New Britain, CT

Roosevelt Middle School 3

Posted January 25, 2012
As a substitute teacher, I have observed several classes from 6-8th grade over a three month span. Teacher/parent collaboration is more important and essential than ever. Parents need to know that Teachers need their support more than ever and that the foundation of the home is the most important component in a child's life.

Posted February 27, 2009
i love the way the way the school acts you have nice students what i don't like is the uniforms this school should get more money for students this school is poor you need money to spend on the kids!

Posted April 09, 2008
Horrible! Can't wait for my child to graduate. The new principle thought she would make changes for the better and the school is worse. I have never heard a bunch of kids talk to faculty the way they do and just get away with it. Horrible!

Roosevelt Middle School 5

Posted September 27, 2006
I am a student who attended Roosevelt Middle School and many of the students who are in my class of E.C. Goodwin don't know many of the things that I know and I would like to congratulate the faculty, teacher, and school itself for doing a great job in teaching..... Thank You!!!!

Roosevelt Middle School 2

Posted January 06, 2006
I have a daughter in 8th grade and,I have to say that I can't wait for my daughter to graduate. Just recently I had an arguement with one of the staff members because they were taking my daughter out of her math class(which she alredy struggles in) and placing her in spanish. Spanish class happens to be important to the both of us but her academic classes concern me a lot more.

Roosevelt Middle School 2

Posted March 14, 2005
I have a child here in the 7th grade. Overall, she is a good student. Always had great grades and never in any problems. This is the first year ever that she has had a problem with her grades. The school frequently has substitute teachers and I have found that the teachers are quick to throw blame around as to why the kids are not doing well. Too many disruptive kids in class, class sizes are too big, etc are just some of the excuses. Frankly, I find that part of the problem is the lack of follow up on behalf of the teachers. Missing assignments due to absence are the kids responsibility. We as parents find out there are missing assignments when they are in danger of failing a class. Much too late. I am currently looking to move my child from the NB school system.

Posted February 24, 2004
I had children of my own who went to this school and I found it was a good school. Now I have a grandchild going to the same school, what can I say. Is this a great school or what. Keep up the good work faculty members. In three more years I will have another grandchild going there.

40 Goodwin St, New Britain, CT  06051
Last modified Roosevelt Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 1 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Roosevelt Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top