Arapahoe Ridge Elementary School 2

Posted March 27, 2014
Safety is a concern. Parking lot and traffic is horrible. Administration is biased and treats families unfairly. Many behavior issues in classes that are not being addressed and effecting my child's education and safe surroundings.

Arapahoe Ridge Elementary School 2

Posted February 21, 2014
I rate this school 2/5 because I learn a lot, which is good but there are many flaws at my school. SOME (not all) teachers do not respect kids. Their punishments are inapropriate like embarrassing the students or yelling at them. I understand that kids do need a punishment for their wrong actions, but these punishments lower self esteem, which in a way can be bullying. Another reason is the lunch time. The lunch time given at this school is 10 minutes - does ARE know that the state law says the minimum time for lunch period is 20 minutes?! The staff here are nice and the principal, and most teachers. But these issues are not suitable for kids 5-11.

Arapahoe Ridge Elementary School 4

Posted February 10, 2014
This has been a great school for our son, who has attended K-3 thus far. The teachers are fabulous (*especially* Mrs. Robbins and Mrs. Schoolmeester!) and really try to connect with their students and provide a nurturing learning environment for them. The principal, Mr. Gerzon, is wonderful -- very hands-on, approachable, and caring. The school also seems to be fiscally responsible and transparent with keeping parents informed of where budget money is allocated/spent. My small(ish) complaints about the school would be: limited gifted/talented program to keep my son challenged, long drop-off lines (especially for K-2 students), number of students per class has been in the "larger" range (28+ per class). But, all in all, a wonderful school!

Posted May 16, 2013
Arapahoe Ridge Elementary This school is located within a quiet respectable community that's not near any busy streets. It's tucked neatly away. The teachers have been great & respond quickly to our needs if any issues arise. I like the fact that they get the parents involved to help you respect what the children are learning. I am happy that if there is an issue in the community or surrounding cities that they inform the parents quickly by email or calls about Lockouts & when they are lifted. It makes me feel like my child is truly safe!

Posted February 12, 2012
This is an amazing public school. The teachers are incredibly committed and the principal is very involved. We have had an excellent experience.

Posted February 10, 2012
We have two students at Arapahoe Ridge and have been at the school for 3 years now. We are extremely pleased with the Principal and the Teachers. They are all very dedicated to the students and are always looking to enrich the learning environment at the school. Even with the huge budget cuts this year, the staff has done an excellent job of utilizing the resources wisely and effectively. We are so happy to be apart of our local, neighborhood school where our children are thriving and learning.

Posted February 10, 2012
ARE staff works as a team towards the school vision of creating a community of learning. Outstanding Adams 12 school. I take exception to the negative reviews with very specific one-off issues thery are focusing on. Come see for yourself, go wolves!

Posted February 09, 2012
I have been involved with ARE for the past two years and couldn't feel better about our choice to send our children to this school. The teachers are passionate about teaching, the well-being of the children and are committed to making the elementary years a wonderful experience for the children. Every year we see more and more budget cuts and the administration and PSO Board at ARE are always coming up with creative ways to increase learning opportunities, help the struggling students, add technology and resources. Every decision is made in the best interest of the students. Thinking about sending your kids to ARE. Come for a visit, meet the teachers, talk with the principal, call some parents.

Posted February 09, 2012
I have been absolutely delighted with our experience at Arapahoe Ridge. The teachers have been excellent and completely adaptable with the material to keep my daughter challenged. I feel like they do a wonderful job of not only tailoring the material to her needs and level but on the days I volunteer, I can see it being tailored to the needs of those students who need additional help. The principal is involved, attentive and available whenever I have needed him. We receive constant and timely communication. I love the early release day on Wednesdays and the opportunity it provides to do outside activities without interfering with her schoolwork. I am so grateful that we have such a high-quality and positive school for our children to attend and would recommend it to anyone!

Posted March 07, 2011
Excellent school, I have had kids for the past 12 years straight. We have had some absolutely magnificent and innovative teachers.

Arapahoe Ridge Elementary School
13095 Pecos St, Westminster, CO  80030
Last modified Arapahoe Ridge Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Arapahoe Ridge Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 18 reviews. Top