PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (4 responses)

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

The staff is great. There has been some turn over in the past but the head master has put together a highly functional group that share with each other to ensure the child is being taught throughout all their classes.

Amount of homework: Agree

The teachers allow the students time to work on their assignments in class so if the student finishes they do not have homework. Yet we have always seen our children be excited about what they are learning. Excited to go to school.

Develops character: Strongly agree

The staff identifies any issues and quickly and fairly requires the students to deal with any issues. They do so with the intent of teaching the child.

Our family loves this school. Both for the values and the families. This school has some great values. "McClelland celebrates every child by promoting character growth, a lifelong love of learning, and academic achievement in a creative and safe environment." They teach the entire child, not just academics. Recently we had some very honest and open discussion with the staff about our child's behavior in class. He was excelling in all academic categories, yet he was not connecting socially with his class mates. The teachers have identified the issue and have helped to develop a plan for him to adjust his behavior. The beauty is they reference his performance continually in every report card. They continue to reinforce the correct behavior. The families can have open conversations with each other about child behavior to help correct these issues quickly. It really feels like the village is helping to raise our children. The community is made up of families that put their child's development first. There is no other place like McClelland in Southern Colorado. If only they had a High School as well.

We are so happy we found McClelland! The school recently experienced a large number of staffing changes, but wow! What a difference. Sometimes a long standing institution needs an updating with staff & administration to keep things fresh and challenging. We have always loved the school, but now we love it even more! Kids can choose (along with their parents) the level of academic classes they take, whether to be in standard or accelerated (accelerated math, standard English etc.). This system seems to be working very well for my children! I am so pleased with the level of professionalism displayed by the staff, along with the supportive and caring attitudes they have with the kids. My middle school daughter is being supported by the school in ways I never thought imaginable! Her friends that attend other area middle schools are not getting the academic rigor or social support that she gets. We are so happy to be here and we are looking forward to finishing middle school at McClelland.

I can not say enough positive comments about this school. The staff is amazing, the other kids are wonderful and the new Head has a strong vision for the school. My middle schooler loves that they get art, music, Spanish and physical education four times a week. My lower school kids love the hands on learning. They treat my kids like people not just a number from a test. We couldn't be happier!

McClelland offers an exceptional learning experience for my two children. The teachers do a fantastic job of challenging them to think creatively and analytically, and to reflect their thinking in cogent writing and public speaking. Their report cards show the depth to which their teachers know and understand not only my children's gifts and talents, but their challenges as well. I love this community of educators and leaders.

This used to be an outstanding school. Unfortunately it has taken an abrupt downward descent in the 2015 - 2016 school year due to staffing changes. I am extremely disappointed that the school my child has been at for 3 years, which used to be so excellent, now is neither fostering of interest in learning nor able to put together a cohesive curriculum.

McClelland is a wonderful school. Each day I am impressed seeing children very excited to go to school. McClelland is an environment where kids truly have the love of learning. The academics are fantastic and the community is wonderful. Every child is loved and supported to reach their best potential.

We are so fortunate to be a part of the McClelland school family! Teachers who care and challenge students daily, while making learning fun. Parents who are involved and committed to getting the best education possible for their children. Students who are excited about school and learning, and treat others with respect and love! The environment is safe, nurturing and guided by the wonder inherent in all children to explore and learn. Truly a close knit, school family, we are so glad to be a part of!

Last modified The McClelland School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8