Hamden, CT

Posted October 28, 2014
I've attended West Woods for several years and although we've had multiple teachers for some subjects over the years, we've still managed to get the education we need. Whether it's been through extra help from teachers, practicing at home, or even asking another student, I've always bee able to figure out what's going on. I think West Woods is much more focused on the spiritual aspect of adolescent life, rather than the academic or athletic, which I hope you'll agree is so much more important. Though all schools have their ups and downs, I'm proud to be a representative of West Woods Christian Academy.

West Woods Christian Academy 1

Posted February 28, 2010

Posted October 07, 2008
My daughter has attended West Woods for several years, we both love this school. She by far exceeds my friends children who attend public school in all areas of education, respect, and religious beliefs. I would definitely recommend this school to anyone looking.

West Woods Christian Academy 0

Posted June 09, 2008
My niece goes to West Woods. She is 1 and 1/2 years ahead of public schools. She also has a newfound interest in the Lord. She now reads the bible to me and says her prayers because she wants to-not because she is told to. The classrooms are small. The children get individual attention.

West Woods Christian Academy 4

Posted March 20, 2006
The comment of December 2005 is inaccurate and misinformed. I would be surprised if any parent at WWCA even recorded it.The fact is about 90% of graduates from WWCA attend and graduate from college.We have three children who have attended WWCA.Both nationally standardized tests and SAT tests reveal a consistent excellence in academics at every grade level. English courses are taught in a traditional classroom by a teacher who holds a Bachelor's degree in English.(self paced, supervised instructional packets have been successfully used in past years)Our children have enjoyed challenging and successful involvement in extracurricular activities.Great schools.com, by its own policy does not check accuracy of comments. The December 2005 comment is inaccurate and can't be left unanswered.

West Woods Christian Academy 1

Posted December 10, 2005
- a former student
Very poor education with low % of students who go on to college/higher education. Administration ensures rigid focus on their viewpoints of Christianity and lets the academics slide. Positive points are the various sports activities. While not overly competitive, it does allow for any interested students to get on teams and compete.

Posted September 13, 2004
I am extremely pleased with West Woods Christian Academy. All teachers and faculty are professing Christians and want the best for the children. Everyone works together at this school to make sure all goes smoothly. I would recommend this school to anyone interested. I pulled my children out of public schools because of my religious beliefs and this school agrees with all that I do. My children and I have been greatly blessed by God that they can attend here. If you are thinking about a Christian school call today and request some time for a walk thru. You won't regret it. Not only do they teach Biblically but the class size for each of my 3 children isn't over 11 (compare that to the usual 25 to 30 in public schools). Because of the small class size and extra attention my children have excelled in all areas

West Woods Christian Academy 4

Posted August 22, 2003
- a former student

West Woods Christian Academy
2105 State Street, Hamden, CT  06517
Last modified West Woods Christian Academy is a Private school that serves grades K-12
West Woods Christian Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 8 reviews. Top