Bad
Good

As mentioned in other reviews. Our family also moved into this area in order to send our kids to Superior Elementary. We previously lived in metro Denver and frankly the school path our kids would have been on was a "C" at best. As a parent I am super happy with the decision we made and with the school. Our kids are also extremely happy with the school and environment. We have been pretty lucky in that we have always had great teachers here that are encouraging and dedicated to their classroom and students. Although I do hear that most all of the teachers are great actually. One thing I really like is the camaraderie amongst the students. There is definitely a strong sense of belonging...from what I can see...and from what my kids tell me. We did have an issue with our oldest child where he was getting picked on by a group of other kids. Thankfully another parent brought it to our attention and his teacher and the principal squashed it FAST! So we were very thankful for that. But one thing the school does lack is ethnic diversity. I heard other folks mention this as well. Although it seems to be getting a little more diverse in the past 1-2 years. More-so than when we first arrived 5 years ago. Although minimal, the interaction I have had with the principal or administration has been good. I would definitely give this school an "A"!!

A good school is not defined by test scores! Superior Elementary is rated a 10 because the principal's sole emphasis is on test scores. Bullying is very common at this school, the older kids are either rude or just mean to the younger ones. My son was bullied by other kindergarteners (the biggest offender being the son of the 'classroom volunteer mom') and also by a third grade boy. I am convinced that 'Principal Jen' was just going through the motions by even meeting with me. I was also told initially I would have to wait weeks to meet with her because she was tied up in assessments. I had already decided on a new school when we met, but she did 'graciously' offer to speak with the mother of the third grader for me. Our kindergarten teacher was great, really wonderful, and I am sure there are some great teachers here, but the enrichment program is a joke and the enrichment teacher is less qualified than a 13 year old babysitter. Or maybe she is just burned out - but she really could have cared less about any child that was new or struggling and didn't immediately fall into line. I witnessed this poor little kindergarten boy standing against the fence crying for his mom almost everyday while Ms. Seigel stood behind him with disgust and absolutely no compassion. I wish I could have given that boy and his mother a hug, it must have been so painful for her to leave her son with someone so uncaring and cold everyday while she went to work. The school is dominated by the stay-at-home volunteer moms, so if you have the time and are at the school daily, your student will probably do fine even if they are a bully. If you don't have the time to be at the school often and in the classroom volunteering, your student will struggle and I would suggest another school. We switched to Primrose to finish Kindergarten and it was a wonderful experience. We subsequently moved out of the community to find a better home school for our kids, but not everyone can afford to do that, so really do your diligence before moving into this community and sending your kids to this school.

Superior Elementary is a very traditional education experience that overemphasizes test scores to the point that struggling learners and high achievers both suffer. To reinforce other reviews, if your child has special academic needs, be prepared for a struggle at this school. The principal and too many of the teachers are slow to respond to differentiation and accommodations. Some children luck out and have the supportive teachers, who frankly, deserve a better work environment. The overall atmosphere is authoritarian and that tone is set by the principal. A good school is not defined by test scores!

Three of my five children when to this school. My older children did quite well here, but that was some time ago. The principle has changed and my third child at the school is a 2E kiddo while my others were not. What a difference. I went from thinking "top" school, to absolute worst. Many families with special needs kids have been forced out with the new administration. If your child has special needs, look into other schools. TAG program is very weak as well. Some teachers are wonderful, but others are terrible, like most schools. If you have a middle of the line type child, this will probably be a good fit.

Superior Elementary is either a 5 star or a 1 star school depending upon which side of the fence you end up on. This school is fantastic if you fall into the "teacher's pet" category. If you don't, then this school can be hell. The teachers get lots of leeway on how they teach, grade and handle parent teacher conferences. If they like your kid, things will go smooth and you and your kid will be happy (read other reviews). If they determine that your kid is not worth it, it would mean that your kid gets graded subjective to the teacher's criteria. The TCAP scores for your kid could be high advanced but you will still see 1 or 2 on the progress reports. Your kid could get bullied at every level and you cannot complain. The biggest white elephant is the grading. They get volunteers to grade and most often, those volunteers don't know a thing about grading. End result is depressingly low grades for kids who should be building confidence at this age.

We specifically moved here to feed into this school and haven't regretted our decision once. The teachers are fantastic and obviously are really attuned to different learning styles. The parental involvement, which is considerable, is part of what makes Superior Elementary so terrific. I like (& respect) the way the teachers figure out how parents can best help -- some make great teaching assistants, while others might be best utilized doing clerical. There are always going to be nits, and mine is with the entitled nature of the neighborhood ... but that has NOTHING to do with the school, the high quality of education and the truly wonderful, caring teachers, admin and staff.

If you have a concern about something at this elementary school and go to m. hausermann, the principal, with your concern be very careful because she might inform her whole school staff about what your concern is. This happened to me. I am not sure if this is to intimidate the parent or to make sure that the whole staff knows about the concern and turns against you. Since there are quite a few teachers from the school that live in the subdivison make sure you let m. hausermann know that what you are talking about is not for public disclosure.

We have been very pleased with this school. The teachers are fantastic and there are lots of fun and educational activities for students.

Parent teacher student relation and the quality of education is very good. School has very pleasant atmosphere for every kid to learn and grow.

There is no denying that Superior Elementary has very high and successful academic standards. My child has done very well there and I am pleased with that aspect of the school. My purpose here is to bring to the public's attention the pitfal that is the principal, Mary Hauserman. She seems well intentioned but also seems to be micromanaging the school into the ground. Over the last 2 years she has let some of the best teachers in the school go based on her personal prejudices, what message is this sending to our children. Then she did not listen to the school community(even though she asked for imput) when filling the spots. I think moral is low and it needs to be watched carefully over the next year or two. Being a person in a minority, it is hard to sit back and watch her weed.

Last modified Superior Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.