Bad
Good

I agree with the reviews on the teaching staff, they are great. Now for the ugly truth. The class sizes are horrible. They are stuffed in like sardines and if a child needs a little one on one , its not going to happen .The lunches ARE too short, and further down the line these kids will most likely have GI problems. Now for assessment test. They have MULTI assessment test all year. If you don' t live in the walking distance and can't make it because they do not have the busses for assessment days they count your child absent for the entire day. Another way to keep a lower income child ..is no car...from taking the test and penalizing them for it..They also now that that will give them a higher than average overall test scores. Causing the the state and Federal government to pat them on the back. It's an unjust district to penalized the not so fortunate child that doesn't live near and has to bus and they don't. SHAME on the district.

Safety is a concern. Parking lot and traffic is horrible. Administration is biased and treats families unfairly. Many behavior issues in classes that are not being addressed and effecting my child's education and safe surroundings.

I rate this school 2/5 because I learn a lot, which is good but there are many flaws at my school. SOME (not all) teachers do not respect kids. Their punishments are inapropriate like embarrassing the students or yelling at them. I understand that kids do need a punishment for their wrong actions, but these punishments lower self esteem, which in a way can be bullying. Another reason is the lunch time. The lunch time given at this school is 10 minutes - does ARE know that the state law says the minimum time for lunch period is 20 minutes?! The staff here are nice and the principal, and most teachers. But these issues are not suitable for kids 5-11.

This has been a great school for our son, who has attended K-3 thus far. The teachers are fabulous (*especially* Mrs. Robbins and Mrs. Schoolmeester!) and really try to connect with their students and provide a nurturing learning environment for them. The principal, Mr. Gerzon, is wonderful -- very hands-on, approachable, and caring. The school also seems to be fiscally responsible and transparent with keeping parents informed of where budget money is allocated/spent. My small(ish) complaints about the school would be: limited gifted/talented program to keep my son challenged, long drop-off lines (especially for K-2 students), number of students per class has been in the "larger" range (28+ per class). But, all in all, a wonderful school!

Arapahoe Ridge Elementary This school is located within a quiet respectable community that's not near any busy streets. It's tucked neatly away. The teachers have been great & respond quickly to our needs if any issues arise. I like the fact that they get the parents involved to help you respect what the children are learning. I am happy that if there is an issue in the community or surrounding cities that they inform the parents quickly by email or calls about Lockouts & when they are lifted. It makes me feel like my child is truly safe!

This is an amazing public school. The teachers are incredibly committed and the principal is very involved. We have had an excellent experience.

We have two students at Arapahoe Ridge and have been at the school for 3 years now. We are extremely pleased with the Principal and the Teachers. They are all very dedicated to the students and are always looking to enrich the learning environment at the school. Even with the huge budget cuts this year, the staff has done an excellent job of utilizing the resources wisely and effectively. We are so happy to be apart of our local, neighborhood school where our children are thriving and learning.

ARE staff works as a team towards the school vision of creating a community of learning. Outstanding Adams 12 school. I take exception to the negative reviews with very specific one-off issues thery are focusing on. Come see for yourself, go wolves!

I have been involved with ARE for the past two years and couldn't feel better about our choice to send our children to this school. The teachers are passionate about teaching, the well-being of the children and are committed to making the elementary years a wonderful experience for the children. Every year we see more and more budget cuts and the administration and PSO Board at ARE are always coming up with creative ways to increase learning opportunities, help the struggling students, add technology and resources. Every decision is made in the best interest of the students. Thinking about sending your kids to ARE. Come for a visit, meet the teachers, talk with the principal, call some parents.

I have been absolutely delighted with our experience at Arapahoe Ridge. The teachers have been excellent and completely adaptable with the material to keep my daughter challenged. I feel like they do a wonderful job of not only tailoring the material to her needs and level but on the days I volunteer, I can see it being tailored to the needs of those students who need additional help. The principal is involved, attentive and available whenever I have needed him. We receive constant and timely communication. I love the early release day on Wednesdays and the opportunity it provides to do outside activities without interfering with her schoolwork. I am so grateful that we have such a high-quality and positive school for our children to attend and would recommend it to anyone!

Last modified Arapahoe Ridge Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.