PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

My son started Saint Mary School after we found the Ridgefield Public Schools ( elementary) to not work well for him. He is very bright but has organizational issues that made it difficult to navigate the larger system. He has absolutely blossomed at SMS. The middle school has helped bolster his confidence in himself and his intellect. For the first time * ever* he came home and said he likes school!! He likes writing! --A subject that has historically been difficult for him due to organization; The teachers really have made him comfortable and drawn his best out. We have encountered such caring teachers and staff at SMS. The school community is supportive and positive for the kids. The work is rigorous but they have support available if its needed. They do an amazing job of getting to know each child individually. We are THRILLED with our decision to send our son to SMS and he is so much happier and likes school. What a gift. I would not hesitate to recommend this school to anyone- Catholic or non Catholic: it is a terrific school.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly disagree

Amazing and caring staff at this school! My son loves his teachers!!!! Isn't that the biggest compliment of all.

Develops character: Strongly agree

SMS views each child positivity and I think that this attitude is felt in the school. Therefore the kids want to do well. They want to be nice. They want to be a part of that culture. It is the culture of the school. The religious aspect of the school also reinforces these principles. My family is not Catholic, but we appreciate the religious aspect of the school because it serves to reinforce basic morals such as kindness, caring, honesty and integrity

Amount of homework: Agree

Homework progresses appropriately from Kindergarten, which is about 10 minutes through Middle School which can be 1.5 hours.

Develops character: Strongly agree

The theme of the 2015-2016 School year is "The Year of Respect". Each month, a new behavior is highlighted. The Grade 8 students introduce the topic, and through skits and discussions, lead the school community in embracing that value. Students/classes who demonstrate this behavior during the month are rewarded.

Saint Mary School has been so much more than a school to my family. It is a home away from home. My 3 children have attended since preschool, and have been surrounded by teachers who care about them like family. They run into school each morning, in 11 years I have never heard "I don't want to go to school". They are confident, kind, and curious learners, and I am so glad we made this decision for them. The school community is welcoming and involved, and the Catholic values reinforce my family's values. You won't be dissappointed, call and take a tour!

I love this school!!! I'm a new 7th grade student at SMS and I love it!! The teachers are so supportive and they will help you, in middle school they have two different math classes, grade level and pre-algebra I and II and also Algebra for eighth grade for the higher level class, so they didn't teach me Pre-Algebra at my new school so the math teacher is helping me they would love to help you! This is a warm, kind, and nurturing environment and they will do anything for you. Unlike public school, SMS knows how to control the kids and there's NEVER EVER bullying. On the first Friday of every month SMS goes across the street to the church and have first Friday mass, they have it because they celebrate when Jesus appeared to Saint Margret Mary showed her Sacred Heart, you can learn more about at their website. I guarantee you that if you send your children to Saint Mary School, you will see them grow and see a side of intelligence you've never seen before in your child, they will love to learn and go to this school!

On 9/9/2010, Saint Mary School was awarded a 2010 National Blue Ribbon by the United States Department of Education. This award means that Saint Mary School places amoung the top 50 private elementary, middle AND high schools in the entire United States. We could not be more proud of the quality education (both in academics and in our Faith) that our children are receiving!!!

Saint Mary School has exceeded all our expectations!!! Academic excellence, passionate and caring teachers, respectful students and ongoing education in the Catholic Faith are the cornerstones to this very special place!!

Saint Mary has been a terrific place for our two children. Our oldest has just entered middle school and both my wife and I were very impressed with the dedication and credentials of the middle school faculty. Our elementary school experience has also been wonderful. SMS puts 'faith in every student' and it shows, academically and spiritually !

Last modified St. Mary School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8