St Augustine School 1

Posted September 27, 2013
I am a eight grader who does not like the school do to the fact that they fire many people or they sudenly (spelled it wrong maybe I don't care) leave the school I have been going there since kindergarden and the school got more poor in 2006 there were good feild trips and fun actives to do field day is the same now every year since I was in sixth the principle is rude and doesn't understand students they have low staff so they have to combine classes I am forced to sign contracts or I will get a bad grade in band the student council president is voted by teachers favortism not how nice or smart the person just by how popular you the school only has one sport which is basket ball there is a lot of bullying in the school in which the teachers see but don't do anything about in all don't try to send you child here

St Augustine School 2

Posted August 25, 2013
St Augustine school was my school in #### (can't tell what year) in this school they say bad words and mean things, all the teacher are nice and theres no bullying (sometings). All the students atleast 4 to 8 talk about dating and kissing mostly 4 and 5. but it is a great school. The students are not rude to visitors and the education of you students are very good so i would say this is a OK school and i would like to inprove more education and less money.I heard that there cleaning the window yes.

St Augustine School 5

Posted November 14, 2010
St. Augustine School has been a mainstay fixture in Hartford for K-8 education since 1927. The principal, teachers and support staff are all extremely dedicated to the children that attend. St. Augustine Alumni are very supportive and continue to donate their time, money and other support to continue the fine traditions that have existed for so many years. Enrollment and parental involvement continue to be problems. It takes more than simply bringing your child to school and paying the tuition. All parents need to become more actively involved in their child's education experience. This school could (and should) thrive........spread the word, get involved, show the community and the children how much we care! Parents, spread the word, have people come and visit the school, meet the principal, enroll their child.........this wonderful school needs to remain what it has been in the past, an important stepping stone in the education of the future leaders of our community.

St Augustine School 5

Posted March 17, 2010
I love this school because it's a school that won't let you down....

St Augustine School 1

Posted March 01, 2010
I recently pulled my child out of Saint Augustine School in Hartford, CT and put the child in a semi suburban public school to find out he was more than a full year behind his grade level in everything when he was skating threw grades at St. Augustine. I would not recommend the school for anything other that shutting down.

Posted March 18, 2009
It's taken a little time, but the school is a much happier place. My kids love the new principal because she pays attention to them and treats them with respect. She comes in early and stays late to talk to parents and her door is always open. The PTO is doing fun things again like the basketball tourneyment, and if more parents help, everyone will benefit. Us parents need to pay our tuition on time so our school will get better.

Posted October 31, 2008

St Augustine School 0

Posted October 15, 2008
For the parent that posted saturday october 11,2008. I want to meantion, first off all the principal is not a nice or understanding principal. Never there to see the children go up to their classrooms. Never has the time to meet one on one conference with the parent regarding any problem with the child. Always have a attitude with parents when ask to see her for 5 minutes. Second people that works there are rude, front desk are always with attitude, they treat you like Dirt. Nobody there knows how to treat parent with respect and honestly. Third no nurse fulltime. When your child gets hurt or has to give them medication are the teachers allow and certified to give the right medication to the children in need. Talk about raising money they should start by using the money tuition for fixing the windows and also inside of the school.

St Augustine School 0

Posted October 11, 2008
I'm a bit dissappointed in some of the parents and students poor reviews of this school I attened Saint Augustine's from 1-8 grade -- number one this school is not meant for your kids to excel in extra cirrcular activities ie basketball, baseball they are thre to learn and maybe if you actually took the time to go to a PTO and suggest ways that the school could earn money for these etras you seem to think your kids need instead of fobbing them off things would be different and I support this school by donating time and money Do any of you?????? other then maybe paying your tuition??? A school can only be as good if it has the resources it needs to perform and as for the person who says the kids here are rude maybe you were the rude one first A former student

Posted June 06, 2008
I don't believe any school is excellent. Everyone place has it's flaws. I believe that the staff is doing the best they can with the resources they have. Not all the parents, me included, pay our tuition on time, some not at all. This is a private school struggeling to pay the faculty yet they do not turn their backs on the families they see are committed to the children. I wish they had a better sports program, I wish they had better desk, floors, walls, newer books, etc but the truth of the matter is that they are doing above expectation for me and with what they have. I believe their are some faculty there that can use some MI training (motivational interviewing), I also believe that they can use some other types of training like drug&sex education and the like. I am hopeful to send my kids back!

St Augustine School