Posted August 10, 2011
To the parent posting on 3/24/11---You must be mistaken concerning which school you are evaluating or when this has taken place. In the past 4 years EVERY teacher has attended the ONE open house for adults at the beginning of the year and no staff member/teacher has ever had two baby children. Every teacher has attended both parent conference nights/afternoons in addition to open house and no teacher has ever had their children in the classroom for open house or during class time since my time on staff. I am truly apologetic if this was your experience at another school or in years past but certainly that has not been the case at Richard D. Hubbard school in at least the last 4 years and I can't see the possibility of that happening at all given no staff member has 2 small children.

Richard D. Hubbard School 1

Posted March 24, 2011
The first year my children attended this school, I was quickly unimpressed by the lack of attendance by his teacher on both "Open House" nights. As I went to visit my other child's classroom, I was also dissappointed that her teacher had brought her 2 babies to the classroom- extremely unprofessional. I feel that there is not much dedication, compassion or commitment involved in this setting. My educational standards and culture are not being met by this school. I am extremely dissappointed..

Posted August 11, 2010
Great small, welcoming, personal school where every child is treated as an individual! The whole school is like a family.

Richard D. Hubbard School 0

Posted May 16, 2010
The whole school is like a family, you can feel it when you walk through the door.

Richard D. Hubbard School 0

Posted May 13, 2010
This school really has teachers that care about their students. Even after leaving a grade the teachers still inquire about the student. Almost all the teachers and staff are involved with students on some level, so that school feels like an extended family. The faculty is great at returning calls and keeping in touch. The school is always finding ways to make learning fun and they promote the school so that our children are not deprived of educational or recreational learning and activites even though the economy is in turmoil. Thank you for making sure my daughter knows the only limitations in life are the ones we set for ourselves.

Posted October 14, 2008
Great small elementary school where everyone knows each other!

Richard D. Hubbard School
139 Grove St, East Berlin, CT  06023
Last modified Richard D. Hubbard School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Richard D. Hubbard School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 6 reviews. Top