Norwalk, CT

Posted October 28, 2013
I have two girls in Marvin right now....both my girls were lucky enough to go through pre-k at Marvin and are still there today in older grades! We love Marvin and have really found a family there for our children! We love the diversity in a safe setting and a great neighborhood! We are currently Looking for a bigger place to live and although I know they are young and they will adjust staying in the Marvin school district is really a high priority on our list of potential places to live!! Caring loving teachers and excellent academics!!!

Posted April 24, 2010
I have 5 children that went through this school and it is a very nice school for children . The teachers are good and its in a good area where your children are safe . The way the teachers teach at this school all of my children so far have been on honor rolls in the schools that they have went onto after and its all due to the learning skills they have gotton at a young age at this school so I think they deserve to win this money I know they will use it to add to new things for the children at the school .

Posted March 25, 2010
Very diverse school with excellent teachers but iffy admin. Too many movies on rain or cold days in lieu of recess.

Posted October 04, 2009
The staff is caring and quite experienced in educating the children!

Posted October 04, 2009
Friendly atmosphere, highly involved teachers, nice variety of family backgrounds.

Posted October 03, 2009
I am voting for Marvin Elementary School because the teachers and administrators go above and beyond their jobs to make the most of everyday for each and every child at Marvin! I am so impressed with the dedication of all the staff at Marvin School and each one truly cares about the children and their education! I feel Marvin deserves to win this prize, as they will make the most of each dollar won to better educate the children!

Marvin Elementary School 4

Posted June 30, 2008
My daughter will be entering 3rd grade at Marvin in the 08-09 year. She absolutely loves the school and all of her teachers so far, so much so that she cried at the end of the year. My younger daughter is entering Kindergarten this year and I have no worries about sending her to Marvin.

Posted April 25, 2007
I have 2 children who both went to Marvin and we have loved it! My youngest is in 5th grade this year and we will really miss the school and the wonderful teachers next year. I can never understand why families in the district chose not to send their kids to Marvin....they are missing out on a great school, administration, faculty, kids, and families. I have always done what I could to volunteer in the school which has helped me to see all the teachers and students during their regular school day. My involvement has also helped my children to get the most out of their years at Marvin.

Posted April 24, 2007
We have had two children progress through Marvin Elementary School and have had an outstanding experience. Our children are distinctly different learners. One excells at acedamia while the other has learning difficulties. Each has had outstanding teachers all showing great concern and comittment to their development. They take great care to help each student excell and work to create the right environment and programs to match the child's needs. Great teachers, great student diversity, wonderful family atmosphere with a lot of parent involvement, next to Taylor Farm Park & the beach! A real open and informative partnership between parents and teachers. Marvin's strings program and annual art show is also fantastic. Since Marvin was an Accelerated School for many years it really treats each child as gifted and opens its doors to family participation and fun. Marvin was a wonderful beginning to our children's education and we all made lasting friendships!

Marvin Elementary School 4

Posted April 24, 2007
I have been a Marvin parent for almost three years now having a child who is completing second grade. I have been impressed overall with the education she is receiving, and especially with the parental involvement in our school. I think that we are unbelievably lucky to have so many dedicated parents who give of themselves, their time, expertise and overall love to make up for the short-falls in the extracurricular actives and items that get excluded due to tighter budgets and more and more demands on our teachers to spend time ticking off items on a list than teaching the fundamentals. I am proud to be a mom who volunteers and works with all the other parents to bring bigger and better things to our children, and I feel the East Norwalk community has done a wonderful job making our school something to be held up as an example.

15 Calf Pasture Beach Rd, Norwalk, CT  06855
Last modified Marvin Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Marvin Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 15 reviews. Top