PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

St Francis-St Hedwig School 2

Posted January 28, 2013
I wish there were better alternatives private schools in town or nearby. As a result I felt as if I was forced me to keep my child at Stfrancis -St Hedwig way longer than I should have & I'm sorry that I did. I pray & hope that other parents don't make the same mistakes. The lower grades were ok but starting middle school you'll realize its a waste of your hard earned dollars. There is a lack of leadership & the teachers aren't pleasant at all. My child came home & said "mom, it's a shame how these teachers treat some students yet they talk about being a Christian school". When you address issues with the principal, priest even the archdiocese, nothing gets done. If you think you won't find any bullying because it's private, wrong & there's no laws against bullying in private schools to protect your children. As my child said "even the teachers are bullies". Looking at their standardized tests, they do poorly. Forget extra curricular activities, not only do you have to pay extra, there's no consistency in staff. Athletics is a joke. They never have coaches & if they manage to get one, it's someone inexperienced & it shows during games. Save your child, avoid this school!

Posted July 17, 2010
My daughter attended St Francis 6 - 8 grades and loved it!! She went to a small public school previously but enjoyed SFS much more. The teachers and the principal Mr. Fuller are wonderful. My daughter went on to Choate Rosemary Hall and is doing incredible. Thank you St Francis!!

St Francis-St Hedwig School

Posted December 06, 2009
Staff at St. Francis of Assisi School are great, dedicated and caring toward my daughter and also my son last year. It is worth every dollar and any donations from the community. I am so happy my children had the opportunity to attend there with a great Principal and 7th and 8th grade staff and pastor.

Posted April 12, 2009
As a fromer student while attending I thought that school would never prepare us for the tasks ahead, I went to a private highschool before going to naugatuck high and st francis is much better then the naugatuck school system. I was amazed at how far ahead i was to the naugatuck educated student. While every one can complain about the staff they are there for all the students and they know they students much better then a public school system. The building does need some improvement but most all the schools that i have ever attented also need updating. If I do have children i would strongly consider St. Franics

Posted February 07, 2008
St. Francis is a diamond in the rough. If you can look past the cosmetic issues you will find a principal, faculty and staff that give their all for our children. The quality of education is exceptional. The parents who devote countless hours supporting the school need to be commended as well. St. Francis is a bargain at twice the price.

Posted February 06, 2008
Great education - great principal.

Posted January 06, 2008
My two children have been at St.Francis School for many years. The school teaches the children about Christ and faith.The children pray each morning with the priest (in public schools they don't) Every Friday's the children pray the rosary. I am overall satisfied with SFS and the teachers are understanding and listen to the students and teach the children the catholic faith. I would strongly reccomend SFS for any parents looking for a catholic school.

Posted August 22, 2007
My child attends Saint Francis. Overall I am very happy with the quality of the education and the dedication of the teachers. The building needs some work but I feel changes are being made to work with what they have. I am very happy with the decision to send my children here.

Posted September 02, 2006
I feel that this school is one of the best compared to the neighboring schools in the area. I would send my own children to this school because the teachers are extremely dedicated individuals. They love to teach and show enthusiasm in everything they do. They also help each other through sharing resources and meeting frequently to address continuity issues. The administration truly cares about each student and through kindness, patience, and understanding, can guide the children to follow in the footsteps of Christ.

St Francis-St Hedwig School 3

Posted June 27, 2006
After three years of high school following 9 years of SFS, I must say SFS was an interesting experience. I have found that religion and church means more to me now than during my time there. Unfortunately, most of the great upper grade teachers have left the school (ie Mr Koba, Mrs Geary, etc) and the stability of the administration leaves something to be desired. The fact is the school does not seem to have the support of the parish, which forces a lack of acceptable standards at the school. A few years here, wonderful. A lifetime, not so great.

St Francis-St Hedwig School
294 Church Street, Naugatuck, CT  06770
Last modified St Francis-St Hedwig School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8