New Britain, CT

Posted July 05, 2013
I went to this school from the Nursery Program right up to 8th grade. I am now going to a public high school and am one of the top students. This school was my home for many years, and is full of loving, caring staff who's sole purpose is to help us succeed. I learned so much from the St Matt's family, and even though it is small, I had no trouble transferring to the most populous and one of the most notorious high schools. I was thoroughly prepared, and encourage more parents to send their children here. It's a secret treasure of New Britain. (I was even being taught at higher levels than New Britain's alleged "smart" schools) Really, I don't know where I would be without St Matt's.

Posted May 06, 2011
This is a wonderful school. My son is in their preschool program, we live in Middletown and I drive all the way to New Britain so he can go here. The principal is amazing, it is a small school but he knows every kids name. The teachers are very dedicated and caring. Since it is a private school there is no official lunchroom and there is no outside playground, however the level of education at this school more than makes up for these couple of things. The music program is wonderful, there are many musicals that all the children participate in and although it is a religious school they give equal attention to the academics as well. I wish it was closer because it really is an ideal school.

Posted May 28, 2009
The best school ever. My two kids went to St. Mathews from nursery to 5th grade. My kids and I are very happy with the school and education and my kids want to be little again just to go to that school.

Posted May 31, 2008
I've had three children in this school and all loved it. The small class sizes and caring teachers really made a difference. They don't have much for extracurricular activities, but all three of my kids (one with learning difficulties) received a solid education in the basics and have excelled in middle school. The teachers were able to give a lot of one-on-one attention. They received more art, computer and PE instruction than they do in their middle school, and the music program was excellent. I would highly recommend it.

Posted November 20, 2007
My Son has aspergers and with smaller class sizes it works great for him. The kids are closer to each other rather then nearby public schools. Great programs love the music program.

Posted March 16, 2007
I love this school! I find that the teachers are caring and nurturing, the academics are great and the school as a whole is a great community! There are art programs, a terrific music teacher, computers and gym classes as well as chapel weekly. I would recommend this school to anyone.

Posted March 12, 2007
- a former student
I think this is a great school for children. The children are highly educated and put in a nuturing environment, with great teachers along side them to help them grow and learn into a smart young child. I have gone there from K-5 and now am over achieving in middleschool. The teachers are smart and have great social skills. And because it is so small, all the children are friends and play together nicely. Overall it is a good choice for your child.

St. Matthews Lutheran School 1

Posted September 18, 2006
We were disappointed with this school. When I first went to visit the school, my son's teacher was very warm and inviting. As the school year went on, I found out through my son and another parent that the teacher was yelling at the kids every day and being very negative. I would say, don't waste your money at this school-many of the teachers are very mean to the children.

St. Matthews Lutheran School 3

Posted May 26, 2004

St. Matthews Lutheran School
87 Franklin Square, New Britain, CT  06051
Last modified St. Matthews Lutheran School is a Private school that serves grades PK-6
St. Matthews Lutheran School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 9 reviews. Top