St. Christopher School

Private | PK-8 | 248 students

Living in East Hartford

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $145,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $970.

Sweep tile

Posted September 19, 2013

When my two girls (5th and 7th grades) started at St Chris they were only spanish speakers. I was worry about their performance, and how they were going to fit in the community. I took my husband and I 4 months to decided the school that fit for our girls was St. Christ. Best decision we could take. It has been a blessing for my family to belong to this community. Strong values, strong teaching, great environment when your kids are loved, cherrished and safe. Ms Madej, the principal, is a strong leader that set the example for students and the staff. Two years later, my girls speak English as any other kid, they got average and above average grades. My oldest daughter started a new High School, eventhough is a good school, she can notice the difference on behavior and on teaching. Her new teachers had told me she is doing great, is one of the best prepared for class students they have. I can not thank enough St Chris for all the caring the have done and keep doing for my girls. I recommend this school to any parent that is serious about his/her kids education, and they want them to growth in moral values, in faith, in knowledge, and in health happiness.

Posted May 24, 2013

My son went there in "K" for many a few months and was asked to leave and did not give us much time at all. Cause he was haveing a hard time sitting still and paying att. So what they did was put in the back room away from other kids for the whole day. They did not try to work with him or us at all. They said we can't help casue we are a privite school. This was over 4 years ago, and would not tell anyone to go to that school.

Posted January 31, 2012

The only reason I gave them one star was because none wasn't an option. In my opinion, this school whould be shut down or there should be a n e staff. There was only one teacher in the whole school that wasn't rude to me. One teacher basically bullied me everyday and made racist comments to the other student. Please don't waist your money! Find a different school!

Posted February 11, 2011

I have had 2 children graduate from St. Chris and 2 still there. All have starteded in Pre K 3 and all will finish there. I can speak from experince that the children that graduate are prepared for High school. My 2 High school children take many honor classes and AP classes and do very well. The school has now added more extracuricular activities. Soccer,Basketball,cross country, cheerleading and track. Along with many clubs yearbook, student council National Junior Honor Society to mention a few. No school is perfect but St. Christophers has been a great fit for my children.

Posted November 11, 2010

iv been going there science pre k an both pre k are all ay every weekk ay also inclue art gym computer and music class. this is my last year my 10th year there. the teachers are great they are there to help and extra help is always availible

Posted April 9, 2010

My sons are in 1st grade. This school offers both moral and educational teaching. I am very happy with my kids education outcome.

Posted October 18, 2009

My children got great educations from St. Christopher School. I went there when I was a child, and I am blessed to have sent my children there

Posted September 19, 2008

I can't believe the past two reviews, they sound like they've collaborated and submitted their bad reviews around the same time. Our experience has been outstanding since our children have been in this school since they were three. As with anything, nothings perfect but St. Chris has been about as good as it gets. The leadership is great and our children have learned to respect their classmates as well as authoritative figures. Truly we are blessed!

Posted May 28, 2008

The school lacks effective leadership and discipline at the present time. The school has always had a very good reputation for academics. Under the present adminstration, problems are rampant in the school.

Posted April 10, 2008

My son attends this school, and does not like it at all he totally despises it. Everyday he comes home complaining about how the teachers dont teach him anything, and he wants to learn.

Posted April 2, 2007

My daughter attends St. Christopher school and she loves it. She had started public school in our area and we had some bad experiences. We decided to take her out and put her in St. Christopher. At St. Christopher the quality of their academic program is outstanding, I notice a big difference between my daughters friends who attend St. Christopher and her friends who attend public school. As far as parent involvement at St. Christopher, you see parents from all grades very involved. Anywhere from helping out in the class rooms to volunteering their time for school fundraiser. The availability of art and music is good. The sports the school has to offer is also just as good as any other private elementary school, the town has more sports programs to offer if you were looking for something more. Over all, my husband and I feel this school is wonderful!

Posted February 28, 2007

It is not so great of a school. The activities are horribe. They only have like 3 sports they need to have a football team and baseball team too.they have a lot of parent involvment. I am a student too. i give the school a three and a half.
—Submitted by a student

Posted August 24, 2006

St. Christophers school is a great school for children of any age. They provide music, computer, art, sports, and other extracurricular activities.
—Submitted by a student

Posted February 7, 2005

When my daughter was about to enter kindergarten six years ago, I visited many schools. As an educator, my standards and expectations were high. I was more than pleased with St Chris' high academic standards, structured environment and faith based environment.I was especially impressed with their technolgy teacher, Mrs. Sharon Walker. Now six years later, I am still pleased and, in fact, joined the staff! I recommend this school to challenge your child to be all that s/he can be both academically and spiritually. Kristie Sargent

Posted December 20, 2004

My children were going to another elementary school and when I had made a surprise visit one day, I was not pleased. I was working as a cafe manager at St. Chris and since I was friendly with most of the staff, I spoke to them and it was an overwhelming support! I was given a grant based on my family's income and I couldn't be happier. My daughter, who felt 'friendless' in the other school, now has a ton of friends and therefore is making more effort in her schoolwork. My son is now in a classroom where people are not standing on desks as I make surprise visits! The discipline and structure as well as the ability of the staff have made this one of the best learning environments I have ever witnessed. Oh, and they don't care if your Catholic or not.

Asian 0% N/A
Hawaiian Native/Pacific Islander 0% N/A
Two or more races 0% N/A
Source: NCES, 2009-2010

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

• Coed
Affiliation
  • Roman catholic
Associations
  • NCEA
Fax number
  • (860) 568-1070

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious

• Computer lab
  • Library
Partnerships with local resources and organizations
  • Archdiocese of Hartford