Bethlehem, CT

Amount of homework: Too much

Posted May 23, 2015
A tad more than ideal, but not completely unreasonable in quantity. The amount is doable.

Posted May 23, 2015
Attending Woodhall was a transformative experience for me. It helped me to resolve tendencies I was previously unwilling to address.

Posted March 13, 2015
The Woodhall School is without doubt the place where my son has been the happiest he has been in his life and where he has learned the tools to help him be a happy, responsible and self-fulfilled adult. The School has an extraordinary academic, sports and enrichment program considering its small size. However, more importantly, the boys who come to Woodhall learn to believe in themselves and how to live with intention and accountability. They learn how to live with compassion and responsibility. For the Woodhall boys who, although they are very bright, struggle to find their place, The Woodhall School is where miracles happen.

The Woodhall School 1

Posted December 12, 2013
As a student i can say truly that any student would regret going to this school. The system of accountability is a joke and the faculty and administration do not complete of fulfill their responsibilities and then attempt to blame the students and duck responsibility.

Posted June 25, 2013
Our son attended Woodhall for 3 years, beginning with repeating 10th grade. He had just been diagnosed with Asperger's. The first year, he was angry and withdrawn. Then he chose to return because he realized that the teachers were truly positive, proactive, and caring -- Just like Mr. Woodhall, EVERYONE cares about the young gentlemen of Woodhall. Our son ended up excelling, taking all 3 AP courses that were offered and getting a score of 5 on all 3 exams. The teaching is outstanding (equivalent to top prep schools, but much more personal). Our son just finished his freshman year at a top university, earning a GPA of 4.0. He will be applying to graduate school or medical school. Most importantly, he now likes himself! That is the greatest gift of all. Woodhall is not for everyone, but Mr. Woodhall will talk with prospective students and their parents to help determine whether this is right for you. They teach the core values of Communication and Accountability. It prepares both the students and their parents for the future with a sense of direction and confidence. We are deeply indebted to Woodhall for helping our son find himself.

Posted January 23, 2013
If you are looking for a boarding school for your son, Woodhall is the place! We help turn teens who are struggling into successful gentlemen. We are a supportive, helpful, inspiring community who truly care about the students. We strive every day to give personal attention to all 42 of our students. We know each one by name, tailor their course selections to their needs, monitor their success daily and report weekly on their grades. But the best part about The Woodhall School is that our alums write to us and tell us of the huge difference the school has made in their lives. Many of today's successful men in the military and other highly skilled professions have graduated from Woodhall. Discover for yourself what the individualized approach that teaches compassion, integrity, and respect can do for your son and for your family.

Posted November 11, 2011
As a graduate of the Woodhall School, I can say that this school changed my life. I was afforded the opportunity to work at my own pace under close supervision which enabled me to graduate early! I have had a long and successful career and make it a point to keep in touch with the school. The structure and individualized approach to education is unmatched and the results speak for themselves. 100% of Woodhall's graduates are accepted to college at the time of graduation. Many students resist structure that requires you to be accountable for your actions (I was one of them) however, having spoken to dozens of former students I can assure you that the common theme is one of appreciation for what Woodhall has done for them.

Posted April 26, 2010
My son is thriving at the school. It is structured, offers advanced classes, and promotes values.

Posted April 15, 2009
Excellent school. Terrific faculty that really connect with the boys.

The Woodhall School 1

Posted July 10, 2008
As a grudging 'alum' from Woodhall I would not submit your child to this institution. The concept of the school is solid, however the actual follow through is cold, controlling, and undermining. The communication group, again a good concept, is administered by teachers and faculty that have NO therapeutic training, how ever treat it like they are counselors or psychiatrists. This can create a power struggle between the students and faculty, as teachers egos can flare up when children get put into tough spots.

Po Box 550, Bethlehem, CT  06751