Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Everitt Middle School
Grateful to: Teacher

Posted May 05, 2016
The music teacher is the best! Mrs. Reardon has such a love of Music and she encourages my children to love music too! I have four children and three of them have been in either Band, Orchestra or Choir with Mrs. Reardon and she has been a positive teacher with a positive attitude. I know my youngest will be happy and shown the love of Music as well when she attends this fall. Mrs. Reardon continued to encourage my children even when their attitudes were not the best. I know there are teachers who get discouraged, but there are children who remember what a positive teacher has taught them! All my children talk very positively of Mrs. Reardon and Everitt is lucky to have a teacher like Mrs. Reardon! Great Job!

Posted December 15, 2015
When we moved to Wheat Ridge in the middle of my son's 7th grade year, I was warned by everyone I talked to not to send my child here. However, really wanting a neighborhood school, I met with the counselor anyway. It was the best decision ever! The feel of the school from the moment I waslked in was incredible The counselor was amazing and I knew where I would send my son. My son has a processing disorder and is on an IEP. Our experience thus far is best described as a battle. His previous school had removed all but one of his accomdations in his IEP. The IEP administrator took his time when we met and put all of them back in. I was still wary based on our past experiences but the support was amazing. For the first time, I actually got to relax and the school took charge. The teachers were incredible and very helpful. One of them called me at home on a Sunday evening to see if I thought an idea she had would work for my son. That has never happened before! Mr. Gomez, the principal, is awesome! One of the other reveiws mentioned that leadership goes from the top down and I wholeheartedly agree. It is very evident at this school. I like the way the staff encourages pride and responsibility for your school. Haven't seen that in a while... My son said yesterday "I wish I was back at Everitt". He is now at the high school and the level of support has dropped to a very low level. The teachers are great but the support staff is seriously lacking. My son had the chance to be successful at Everitt and now we're back to the usual battle which affects his confidence. My 5 star rating for Everitt is based on our experience from admission to 8th grade graduation. From the principal to the office staff to the teachers. Everyone did what they could to help my son succeed. The best compliment ever is from my son, who wants to go back to Everitt! Thank you to all who supported my son!! It can be a thankless job, but you made a big difference in his life!

Everitt Middle School 4

Posted November 17, 2014
Everitt was recommended by our neighbor and a friend as a great middle school. I am so pleased with the community of teachers and staff. I transferred my son from DPS mid-year his 7th Grade year and he is thriving. From the moment I walked into the door at Everitt, I was impressed by how welcoming the staff and counselors were and how they know each student. I'm happy to report my son has made friends and although this is his first few weeks, he is much happier and seems to be adjusting nicely. The Principal and V.P. introduced themselves to me and wanted feedback as to why we moved my son from DPS. The 7th Grade Counselor made his transition flawless by assigning him three 7th Grade boys for him to shadow and took the time to get to know my son so she could pair him accordingly. The community feel of Everitt is what makes this school so great. You can see that it starts with the Principal, Vice Principal and Counselors and feeds a nurturing and welcoming environment where the kids are encouraged to excel. You can feel this from the moment you step in Everitt and I'm delighted to have found a better fit for my son.

Posted April 07, 2014
Everitt is very student-focused. They strive to meet the needs of all students from intervention classes to honors classes and all students in-between. We have one of the only Tech Ed programs and the growing music and art programs offer students opportunities to try new skills and different ways to think. As for the fund raisers mentioned by the other comment... We hold fundraisers to help raise money to take students on field trips, have dances, and benefit students who need help. The library furniture... was a donation after the flood. A teacher wrote a Grant to get it donated. Please check facts before making comments that are not true.

Everitt Middle School 1

Posted January 02, 2014
As an 8th grader at everitt, I am extremely displeased. I would have rather spend the 2 years i've had at everitt at a prison. The school seems to lie a lot about budgets too, always having fundraisers to "hel the students learn" when in reality they just spent around $4000 on furniture for the library

Everitt Middle School 3

Posted September 26, 2013
This is my Grand-Daughters first year at Everett and I must say that I am excited and look forward to the "WHAT" Everett Middle School has to offer. So far, what I have seen, it seems to be a decent School...Time will tell!!!!

Posted March 18, 2013
Well, obviously, I am biased, but with more than 330 students enrolled in art each year, it's impossible to say that Everitt's Art program is "almost non-existent." Quite the opposite. Last year, we had students in both district art shows, one who took second place in the drawing category. The art room has just received a wonderful facelift thanks to PTA and teacher support. We have a celebration of the music and arts night complete with gallery, music and coffee bistro setting. Art fills the hallways...art students have worked on a mural in one of our man hallways and another is planned for our clinic. Everitt's band, orchestra and choir perform concerts each trimester....we have students in all county band and orchestra (regular and honors) and even representation at National honor choir in Texas this spring. Students also have access to art and music instruction after school and at clubs. The arts are alive and well at Everitt--thriving actually. Come by for a visit and see for yourself.

Everitt Middle School 1

Posted February 06, 2013
Just look at the test scores. Ouch!! I love my kids too much to send them here.

Everitt Middle School 3

Posted October 20, 2012
I attended this school in the late 80's, so I had very little hesitation when my son and daughter wanted to enroll at Everitt. What a change! The school has been remodeled which resulted in dead end hallways, the art program is almost non-existent...and the most troubling aspect of all: French is no longer taught! What sort of school district cuts out an entire foreign language program? Spanish is still taught..of course, but where is the choice? Apparently, Jeffco no longer believes that French is an important class choice for 7th or 8th graders...Which is a real shame. I think the demise of this school hits me harder because I have witnessed the school and been involved with the school at two separate points, currently and twenty years ago. Nostalgia not withstanding, it is sad to see what has happened to this school.

Posted August 17, 2012
Everitt middle is a great school. You can connect with the teachers and students in a heart beat. When I was going to Everitt, orchestra was my family. I'm a foster child of many homes and I thought of my orchestra teacher as a mom. She was my insperation to become a better person.

Everitt Middle School
3900 Kipling Street, Wheat Ridge, CO  80033
Last modified Everitt Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 7-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.