Posted April 27, 2010
I have two children at this school. I am planning on leaving Naugatuck but decided to wait until my childred are out of Prospect Street School. This school is the best elementary school in Naugatuck. I've heard complaints from other parents about other elementary schools, but never Prospect Street School. If they close PSS, it'll be the biggest mistake ever. Just because it's the smallest school doesn't give them the right to close it. Close Maple Hill School!!!! All I hear are complaints after complaints from parents about this school. I don't know this school but I hear what parents say....Please don't close PSS....it's too good of a school to close.

Posted May 16, 2007
This is my son's first year here at Prospect Street School. We love it and so does he. He is in Kindergarten. His teacher is Mrs. Mehr and she is absolutely wonderful. She sincerely cares about the children. You can tell she enjoys what she does. She is a positive role model and is a perfect example of what a teacher should be. He is independently reading on a 1st grade level and enjoys it.

Hop Brook Elementary School 4

Posted May 12, 2007
Prospect Street School is wonderful. Their teachers are go out of their way for our children. Mr Remillard is an asset to the school. He keeps me up to date with my child's progress. He is very helpful and answers all of my questions in great detail. For the past three years my experience has been great. Including a bullying issue was resolved quickly.

Hop Brook Elementary School 4

Posted April 30, 2007
This is an excellent school . Great principal, knowledgeable and helpful teachers. Teachers really work hard to make sure every kids' needs are met. They also have an excellent art and music dept. And you are right about Ms. Jones!

Posted October 19, 2006
As parents, we love everything about this school! The principal is a top notch leader who not only respects parents, but students, too. The teachers are highly educated and we are impressed with the academic program. We are proud to say that our kids are reading at least 1-2 grade levels ahead, due to their push for reading, both at school and at home. Most importantly, our children love this school and are eager to go to school each day and come home happy every afternoon. This is a wonderful environment for kids to start their educational career and they are given a solid foundation for future successes.

Posted October 07, 2005
My son went to this school last year and he did great although he had some behavior problems due to medical issues but the staff was very helpful and understaning my son needs. The teacher my son had he loved her. Thank You Ms.jones.

Hop Brook Elementary School
75 Crown St, Naugatuck, CT  06770
Last modified Hop Brook Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-4. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Hop Brook Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 6 reviews. Top