Wheat Ridge, CO

Everitt Middle School 4

Posted November 17, 2014
Everitt was recommended by our neighbor and a friend as a great middle school. I am so pleased with the community of teachers and staff. I transferred my son from DPS mid-year his 7th Grade year and he is thriving. From the moment I walked into the door at Everitt, I was impressed by how welcoming the staff and counselors were and how they know each student. I'm happy to report my son has made friends and although this is his first few weeks, he is much happier and seems to be adjusting nicely. The Principal and V.P. introduced themselves to me and wanted feedback as to why we moved my son from DPS. The 7th Grade Counselor made his transition flawless by assigning him three 7th Grade boys for him to shadow and took the time to get to know my son so she could pair him accordingly. The community feel of Everitt is what makes this school so great. You can see that it starts with the Principal, Vice Principal and Counselors and feeds a nurturing and welcoming environment where the kids are encouraged to excel. You can feel this from the moment you step in Everitt and I'm delighted to have found a better fit for my son.

Posted April 07, 2014
Everitt is very student-focused. They strive to meet the needs of all students from intervention classes to honors classes and all students in-between. We have one of the only Tech Ed programs and the growing music and art programs offer students opportunities to try new skills and different ways to think. As for the fund raisers mentioned by the other comment... We hold fundraisers to help raise money to take students on field trips, have dances, and benefit students who need help. The library furniture... was a donation after the flood. A teacher wrote a Grant to get it donated. Please check facts before making comments that are not true.

Everitt Middle School 1

Posted January 02, 2014
As an 8th grader at everitt, I am extremely displeased. I would have rather spend the 2 years i've had at everitt at a prison. The school seems to lie a lot about budgets too, always having fundraisers to "hel the students learn" when in reality they just spent around $4000 on furniture for the library

Everitt Middle School 3

Posted September 26, 2013
This is my Grand-Daughters first year at Everett and I must say that I am excited and look forward to the "WHAT" Everett Middle School has to offer. So far, what I have seen, it seems to be a decent School...Time will tell!!!!

Posted March 18, 2013
Well, obviously, I am biased, but with more than 330 students enrolled in art each year, it's impossible to say that Everitt's Art program is "almost non-existent." Quite the opposite. Last year, we had students in both district art shows, one who took second place in the drawing category. The art room has just received a wonderful facelift thanks to PTA and teacher support. We have a celebration of the music and arts night complete with gallery, music and coffee bistro setting. Art fills the hallways...art students have worked on a mural in one of our man hallways and another is planned for our clinic. Everitt's band, orchestra and choir perform concerts each trimester....we have students in all county band and orchestra (regular and honors) and even representation at National honor choir in Texas this spring. Students also have access to art and music instruction after school and at clubs. The arts are alive and well at Everitt--thriving actually. Come by for a visit and see for yourself.

Everitt Middle School 1

Posted February 06, 2013
Just look at the test scores. Ouch!! I love my kids too much to send them here.

Everitt Middle School 3

Posted October 20, 2012
I attended this school in the late 80's, so I had very little hesitation when my son and daughter wanted to enroll at Everitt. What a change! The school has been remodeled which resulted in dead end hallways, the art program is almost non-existent...and the most troubling aspect of all: French is no longer taught! What sort of school district cuts out an entire foreign language program? Spanish is still taught..of course, but where is the choice? Apparently, Jeffco no longer believes that French is an important class choice for 7th or 8th graders...Which is a real shame. I think the demise of this school hits me harder because I have witnessed the school and been involved with the school at two separate points, currently and twenty years ago. Nostalgia not withstanding, it is sad to see what has happened to this school.

Everitt Middle School 2

Posted May 11, 2012
My child attends Everitt Middle School and is not as challenged as she could be - she hears about the teachers complaining about Budget Cuts more than actual school curriculum - If it were not for the new Principle, Jeff Gomez, the school would be overcome with inadequacies...If I could start over again, I would run not walk from Jeffco Schools all together!

Posted January 18, 2012
I have two children attending Everitt. I think Everitt Middle School is great because of the staff! The teachers are very supportive and encourage the students by supporting their learning after school and working with parents to ensure students are learning. I know that if my children are having difficulties I will be notified promptly. Kudos to all the staff at Everitt Middle School! Keep up the good work!

Everitt Middle School 4

Posted November 09, 2009

Everitt Middle School
3900 Kipling St, Wheat Ridge, CO  80033
Last modified Everitt Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 7-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Everitt Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 23 reviews. Top