PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

Posted January 05, 2016
I love the teachers & the academics.. It's a safe environment and I am very pleased with my daughter's social skills and learning is better then New haven public schools

Posted January 27, 2014
I support this school 100%! I have 2 children in this school for 8 years now. The teachers are amazing. They really get to know the kids both personally and academically. They truly go the extra mile for these kids and always have their best interest at heart. The classes are small making it easy for teachers to give the kids the attention they deserve. The only thing I would like to see improve is parent involvement. There are a lot of fun activities planned but little volunteer help.

St Vincent De Paul School 3

Posted January 22, 2014
This school is average. I thought I was going to get a better education for my kids but they just not doing it . Next year I am looking for a public school in New haven -Worthington. This school is to expensive and they ask for too much donations. Parent of two students.

St Vincent De Paul School 2

Posted April 02, 2013
My two children are currently enrolled on there third year. What a mistake! Next year St. Mary's for sure...this school is lacking in many different areas, to much to list. There is no leadership in this school period, they love to pass the buck.

Posted September 28, 2009
As a parent of 2 former students the school is over priced and severly lacking in math and english skills; kids will struggle at college-prep schools. Safe & cozy environment does not make up subpar academics.

Posted September 19, 2009
My son is on his 4th year in St. Vincent's and I am extremely pleased with the academic and personal growth he is achieving! The teachers are dedicated, intelligent and take the time to assist every student on an 'as needed' basis. I think the tuition is reasonable when comparing to other private schools in the county. I will keep my child here until he completes 8th grade! The parents are committed as well. It is a very close knit, trustworthy school community and I would highly recommend it to anyone wanting their child to have excellent educational and spiritual growth!

Posted August 22, 2009
I am a parent of a graduate and a current student. I strongly stand by this school. When my son graduated, he attend a private Catholic high school and was completely parpared in every area. As a freshman he started off in level 2 classes but, was so parpared he should have been in honors classes. He then advanced to honors classes. As a junior they were learing material that he already learned in 8th grade at St. Vincents. The teachers at St. Vincent's are so dedicated to the students and their teaching skills are superior. If your child is having and type of difficulty, the parent is informed immediately. The tuition is reasonable and I would pay any amount before I send my children to the East Haven public schools.

St Vincent De Paul School 4

Posted March 14, 2009
My daughter has attended this school for 8 years and she loves it. She has one of the largest classes in the school, but is never over looked or deprived of attention. The children are kind, respectful, and polite. They all get along well. The teachers she has had are wonderful, caring,educators. They are dedicated to the school and our children. She is being well prepared for highschool, learning to take notes, study, and overall responsibility for her own work. I feel the tuition is comparable to other catholic schools in the areas and well worth it, compared the lacking public schools in East Haven. The school families are friendly and generous in their time and efforts to keep the school thriving. This school would not be what it is without its wonderful staff and parents. I would recommend this school to every I know.

Posted January 02, 2009
the scool is lacking in academic education and some teachers should not be teaching esp in the younger grades.they have no idea how to handle and teach these kids properly.

Posted December 25, 2008
Excellent school! Excellent preparation for High School. This school teaches excellent study skills and makes the transition to high school a breeze. Excellent teachers-excellent curriculum. This school if far superior than East Haven public schools. The parents that enroll their children in this school play an active part in their child's education. The school is worth the tuition paid to attend this quality school.

35 Bishop Street, East Haven, CT  06512
Last modified St Vincent De Paul School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8