9-12|Private

Bad
Good

Posted July 15, 2015
Faculty and administration are exceptional at Lauralton —dedicated to working together to create a nurturing environment for the students that balances freedom with responsibility, challenging academics with spiritual growth and traditional values with cutting edge curriculum. An amazing education that will last a lifetime.

Posted September 22, 2014
Now that I have graduated Lauralton, I am so grateful for my education. I am a sophomore at a selective college and can confidently say that the LH workload prepared me for my college classes. There was a lot of homework and projects, but it really modeled a college setting. While many of my friends struggle to balance their schoolwork and social obligations, I adjusted well to my new schedule. I was surprised to learn that many of my classmates had never written a formal research paper, but I was well-prepared because of all the writing I did at LH. Moreover, I am confident in my abilities and classes because Lauralton stressed that we were all capable of succeeding. I can truly say that my Lauralton education has made college seem easy in comparison. However, if you are not a motivated student or you have trouble managing your time, I think Lauralton would be a difficult school. There is a lot expected of students and so many things to get involved in that it requires a lot of discipline at home to get the work done. All in all, I wholeheartedly recommend this school to anyone looking for a challenging yet rewarding high school experience.

Academy Of Our Lady Of Mercy - Lauralton Hall 4

Posted January 22, 2014
Lauralton Hall is an academically challenging school. The girls,who travel in from areas such as Fairfield, Westport, Stamford, Branford, Trumble, Easton, Redding to name only a few, and, many of whom are not catholic, work very hard to earn their grades. This can seem unfair when colleges are not aware of the grade depression and girls who leave due to low averages, i.e. "C", report "A" averages after a semester in their local Blue Ribbon HS. While the girls are extremely well prepared for college, one wonders if the grading is not overly conservative. Especially since colleges may not be aware of this. Comparing schools anecdotally with several parents of D's friends who go to Hopkins, there is very little difference in academic load and parents with children at both Lauralton and Fairfield Prep report Lauralton being much more rigorous and conservative with regard to grading policy. Also, while Public schools waiver students into APs, Lauralton does not. The school could market itself more aggressively to more top tier colleges on this basis and more confidently push students to apply to these schools. Small discussion based classes, double period schedule, no bells.

Academy Of Our Lady Of Mercy - Lauralton Hall 2

Posted June 11, 2012
Graduated 2 years ago in 2010 . I wouldn't send my daughter there if I had one and I wouldn't suggest anyone else either.The girl power movement is overkill. For 4 years i grew to hate the male gender based on the schools philosophy.I came out feeling very frigid and my first yr of college was very difficult to adjust. While there most of my friends were abusing some kinda of get high substance, don't be misled by the uniform. I did notice the minority make up was very small about 10-12 girls out of 400+ Don't know if not accepted or $ issue.The school is strict about everything.They give an impression that they are caring, but $$s is Numero Uno with them.If I could do it again i would go to Sacred Heart .

Posted June 14, 2010
I had 3 daughters graduate from Lauralton Hall. Each had very different strengths and weaknesses; from over-achiever, to learning issues, to athlete. Lauralton was able to meet and exceed all of their needs. The least educationally-competitve of my daughters went on to graduate from a top university with honors, and even she attributed her success to Lauralton's strong education. "Mom, I was amazed to find other college Freshman who couldn't write a literate paper. Lauralton taught us how to think, and write." The faculty is committed, caring, and second to none. The girls loved the environment and developed friendships that they carry today. My daughters are now confident, educated adult women and we credit Lauralton for the building blocks!

Posted March 04, 2009
Although there are several private schools to choose from in the area Lauralton Hall and Fairfield Prep are the best. Lauralton Hall for girls and Fairfield Prep for boys have high expectations with regards to education, and ethical and moral behavior. The students are offerred a top notch education and they also suprisingly enough have fun. (Age appropriate) They do not promote personal relations, like other schools in the area, they are the Girls and Guys that are a commodity due to the focus on their future and lives. (not personal relations lives.) Parents would do well to select this type of environment rather then co-ed. Students learn to focus on theirselves rather then their relationships and this is truly a very faith based school.

Posted September 04, 2008
Lauralton is the best place for a young woman to get an education. The atmosphere is just fantastic and though it has its problems, the feeling of belonging there outweighs all of that. The academics are treated very seriously and I have become a more intelligent, more independent, and more confident girl for having attended.

Posted June 04, 2008
i am a student and i love the school. it is a setting based for schooling and learning and that is what you get. There are no boys to distract you and the classes are extremly benificial.

Academy Of Our Lady Of Mercy - Lauralton Hall 1

Posted January 17, 2008
I have had a very hard time getting help from the staff, and or guidance department to help with issues during the school year

Academy Of Our Lady Of Mercy - Lauralton Hall 4

Posted February 23, 2004
My daughter, Samantha, is a sophomore at Lauralton Hall and I have always heard great stories about school since her first day at Lauralton during freshmen year. Lauralton has a nice, quiet atmosphere and great teachers! There are different sports teams and clubs that will suit any girl's taste. It is definitely a great school with students of much character and class!

Academy Of Our Lady Of Mercy - Lauralton Hall
200 High Street, Milford, CT  06460
Last modified Academy Of Our Lady Of Mercy - Lauralton Hall is a Private school that serves grades 9-12