PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted November 24, 2015
It is so hard to choose just one teacher! Mrs. Betesh in preschool 3's is a gem, and helps the entire family make the transition to school. Mrs. Szilagyi in preschool 4's helped on of mine come out of his shell. Mrs. Seavy in Kindergarten weaves so much fun into the day, the kids don't even realize they are learning. All 3 of my kids' reading blossomed under Mrs. Lampasso in Grade 1. Mrs. O'Leary in 3rd grade has a gift for understanding just what makes each child tick. Mrs. Fahey in grade 4 is so creative and hands on. Miss Richards in Grade 5 is so innovative. The Middle School teachers are all so passionate about their subject matter, and truly work as a team to challenge and nurture each student!

Amount of homework: Just right

Posted November 24, 2015
Homework progresses appropriately from Kindergarten, which is about 10 minutes through Middle School which can be 1.5 hours.

Develops empathy: Strongly agree

Posted November 24, 2015
Because of being a Catholic School, teachers can really focus on treating others the way you wish to be treated.

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted November 24, 2015
The theme of the 2015-2016 School year is "The Year of Respect". Each month, a new behavior is highlighted. The Grade 8 students introduce the topic, and through skits and discussions, lead the school community in embracing that value. Students/classes who demonstrate this behavior during the month are rewarded.

Posted November 24, 2015
Saint Mary School has been so much more than a school to my family. It is a home away from home. My 3 children have attended since preschool, and have been surrounded by teachers who care about them like family. They run into school each morning, in 11 years I have never heard "I don't want to go to school". They are confident, kind, and curious learners, and I am so glad we made this decision for them. The school community is welcoming and involved, and the Catholic values reinforce my family's values. You won't be dissappointed, call and take a tour!

Posted September 08, 2014
I love this school!!! I'm a new 7th grade student at SMS and I love it!! The teachers are so supportive and they will help you, in middle school they have two different math classes, grade level and pre-algebra I and II and also Algebra for eighth grade for the higher level class, so they didn't teach me Pre-Algebra at my new school so the math teacher is helping me they would love to help you! This is a warm, kind, and nurturing environment and they will do anything for you. Unlike public school, SMS knows how to control the kids and there's NEVER EVER bullying. On the first Friday of every month SMS goes across the street to the church and have first Friday mass, they have it because they celebrate when Jesus appeared to Saint Margret Mary showed her Sacred Heart, you can learn more about at their website. I guarantee you that if you send your children to Saint Mary School, you will see them grow and see a side of intelligence you've never seen before in your child, they will love to learn and go to this school!

Posted September 30, 2010
On 9/9/2010, Saint Mary School was awarded a 2010 National Blue Ribbon by the United States Department of Education. This award means that Saint Mary School places amoung the top 50 private elementary, middle AND high schools in the entire United States. We could not be more proud of the quality education (both in academics and in our Faith) that our children are receiving!!!

Posted October 15, 2009
Saint Mary School has exceeded all our expectations!!! Academic excellence, passionate and caring teachers, respectful students and ongoing education in the Catholic Faith are the cornerstones to this very special place!!

Posted October 13, 2009
Saint Mary has been a terrific place for our two children. Our oldest has just entered middle school and both my wife and I were very impressed with the dedication and credentials of the middle school faculty. Our elementary school experience has also been wonderful. SMS puts 'faith in every student' and it shows, academically and spiritually !

Posted October 13, 2009
I have 3 kids at the school, the oldest one is in middle school (started in the pre-school grades) All of my kids are doing well in the academics and even better on the spiritual level. I can say that the education they are getting is top-notch and compares favorable with what my sisters kids are doing in their local school here in CT. The faculty and staff at SMS is absolutely top of the class! Of note is also the small class sizes and a very strong community around the school.

183 High Ridge Ave, Ridgefield, CT  06877