Bad
Good

The school has improved so much since my daughter started there in the Apple program ( which they no longer have ) the staff are very good and work hard on making sure each and every student is successful in the future I'll be very sad when my kids leave this year due to us moving

John Barry Elementary school is a beautiful school with a caring staff. My children love their teachers and their principal. The guidance counselor is wonderful as is the new secretary that was recently hired. I look forward to more events from the school. Since the new principal came on board there has been more PTO related events. My children really enjoyed a multicultural day that was a huge hit! Looking forward to this coming school year.

This school has to be the worst school I've ever seen. My children previously attended a school in another town and will be at John Barry until the end of the year. Most children in this school are misbehaved (probably due to parents not disciplining them). The teachers have to be a little harder because the way most children act. The principle is new and I've heard some off things about her. Personally from my own experience (not going in to detail) she is not a good fit and should not be the leader of a school with so many issues. If your child has other options to attend a different school I would go with the alternative.

I love this school. There isn't another place in Meriden like it. The teachers are absolutely the best. They care for every student. My child comes home happy every day! Thank you!

I love this school. the reading program it has and the staff are terrific. my daughter could read in kindergarden. very impressive

I think this is a good school because they give thte students all the help they need and the teachers and other staff are really kind to the students. This is what I think about John Barry School.

Last modified John Barry School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.