Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Not enough (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very ineffective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Parent (1 response)

Amity Middle School: Orange 1

Posted February 17, 2016
Bulling is a real huge issue at this school. My child has been suffering emotionally and academically from it and now we are hiring an attorney and informing the state as we haven't seen any serious action from the school. Unfortunately there are so much drama in each class and teachers are not capable and willing to take care of them. This is too bad because I graduated from amity school myself and do not remember these schools to be so mismanaged!

Amity Middle School: Orange 1

Posted March 07, 2015
It has come to my attention that bullying is an issue at this school and nothing is being done about this please look into this issue.

Posted January 07, 2012
My son is a currently in the eighth grade at Amity Middle School, my other son is now a sophomore at Amity High , he also attended AMS . I agree that there are some staff members that need to retire however our experience with the school as been nothing but the best. And to the person who wrote about spoiled lazy kids I would have to disagree!! My daughter will be attending AMS in 2013 and I am sure she will receive the best education from AMS just as her brothers have.

Posted November 02, 2009
If I had any other reasonable option, my child would not be attending this school. Spoiled kids and a lazy admin. It's true what another parent wrote - kids are labeled. They stick a student in a given category and then leave them there. The school does not view each student as an individual. I don't suggest anyone move here for this school.

Posted September 16, 2009
Gives kids great education and independence. Easy transistion into the middle school.

Amity Middle School: Orange 3

Posted June 13, 2009
Most of the teachers are great. Just watch out if you get a bad one. The administration will turn a blind eye and do nothing about it - even if it's at the students expense. Overall the children are poorly behaved and this is tollerated. Children are labled from the time they enter the school. These labels never change. I would not recommend this school.

Posted April 24, 2008
Amity was one of the best schools I have ever gone to. I love it very much! I had one of the best experiences one can gain from middle school. I met so many great people and made many new friends. I also had some of the most amazing teachers. They are all very caring, and they only want their students to succeed. The classes were great, too. I was challenged, and their rigor kept me on my toes. I am so grateful for the wonderful experience I had.

Posted June 15, 2004
Amity Junior High is a great school. It was very fun and friendly. It is a great enviornment to learn. The teacher are happy and good at their job. It was a very pleasent time i had at there.

100 Ohman Ave, Orange, CT  06477
Last modified Amity Middle School: Orange is a Public school that serves grades 7-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.