Kolbe Cathedral High School 2

Posted January 28, 2014
This school angers me to no end sometimes. A teacher has called his whole class pathetic for not getting answers right, while another teacher has used foul language towards a student and has not been punished to my knowledge. A student can earn a detention by not wearing a belt too. Also, this school 's summer reading tests are horribly made. The exam expects you to remember the smallest detail, and if you fail you will have to pay an astonishing amount of money to retake it in the summer. And if you fail, you will be held back for something so unimportant. Lastly, the school can get radical at times. One teacher has wasted entire class periods debating on how homosexual people are wrong and the school itself has encouraged students to travel to another state to protest something that does not effect them just for the sake of religion. One teacher has even insulted other religions and atheists. The only positive things I can comment about are the principal and vice principal, a majority of the staff some of the subjects. You can also retake CERTAIN tests too.

Kolbe Cathedral High School 1

Posted November 23, 2013
This school gives special treatment to certain students. This school is a joke would not advise anybody to send their child here

Posted March 03, 2010
I graduated from Kolbe in 1988. Since then I have completed a Bachelors, Masters and am currently working on an advanced degree. In addition I have one daughter who graduated from Kolbe in 2009 who is pursuing higher education. I have another daughter going into Kolbe beginning fall 2010. Kolbe has provided the tools needed to succeed for generations. 'Work Hard and Be Nice!'

Posted September 27, 2008
I just transferred from another catholic high school that is supposed to be so high and mighty and it was not that school was out of control and lacks self discipline and control....Kolbe Cathedral is the school to go to it is strict and it is true what they say it is the place you can go and learn.

Posted January 03, 2007
- a former student
I'm a graduate of KCHS, and since my graduation in 2001, I have obtained a BA in mathematics from Emmanuel College in Boston, MA and currently work in the field of finance in downtown Boston. While attending Kolbe, I played varsity basketball for four years; was a team captain; won a state championship; was named team MVP in 2001; and was voted one of the top 15 players in the SWC. Kolbe is a great school for a student to become disciplined, gain a greater understanding of the Catholic religion, and build substantial relationships with teachers.

Kolbe Cathedral High School 2

Posted August 01, 2005
- a former student
I went to this school for about a quarter. It wasn't that impressive. It doesn't have alot of after school programs, nor does it offer exciting courses. Its just the same old stuff all the time. It was a good school if you look at the test scores and such but it was quite boring. The uniforms were cute, though. I now go to a public school in a different state and i am much more happier here than at that school. The lockers were very cramped and teachers called your house for every little thing that you did. It was annoying.

Posted December 02, 2004
My daughter is curretnly a freshman at Kolbe. I must admit I was somewhat skeptical at first because we are not Catholic. I soon discovered that their goal is for the students to have a love and appreciation for God, not to force a certain demonination. I love the academinc structure of 4 classes, this allows the students to focus and retain more of the material. The staff is always professional and the teachers are exceptional! I am proud that my daughter is a student at Kolbe Cathedral HIgh School.

Posted August 26, 2003

Kolbe Cathedral High School 4

Posted August 26, 2003
Kolbe Cathedral is a wonderful school. It enriches kids both educationally and spiritually. The teachers are great and the disciplinary actions taken are the right ones.

Kolbe Cathedral High School
33 Calhoun Place, Bridgeport, CT  06604
Last modified Kolbe Cathedral High School is a Private school that serves grades 9-12
Kolbe Cathedral High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 9 reviews. Top