th degree, always available and willing to spend the time listening to any concern that I might have. I suggest that you pay the school a visit and watch the great work that is being done. SJN is a great place for a child to get the start in life that is tied to doing the right thing with high expectations and amazing academic results..

St John Neumann Catholic School 2

Posted June 01, 2011
I was asked to get on this website to express what my experience has been at SJN. The teaching staff is wonderful! The education is great! The administration is bias and the people who have written these ratings all sound like board members and the families who are favored. My family and I have attended many of the functions at SJN and love how the people with money get treated better then the families without money. When awards are given out it usually is a board member's child or one of the families who are always volunteering. Maybe this is why the other Catholic school was opened because the board still needs people who are about ALL children not their own!

Posted April 29, 2011
As a parent of a kindergartener I must say I highly disagree with the previous negative review of SJN. The administration is great She will immediately make time for me in her office to deal with any issue. The two teachers have been incredible! Yes the morning teacher has many more years experience. And my child is reading fluently and loves school. I have watched the afternoon teacher progess from a first time teacher to one I am thilled my child is learning from. The teachers at SJN are not there for a high salary or the benefits. They truly love the kids and teaching!

Posted April 29, 2011
My children attend St. John Neumann Catholic School. I would invite anyone to visit the school during school hours. You can simply walk through the halls and immediately you will notice silence. This silence is actually the vibrant "sound" of exceptional teachers kindly demanding the attention of their students. On a recent visit to a District 60 school, I encountered the sights and sounds of chaos in the classrooms and hallways. I am happy my kids are at SJNCS. I take great comfort in silence and I know my children do too.

Posted April 24, 2011
This is a school that genuinely cares about the good of the children--both educationally and spiritually. The principal has been very receptive to questions or concerns voiced by parents and is very, very approachable. This school does amazing work for children with very limited resources. The fact that the school is not the newest or doesn't have the latest technologies says volumes about how much can be accomplished with so little. Virtues taught in a Catholic environment has no price tag. As a grandparent of children in the school, I know this is one of the best schools in Pueblo. I am happy my grandchildren are here.

St John Neumann Catholic School
2415 East Orman Avenue, Pueblo, CO  81004
Last modified St John Neumann Catholic School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
St John Neumann Catholic School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 19 reviews. Top