Bridgeport, CT
Students enrolled: 1,315

Harding High School 1

Posted October 31, 2014
Dont ever send your kids to Hardding high school it is the worse school in bpt . you got kids skipping everyday not doing what they have to do theres kids playing around fighting evryday the princibles here dont have a clue on how to control the kids they dont know how to follow the code of conduct and just making up anything that they could i honestly do think every single last princible there should be fried there should be new teachers there as well we arent getting taught the right things we need to be taught . theres no good thing you could say about harding this place is horrible and i cant wait to graduate from this tragedy

Harding High School 0

Posted July 22, 2008
Let me start by saying that press is always going to be the same.. They will fabricate and emphasize the bad things in order to get more viewers. For years, Harding High School has been given a bad reputation.. With the help of the press more people have known Harding High School as the worse public High School in the Bridgeport area.. We have had so many great things happened in the school and they never have been published.. The reason is people are more interested in what we do wrong than what we do right.. It's human nature and we can not fight against it.. I am a success story as a graduate of Harding High School.. I attended the International Baccalaureate program which prepared me for college today.. I am still attending American International College. I can say my experience at Hariding has given me a head start.

Posted May 01, 2008

Harding High School 5

Posted November 15, 2007

Posted August 23, 2007

Posted September 19, 2006
i love this school and its not as bad as they say. they have an excellent health magnet program and the IB i guess is great too.

Harding High School 1

Posted October 09, 2005
I am in Harding High Schools Class of 2006 Health Magnet Program, and there is a lot offered to me. I think that urban schools have so many options to keep the students involved however many do not want to stay involved. My class dropped from 368 to 290 in a matter of moving from Junior year to Senior year. No one can discourage you or encourage you if you dont want to be. A broken down building or a brand new one will not make your scores different.

Posted August 31, 2005
I am currently a Junior in the International Baccalaurette Diploma Program at Harding High School. Although there are problems at Harding High School, we must look at all the good this school has to offer before we look at the bad. There are many positive things in school. As far as extra-curricualar activities go, there are many! Including an outstanding Drill Team that has gone to Virginia in the past 2 years and has won 1st place both times. We also have a wonderful Gospel choir who has also travelved down to Virginia and won 1st place in many different catorgories. As for basketball, our team this year went to the FCIAC Championship! I am very proud of this school, especially since the New Principal, Mr. Sanchez, has taken this school under his wing and nutured it. I 'm not saying this school is Perfect becuase God knows its not. Howwever, it has changed a lot and I believe that people should acknowledge the good and promote that before they Talk and complain about the bad. As we say in Harding, 'Lend us a hand and we'll learn how to stand!'

Harding High School 5

Posted August 09, 2005
- a former student
Harding is a very good school. Im graduating Harvard University with a 4.0gpa and thank Harding High School for it's effort in helping me learn the skills it takes to be successful in live. If there was one thing that Harding thought me it is that the only place where success come before work is in a dictionary. I am very glad to have my daughter in this school to follow me in the carrer of Medical Science. I too went to that program and it is very good. And happy to know she is too.

Harding High School 0

Posted July 11, 2005
- a former student
I am thoroughly disappointed at people who say teachers don't care at Harding. Yes, the school needs work. However, there have been great changes in the past year since the new principal took over. Instead of criticizing the school staff & administration, why not get involved & work to change the things that aren't working? That is the difference between urban schools & suburban ones--parental & community involvement & proactive, self-advocating students, parents, and community members.

Harding High School
1734 Central Ave, Bridgeport, CT  06610
Last modified Harding High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 1 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Harding High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 15 reviews. Top