John F. Kennedy Middle School 1

Posted August 22, 2013
This school has a problem with staff bullying to a child with disabilities and the school not doing anything about it. On top of this they make choices about your child without you involved. I would not recommend this whole town for any special needs child. They lie about what goes on behind closed doors and because your child is a special needs child they seem to be able to get away with it.

John F. Kennedy Middle School 3

Posted July 29, 2013
john f. kennedy middle school in enfield connecticut 06082 it is a great school most of the time

Posted June 04, 2013
JFK has just been selected for a national award...one of the top six nationwide for middle school! On June 24th six of our students will accompany teachers and administrators to the Bonstingl National Conference to be awarded this prestigious award. JFK has a dedicated staff who are succeeding in presenting solid, creative, and technologically advanced lessons to prepare each student for their success in the high school as a lifelong learner and compassionate citizen. We rock and are always looking for ways to improve!

John F. Kennedy Middle School 4

Posted April 25, 2011
Kennedy Middle School is the community's rising star. Teachers exhibit quality and care for the students. Parents are encouraged to take part in their child's experiences in such a critical stage of adolescence. HOWEVER, I do feel that the town does an injustice to its students and children in cramming 6th, 7th, and 8th graders in a small, outdated facility. Ideally, this this town should have TWO middle schools and one high school, not the opposite, current dynamic). Our school system is the only one with its current unusual setup, though it seems that this situation is changing with reorganization. Anyway, my children had a wonderful experience at Kennedy and became great scholars! Like many of our school facilities, Kennedy also needs a total gut and renovation (or addition if the town chooses to remain with one middle school). Principal leadership was strong and with direction. Like many middle schools, there are instances of cliques and social class standing within the student body. Overall, I can only talk about my experiences with this school, but keep in mind that the community is going through lots of changes.

John F. Kennedy Middle School 2

Posted April 12, 2010
First of all there is alot of rascism at this school. Students are always making rascist jokes about certain groups or religions Also, we don't really see alot of our principal which means he isn't that involved with us directly. I was a new student and came during half of the seventh grade and it took me a year and a half to finally meet him. Also, the school is lacking in funding which means that we don't really get to go on field trips and we're pretty behind in technology. The teaching is okay, it isn't horrible but it definetely isn't great. It seems like some of the teachers are just there to get paid and don't really care about us. The lunch is good though. There's been alot of bad incidents such as people bringing knives and bebe guns to school. People smoke pot and do drugs on campus.

Posted February 03, 2010
John F. Kennedy Middle School is one academic community that won't disappoint! I had two children go through the school and through Enfield High School, one of which is now at Brown University. The learning environment is highly professional and the teachers all work together for the benefit of forming a highly concentrated, comprehensive, and advanced curriculum for the students. It's PSAT and CMT scores show that the school works hard to make sure the children obtain a top notch education superior to those in neighboring communities. It also fosters an integrative sports program and a huge variety of extracurricular activities fit for all types of personalities! I can't stop raving about this school. My children, now adults, have benefited greatly from the Enfield School System and its public schools.

Posted January 09, 2010

John F. Kennedy Middle School 4

Posted September 07, 2009
Great School! My daughter had a good experience both years. I think all the talk your hear about JFK is just talk.

Posted June 05, 2009

Posted April 21, 2009
This school is great! you wanna get the barnes team.... Mr barnes rox. Mr martin is soso... Dont kno abut the others... But other than that, its great!!! after skool is great too! enjoy jfk, the jail for kids

John F. Kennedy Middle School
155 Raffia Rd, Enfield, CT  06082
Last modified John F. Kennedy Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
John F. Kennedy Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 18 reviews. Top