Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

Horrible School I attended Ansonia High school for two years then transferred to Naugatuck High school for the remainder. Ansonia held me back and made me doubt my future. I was in special education till Naugatuck were i was told that i did not need to be in speacial education. I did great in regular classes and graduated with honors. I had teachers in Ansonia High School who asked me what i wanted to be when i grew up. But when i told her she would always tell me that i was reaching for the stars and that i needed a more realistic goal. I`m proud to say i became what they said was not realistic. I am not naming this teacher, i actually liked this teacher but i will never forget how she put me down... I also had another teacher who would guilt me into staying in the special education classes. She would get upset and ask me why i wanted to leave her. I never understood why she would do this the only thing i could think of now is because i was a very well behaved student and maybe her favorite plus she was getting pretty old.... I also have 2 cousin`s who go to Ansonia High school right now and they are forced into wearing these strict dress codes, which the school board claimed would stop kids from being bullied. This is not true both my cousins are bullied. My youngest cousin is teased everyday. These strict dress codes are horrible. High school is when teens are trying to find themselves, as well as feel comfortable why`ll going threw all these changes and these teens are striped from this right as well as the first amendment by this dress code. I believe it is very important to be able to express yourself especially during your High School years. I will never recommend anyone to Ansonia CT School system

I believe that AHS is moving in the right direction and making positive academic changes to improve student outcomes.

1 of the worst school systems in the state. Out of 30 districts, number 1 being the overall best, Ansonia rates at number 29. Educators are more interested in their paycheck, cliques, & the pigskin than teaching the students. On behalf of my parent with regret, I graduated from this system in the late 70's that's has progressively worsened! I refuse to enroll my children. Anyone who recommends or denies the truth about this educational system is as ignorant as it is. As long as this community caters to section 8/title 19 it will remain backwards & menacing.

I have to say A Parent hit the nail on the head, so much to the point I had to see if I submitted the review. This school is below par, but the blame starts with the BOE Superintendent Dr. Merlone. I spent hours upon hours having to correct teacher errors, fighting for my child's rights, being inundateted with teachers who just don't care. When you bring an issue to Administration you could be you would not receive a call back from the then AP Mr. Wilson - who did such a stellar job the promoted him to Asst. Superintendent!! The schools in this district fail yearly. There's no emphasis placed on academics - if you don't play football you're just another body filling a seat .. It's sad because the few staff they have that think outside the box or truly enjoy what they do are treated horribly...

If I could rate this school less than a 1 star I would - the teachers are very young and NON MOTIVATED - there is no thinking outside of the box in getting the students engaged in the learning/teaching process. As a parent that was involved in my child s education by keeping in constant contact with all the teachers I was very disappointed with the lack of response from the teachers. More focus was placed on every little minor thing that the students did wrong rather than positive reinforcement. Teachers are quick to "write up" a student - send them to the office or even suspend them for minor stupid things. The school is trying to change their image by having students wear uniforms - rather than focusing on the way the school is perceived by having students wear uniforms they administrators should concentrate on the actual education these students are receiving. All of the administrators are just buying time until they retire there is not a genuine care for any of the students. As a resident of Ansonia I am embarrassed at the lack of education and professionalism.

Its like any other school, if you are willing to learn the staff is there for you. A great place with great clubs, and school siprit. And there teams are OK too.

Its a good school, very good. I think its good to let the kids express there selves by not having dress code. They feel comfortable. Dont ever out dress code though.I have fun at ahs

'As a graduate of AHS, I thought that the school system was good. Granted, as in all high schools, there were those students that did not want to be there and put forth no effort what so ever. I was part of the honors classes, and I cannot give our teachers enough compliments, especially, Mme McRae, Ms Finnlayson, Mr Russo, Mr Sabulis, and Mrs Davis, along with so many others. The only thing I wish the school did more with is it's AP and UCONN courses, the counselors need to push students toward these options, and offer more of these classes for the students to take.

Last modified Ansonia High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.