Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)

I have two children attending Everitt. I think Everitt Middle School is great because of the staff! The teachers are very supportive and encourage the students by supporting their learning after school and working with parents to ensure students are learning. I know that if my children are having difficulties I will be notified promptly. Kudos to all the staff at Everitt Middle School! Keep up the good work!

Handles bullying effectively: Agree

I have not been affected by this topic, however I am confident that leadership would handle this appropriately and in a timely manner.

Effective school leaders: Agree

Leadership at Everitt is effective. Mr. Gomez holds all students accountable for their behavior and school work. If either is less than expected, they have consequences. This accountability is done in a positive manner and encourages self reflection.

Develops character: Agree

The staff encourage strong character in students such as integrity, compassion and respect just as the teachers show the students integrity, compassion and respect.

Teacher effectiveness: Agree

The teachers are effective because they hold the students responsible for their choices, whether it's their behavior or school work. And if the teachers need support from home, they always email or call without hesistation.

Amount of homework: Agree

My children have always been told by myself and the teacher to ask questions before coming home with homework. if they are having a hard time with homework, they are responsible to talk with their teacher and find a solution. The teachers are very positive about helping my children with homework and very responsive.

My daughter, who is part of the D/HH group at Everitt received a prize on Friday. When I asked her about the prize she went into great detail about the Everitt ticket incentive program where the teachers reward students for displaying one of the core Everitt values; Education, Value, Expectations, Respect, Integrity, Teamwork, Trust. She was able to articulate each teacher and the value that she was recognized for demonstrating. It was an amazing feeling, as a mom, to experience the pride and joy for her to be recognized and empowered by the teachers. Probably why she wants to be an educator herself....Amazing school!

When we moved to Wheat Ridge in the middle of my son's 7th grade year, I was warned by everyone I talked to not to send my child here. However, really wanting a neighborhood school, I met with the counselor anyway. It was the best decision ever! The feel of the school from the moment I waslked in was incredible The counselor was amazing and I knew where I would send my son. My son has a processing disorder and is on an IEP. Our experience thus far is best described as a battle. His previous school had removed all but one of his accomdations in his IEP. The IEP administrator took his time when we met and put all of them back in. I was still wary based on our past experiences but the support was amazing. For the first time, I actually got to relax and the school took charge. The teachers were incredible and very helpful. One of them called me at home on a Sunday evening to see if I thought an idea she had would work for my son. That has never happened before! Mr. Gomez, the principal, is awesome! One of the other reveiws mentioned that leadership goes from the top down and I wholeheartedly agree. It is very evident at this school. I like the way the staff encourages pride and responsibility for your school. Haven't seen that in a while... My son said yesterday "I wish I was back at Everitt". He is now at the high school and the level of support has dropped to a very low level. The teachers are great but the support staff is seriously lacking. My son had the chance to be successful at Everitt and now we're back to the usual battle which affects his confidence. My 5 star rating for Everitt is based on our experience from admission to 8th grade graduation. From the principal to the office staff to the teachers. Everyone did what they could to help my son succeed. The best compliment ever is from my son, who wants to go back to Everitt! Thank you to all who supported my son!! It can be a thankless job, but you made a big difference in his life!

Everitt was recommended by our neighbor and a friend as a great middle school. I am so pleased with the community of teachers and staff. I transferred my son from DPS mid-year his 7th Grade year and he is thriving. From the moment I walked into the door at Everitt, I was impressed by how welcoming the staff and counselors were and how they know each student. I'm happy to report my son has made friends and although this is his first few weeks, he is much happier and seems to be adjusting nicely. The Principal and V.P. introduced themselves to me and wanted feedback as to why we moved my son from DPS. The 7th Grade Counselor made his transition flawless by assigning him three 7th Grade boys for him to shadow and took the time to get to know my son so she could pair him accordingly. The community feel of Everitt is what makes this school so great. You can see that it starts with the Principal, Vice Principal and Counselors and feeds a nurturing and welcoming environment where the kids are encouraged to excel. You can feel this from the moment you step in Everitt and I'm delighted to have found a better fit for my son.

Everitt is very student-focused. They strive to meet the needs of all students from intervention classes to honors classes and all students in-between. We have one of the only Tech Ed programs and the growing music and art programs offer students opportunities to try new skills and different ways to think. As for the fund raisers mentioned by the other comment... We hold fundraisers to help raise money to take students on field trips, have dances, and benefit students who need help. The library furniture... was a donation after the flood. A teacher wrote a Grant to get it donated. Please check facts before making comments that are not true.

Last modified Everitt Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 7-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.