Prospect Valley Elementary School 3

Posted September 30, 2014
Prospect Valley happens to be our neighborhood school. When we looked at the reviews when we were deciding to move into the area we were excited to have such a good school in our neighborhood so that we didn't have to deal with the choice process. However, we are currently a month and a half into the school year and I am rather underwhelmed with my child's teacher. She doesn't seem to like dealing with the parents OR the children and in fact, I wonder why she even decided to get a job as a teacher. She is very snappy and even condescending. Her lesson plans are clearly from the internet which is rather disappointing as I don't even have a teacher's certification and would be able to do the same thing. As it is so early in the year I will probably just try to ride this out and see what happens but I am seriously considering transferring my child to a private school next year. Long story short; the scores on the great schools website don't tell the whole story.

Posted August 18, 2014
They are an amazing school! Amazing teachers and an awesome principle more should be like this man. He interacts with the kids and families. He doesn't just sit all day In his office typing away on his computer, he is involved with everyone which is very rare. I absolutely love this school and couldn't be more happy how they helped my baby learn and grow. Having your first child going to school is very scary for you as a parent and child, but they (Prospect Valley) has helped us. And the parent community is amazing, great atmosphere.

Posted December 06, 2013
Love, love, love this school! We moved our daughter here for third grade and she is a completely different child! She was not academically challenged at her last school but PV creates a rigorous and fun school environment!

Posted September 06, 2013
We are fortunate to live just blocks away from such a wonderful school. The teachers are fantastic--energetic and interested in their students. A majority of the teachers have been there for the eight years we've been at the school, and many have been there much longer. Our PE teacher retired after 35 years at Prospect Valley! We've experienced three different principals in our years at PV, and feel that we hit the jackpot with Mr. Collins! The kids love him. He is able to connect with them, yet still be very professional work well with the teachers, parents, and community. Prospect Valley seems to have all the components for a successful school--great principal, great teachers & support staff, and great families (with a lot of parent involvement).

Prospect Valley Elementary School 1

Posted August 30, 2013
There is no accountability with the principal and the staff. The teacher turnover is high and the administration is clueless on what is happening in the classroom. The vision and strategy for the school is sound, execution is very poor.

Prospect Valley Elementary School 4

Posted May 28, 2013
Really great school! We were welcomed and PV became a great place to land. Our dd's teacher was excellent and really works well with the kids -- but all the teachers we've encountered have been very good. The principal is "aces" in our book. What an incredible leader! Specials are truly "specials" and one even feels supported by the library and technical curriculum staff. A great year this was and truly appreciate all that PV has done.

Posted August 09, 2012
Very low turnover of staff mean my kids see the same happy teachers from year to year. Principal makes sure that every teacher is committed to bringing the best out of every child. Pride, accountable and involved community. Love this school!!!

Posted March 13, 2012
We choiced into Prospect Valley three years ago and love the school! This year, we have a new principal who provides strong, consistent leadership; focuses on improvements; and supports parents and staff members. He is consistently available and willing to try new ideas. The teaching staff is committed and dedicated to our children. Our teachers have challenged each child and communicated with us regularly about progress and opportunities for improvement. We have active PTA and accountability committees and more parents volunteering in the school than they might know what to do with! We recently started the national WatchdOGS program, which brings more male family members into the school. The students love to see the dads, uncles, and grandpas! Our PE teacher runs a comprehensive intramural program. After school care is offered at the school. The art, music, and library teachers are unparalleled in their fields. We are fortunate to have found PV!

Posted January 18, 2012
Prospect Valley is a great school! Even with some staff changes, everyone has pulled together and made the school run as wonderful as ever. Prospect Valley is one big community of staff, kids and parents working together! Good Job to the staff and parents for making things fall into place. All the children are lucky to have all the support!

Prospect Valley Elementary School 1

Posted August 30, 2009
I was very disappointed with the care my child received at this school 2008-2009 school year. We had numerous issues with my child's teacher, all of which were excused by the principal, and the teacher not held accountable for her actions. Her actions made my child hate school, when prior years he was on the honor roll. I hope the new principal holds the teachers accountable for their actions and listens if a parent brings a concern to her. I have moved my child to another school in the district and he is thrilled about his teacher this year. It's just too bad that we had to move him away from his friends to get him away from the negativity this teacher brought this last year.

Prospect Valley Elementary School
3400 Pierson St, Wheat Ridge, CO  80033
Last modified Prospect Valley Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Prospect Valley Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 15 reviews. Top