Glastonbury, CT

Naubuc School 4

Posted February 24, 2014
Naubuc is a wonderful school with caring teachers and high standards. I have sent three children through the system and I am very pleased with their education.

Posted January 03, 2014
Looking back on my time at Naubuc School, I can definitely say this school is underrated. North Glastonbury is often considered, "The ghetto" because there is low income housing near by. When I saw it was only a six I was extremely surprised. Both my brother and I have ADD and are very strong in math. Naubuc provided support we never got again. During our time there, we were both a part of the PACE and CML programs. Along with that, every month the PACE/CML teacher would come in and do a science lab with each class. It's what I accredit my love of science to. The teachers have no problem challenging the students, but the students have to say something! This is what could be improved on, but it also prepares students for Middle and High School. Not only did we learn academic skills, we also learned manners. There are many things, like covering my mouth when I yawn, or keeping eye contact when talking to them no matter what, that I wouldn't have learned otherwise. There is a strong community here and awkward, shy me was never excluded, so people rarely are. They do have open classrooms, which is a bit of a downside, but now I can multitask and don't need complete silence to focus.

Posted July 09, 2013
After having kids at this school since 2003 and still there - I can say the experience has been positive! The diversity of the school prepares your child for the "real" world and the staff and PTO are the best! Having been a room parent more than once, I can speak for the parents being very involved as well.

Naubuc School 2

Posted August 07, 2012
Not very good for special education. The staff was not educated very well with autism, sadly to say. We had to exhaust our means there to finally find the help our child needed. The teacher my child had was ready for retirement and made no attempt to understand the disability.

Posted September 16, 2009
Naubuc has the best teachers. Out of all the schools my children have gone to Naubuc is by far the best! They have such caaring teachers, who are there for th children. Its more then just a job to them!

Posted September 16, 2009
The teachers are excellent, the curriculum in outstanding and the support of the administration is top notch! Could not be happier!

Posted September 01, 2009
Best school in the system. Lowest student/teacher ratio. Most extra help. The biggest pto. Recognized nationally as as an academic school of excellence. Over 31 different languages spoken. Most High school honor students come from here

Posted March 17, 2009
This is a fabulous school! My child has attended Naubuc school since Kindergarten. His academic progress is phenomenal. The teachers are nurturing, caring and completely committed to the children's success. I also love the fact that the school's population is so diverse! Over 20 different languages are spoken by the students at Naubuc. What a wonderful way for children to be educated to succeed in a truly global economy! Our child attended a private preschool and I had my concerns about sending him to public school, but I can say without doubt that Naubuc has met and even exceeded our expectations for our child's education. I am confident that he will be very successful in life, based in part on the great education he's receiving at Naubuc

Posted July 25, 2008
An over all wonderful educational experience for my son.. I look forward to my daughter being part of the community at this school.

Posted August 11, 2007
Year 2007/2008 will be our second year at Naubuc School. When my son came to this school he was below grade level, with in a year my son achieved grade level. This was possible because the teachers and the Principal are dedicated and carrying. The faculty at Naubuc School have one thing in common, the success of their students. If a child is not achieving their full potential they will make sure to put every resources that is necessary in place so this child won't fall between the cracks. I love Naubuc School and would not change it. The Principal and Teachers are special people. There are lots of programs in place to give our children the support they need to become assets to our society. Thank you Naubuc Staff.

Naubuc School
84 Griswold St, Glastonbury, CT  06033
Last modified Naubuc School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Naubuc School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 10 reviews. Top