Bad
Good

High Horizons Magnet School 1

Posted December 12, 2014
A total joke. The politically correct Bastion that borders on insanity where no learning takes place - a glorified Kindergarten for inner- city troublemakers. The administration is completely clueless and they only pretend they are doing something. They often bully teachers and do not respond when teacher lodges complaint against non-compliant and disobedient students.

Posted April 06, 2014
I'm currently a student in High Horizons. I am in seventh grade and have been here since kindergarden. I absolutely love it here. All the staff actually care about you and help out whenever you need help. Last year, some kids with mental issues came and everyone is nice to them, made friends and this year they are graduating! This school is very challenging but if you need help the teachers will take their own time to help you out. Everyone knows each other so it is a very welcoming and loving place. I recommend this school to all parents looking for a good school for their children.

Posted October 12, 2010
The teachers are awesome. No child fails at HHMS, every effort is made to make sure every child is simply the best by doing their best.

Posted March 30, 2010
High Horizons Magnet School, is such a well challenging school. i love it here. the teaches push you to do well. everyone is very intelligent. if i were you, i would put my child in this wonderful school.

Posted February 04, 2010
My daughter has been going to high horizons since kinder-garden and i absolutely love this school and so does my daughter the principle and the teachers are wonderful, concerned, and fair they love all there children.

Posted February 03, 2009
I'm an eighth grader at High Horizons and I love it! The teachers are frim but fair, and they even let you make corrections to tests. They dont mind if you need extra help during lunch or at school, they actually care about us. The principal believes in us and want us to succeed. We have lost a lot of activites but gained a lot such as Japanese, Honor Choir, Yearbook, Newspaper, and Peer Tutoring. I am going to miss HHMS when i graduate.

Posted January 01, 2009
My children graduated from High Horizons Magnet School. Its extraordinary faculty and mission of excellence are second to none-public or private! 2008 Blue Ribbon Award winner from NCLB.

Posted June 18, 2008
I feel High Horizons Magnet School is wonderful and I'm delighted to have my children there. My daughter has gone to High Horizons since Kindergarten and now she is in sixth grade. My son started Kindergarten and now he is in first grade and with the help of the staff you can't go wrong. All of the teachers there are because they have a passion to teach and a dedication to all these children .. They have a promise to themselves don't give up on these children in need..

Posted January 24, 2007
High Horizons Magnet is a terrific school. Our three children graduated from HHMS and have gone on to great success in high school and prominent colleges. The foundation for future success was laid at High Horizons. The principals, faculty and staff were always helpful. The school IS for average and ABOVE average children. There are strong demands for self-discipline and academic performance. If you want the best for your child, High Horizons Magnet is the proper choice. Over the years, I noticed that the children who had problems were the ones who did not DO the work, not the one who struggled with it. Sometimes a parent might not realize that this school is not like the other Bpt. schools. At High Horizons Magnet, children must work to the best of their ability. What a wonderful school for the parent and child who are willing to accept the challenge.

Posted June 27, 2006
I am absolutely thrilled with the way my daughter is being taught at High Horizons. She is exceptionally happy and thoroughly enjoys the whole learning experience. She came here for kindergarten and now has just completed first grade. I have another daughter who is two years older attending a private school and I can't help comparing their results and curriculum casually. My High Horizons student is learning the same things that my third grader just did!! She can also read really well, as well as her older sister. I am constantly amazed by her progress and the love she has developed for learning. I couldn't be happier with the school as a whole. Top Notch all around. We moved to Bridgeport almost 3 years ago knowing full well that the public schools were not really recommended. It is so well worth applying to one of the three Magnet Schools in Brigeport.

700 Palisade Ave, Bridgeport, CT  06610
Last modified High Horizons Magnet School is a Public school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
High Horizons Magnet School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 20 reviews. Top