Pueblo, CO
Before care: Yes

Posted September 23, 2014
My son has just started Middle School at McClelland at I can't believe how amazing the program is. The academics are superior to any other school in the area, but beyond that students are taught independence, personal responsibility and respect for one another. How amazing it is for kids to learn these skills BEFORE they get to high school? I've never seen teachers who are able to really get to know your student like McClelland's. Our family is SO glad we found McClelland! If you are even just thinking of looking for a school for your child in Pueblo, check out McClelland. It is a private school, but I know they have financial aid for families that need it.

Posted April 30, 2014
McClelland is a wonderful school. Each day I am impressed seeing children very excited to go to school. McClelland is an environment where kids truly have the love of learning. The academics are fantastic and the community is wonderful. Every child is loved and supported to reach their best potential.

Posted April 08, 2014
We are so fortunate to be a part of the McClelland school family! Teachers who care and challenge students daily, while making learning fun. Parents who are involved and committed to getting the best education possible for their children. Students who are excited about school and learning, and treat others with respect and love! The environment is safe, nurturing and guided by the wonder inherent in all children to explore and learn. Truly a close knit, school family, we are so glad to be a part of!

Posted October 21, 2013
We have been at The McClelland School for 3 years total. It is such a family oriented learning environment. From the small class sizes to the thematic lessons to the life long experiences, my children are getting a great education. The staff cares about the students and teaches them in a way that learning is incredible fun. The investment in my students' education is well worth it!

Posted May 09, 2013
We have two children and McClelland and will have three next year. One of the things we appreciate most about McClelland is that it is a community, not just a school. Your child is known by all teachers in all grades and they are able to interact with children at different age levels; sometimes being a mentor to a younger student and sometimes learning from older students. McClelland also strives to develop the whole child, a child who is curious and interested in learning, not just able to regurgitate facts for a test. They know every child's strengths and weaknesses and they help children become well rounded people, who contribute to society. It is a wonderful place!

Posted April 25, 2013
McClelland isn't just a school, it is a community. It is a community of administrators, educators, parents, and students. My family has been a part of this amazing community for 3 years, now. What I appreicate most is the way that each child is seen as an individual. In the small classroom settings, each child can be challenged, and no child has to work at getting attention from their teachers. On the contrary, their teachers not only know their learning style, but also their personality. The parents are welcome and encouraged to visit at any time during the day. Parents are not seen as an interruption, but as an essential part to the learning process. The best compliment to McClelland comes from both of my boys (Pre-K and 3rd grade) who look forward to the end of summer, so they can return to school!

Posted October 03, 2012
McClelland is a unique learning environment. My children started school at McClelland in 3rd and 5th grades with children who had been going to school there since they were 4. The entire community welcomed them and 3 1/2 years later we couldn't be happier. The education they are receiving is not only excellent, it is unique. The small class sizes mean that the teachers truly know your child as the individual s/he is and they celebrate and challenge that. And that's not just in the "basics." They are both in Middle School now and the music, art, and PE programs are amazing. McClelland School teaches the whole child. You will NEVER see a class being taught to a test. The teachers are constantly looking for new and different ways to teach and ways to get the kids involved in their education and their community. Can't say enough good things.

Posted January 18, 2011
We have had our daughter at McClelland for 2 years now and we really enjoy it. Greatest teachers ,Staff ,students and parents. Their curriculum and environment is something you won't find anywhere else and we are happy to be apart of it . Also every student wants to be here and they hate to miss a day. My daughter cries when sick and we make her miss a day.

Posted November 19, 2009
Our son has been in the pre-school for two years and loves it. It is a very interactive school with lots of opportunities for parental involvement.

The McClelland School 0

Posted November 03, 2009
We've been at McClelland more years than I care to count. We've seen many changes and moves forward. We love the school, teachers, curriculum, environment, and staff. It's a community that I cannot put into words, you'll have to experience it for yourself, and I hope you will.

The McClelland School