Bad
Good

My daughters attended this school for two years after having no choice because we just moved to this side of town, within the spur of the moment. So they told me since it was my "neighbor" school that I had to. For this upcoming school year, they will not be coming back. When something would happen at the school, concerning my children I was not given a phone call not even a letter. My child got hit in the head accidentally while playing, I did not even know of this until I picked her up and she told me, following her carrying an ice bag. If any illness does occur or injury it's like they keep it a secret. The school needs more money, and let's not even get on the nutrition part.

The Fourth and fifth grade teachers are amazing. Especially Mr. Waldau. The way he teaches gets the kids excited to come to school every day.

My son attended this school for maybe a month before I pulled him out. I don't even know where to begin on how awful this school is. My son went from being at the top of his class, loving school to making up excuses daily as to why he couldn't attend school that day. Even to the point of tears, running back to the car begging me not to leave him. All in a months time this school nearly ruined my kindergartners love for school. I wouldn't send my worst enemies child to this school. After removing him from the school weeks before the year ended, we arrived home and I informed him that he was never going back, he cried and thanked me, repeatedly. Coming from a 6 year old, it says a lot. For first grade we transferred to Belleview Christian and couldn't be happier. His love for school has returned and he's on outstanding honor roll. Mesa is a complete joke of a school. I wish I could rate it negative stars. When a school doesn't allow parents behind these 2 doors, windows are completely covered, and your child cries in his sleep... There's something wrong.

This year has proven to be very disheartening. Last year I was assured that my child's needs would be met. This year the care and concern were nonexistent!!!! It becomes apparent that this is accomplished by thinning the herd and students who move at a slower pace are advised to seek their educational needs elsewhere. Very disappointed!!

I was a student here since kindergarden. All teachers are so nice and helpful and help me with my speacial needs. My mum recently took me out and put me into Thomson cause it was in Jeffco but she realized it was a mistake cause my grades have dropped tremendously in only 2 months!!

The staff have been very specail to my grandson,he has many specail needs(I call them unique) including Autism. He started at K, he is now in third grade! Reading is at third grade now,math is a little harder for him but he is doing good. He has just advanced so much because of the teachers,office staff,bus drivers,well ALL the staff! Jordan and our family hold them in high regard. Jordan loves all of them,ALL staff. The kids treat him very well also. Grandma Margaret

My daughter really likes this school. I like how the teachers care and really help the students. My daughter has been to other schools that don't help the students that much. The school does need alot of work done to it. My daughter said that colors would be nice, instead of just white. My one complaint is that they don't get that much time to eat lunch. If they can't finish their food, then they will get hungry later in the afternoon and not be able to focus as well as if they had a full lunch.

I think Mesa is a great school my children go there and the teachers really care. The teachers are very involved with their students and the activities are educational

When I walk through the halls the Teachers have good control of their classrooms but building is very old and decrepit This school has no designated lunch room and students are often seen working in halls due to the fact that class rooms are so small I think Principal and Teaches do a good job with what they have to work with. One thing I think Adams County & Teachers could work on is good nutrition ... No candy or Cookies or artificial sugar in classroom Instead encourage natural food like fruit and veggies for snack time.

Last modified Mesa Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.