Stillmeadow School

Public | PK-5

Posted November 8, 2013

Stillmeadow elementary school has technology science media art gym and more educational stuff it is a award winning school

Posted June 4, 2012

I have two children who went through Stillmeadow and they both turned out to be high honors students. The school is spot on with academics and they are focused on the success of the students by giving Principal and Citizenship awards. The parents are very involved and teachers and the Administration work really hard to make this a high performing school. The students love activities like literacy day, math night and field trips.

Posted March 26, 2012

This school is focused on student success. The principal is a visionary that wants the school to bring the students and staff into the 21st Century. Scholarship and Citizenship are the school's major focuses.

Posted May 16, 2011

I found this school to be quite good through 3-4 grade for my daughter. The teachers were extremely kind, the children were nice and my daughter really learned something. But all that changed in 5th grade. In October, My daughter was SLAPPED by a student on the playground. She had to change classes. And all through this current year she is in 5th grade, she has been repeatedly harassed by several students. And though the leading teachers are fine, there is one assistant in particular who had been harassing her. And recently, a substitute had her down on her hands and knees picking up dirt that was not even hers. Tissues, Wrappers, pen caps... And then he had the nerve to tell me he believed she had OCD. She has come home crying too many times to count and we are both ready to leave this whole year behind us.

Posted February 1, 2011

My son and my daughter went to stillmeadow, I adore the school. The faculty, administrators and everyone took time and you knew that they actually cared for the student, mentally, physically and academically. I am a very hands on parent and was a part of everything. They did a wonderful job with my children and I am forever greatful.

Posted January 21, 2011

I went to stillmeadow in 2000 till 2006. And all I have to say that it is an amazing school with a amazing staff. I am proud to say that I went to that school. And this a coming from a high honor student at her high school. Thank you stilklmeadow.

Posted July 8, 2010

The city of Stamford has one of the highest incomes in CT. Stillmeadow school has performed worse than schools in other CT poorer cities, like Bridgeport. Teacher quality is average, there are good teachers and some not that good. Very good teachers had left the school. The Principal is part of the problem, not the solution. The Principal is responsible for the deterioration in teacher s quality. Parent involvement is average. with very few really committing.

Posted May 20, 2009

I'm a parent of a 2nd Gr & Kindg. Stillmeadow is a wonderful and fine, clean school. I like the fact that the principal has been there over 14 yrs. This school is one of the few that has a FT nurse. I'm a FT working mom, but I do see (from dropping off kids in the AM & events I attend) that there are many moms who are involved & are always around the school. I find alot of comfort in that. In addition, the school is nestled in a nice residentual neighborhood set back off the street. They have a great new playground. My kids participate in various weekly after school programs. Truly great kids, teachrs & staff who care. My kids are reading and doing fine. can't look just at school scores-have to look at your kids and other factors, but don't discount school and everyone's efforts.

Posted March 13, 2009

The teachers are focussed on helping the students accomplish their goals. The principal is creative. The PFO is involved with several imaginative projects.

Posted February 26, 2008

Ii tell everyone that has something negative to say about the Stamford public schools that anyone that has something negative to say has problems with diversity, this school is fantastic and I am thankful that my kids are so happy there, I dont want my kids to live in a 'bubble' the magnet schools have nothing on this school!!! Great job Dr. Sanders and staff

Posted January 23, 2008

As a former Student, I can say from experience that Stillmeadow really helped prepare me for many things. I had been a part of the Stillmeadow community since i was four years old, I basically grew up there. Thanks the the relationships that grew between the teachers and the students I feel I am much better prepared for my life as a whole. Thanks to all my teachers, and in particular to David Bodofsky , I gained confidence in myself and my abillities which definitally got me ready for middle school and beyond. Yeah, i struggled for my first year of middle school, but everyone does. No one likes middle school, but thanks to Stillmeadow I was ready to deal with that, and then move on and suceed in life.
—Submitted by a student

Posted October 11, 2007

I spent the last few minutes reading some of the postings regarding our school. I currently have two children in the school and for both it has been a great experience. I have seen first hand some of the other schools in our city and Stillmeadow to me is in a class by itself. The people listing the negative comments below either are not involved enough to know what they're talking about or are just plain clueless. Our principal is largely responsible for the success our school has shared over the last sevaral years. Furthermore, every teacher my children have had and every teacher I've met, have been nothing short of very dedicated and extremely hard working individuals that care a great deal for our kids and our school. If people have a problem with the school they should get more involved and bring their issues through proper channels.

Posted October 11, 2007

Both my children have had great experiences in this school. I also feel that the staff goes above and beyond. I have experienced first hand what a fantastic group of caring, well trained, and hard working teachers we have. Our principal strives to make our school successful and what people fail to realize is how much he truely cares about our children. Parent involvement is low but I feel that this is due to the large population of working parents and todays busy lifestyles. All Stamford Public School are far from perfect. The fact that our school focuses on trying to make the necessary improvements to be successful is worth writing about!

Posted October 11, 2007

It is upsetting to me, to see such negative comments about Stillmeadow. Compared to other SPS, I feel that Stillmeadow's Staff goes above and beyond. I blame other pushy parents who cannot follow directions for any 'unkind' treatment. It is my understanding that the 'mediator' in the media center is there as a courtesy. School begins at 8:10, not 7:20. As for the principal, if parents have such concerns, they can make an appointment to discuss issues they are having. I have come to know him as a very reasonable, down to earth person. As far as unkindness from faculty in that school goes, I feel that you get what you give.

Posted October 4, 2007

So far I am very unhappy with the faculty. I have yet to see any of them show any kindness. This ranges from the monitor at the Media Center in the AM, to the 'man' directs traffic in the AM, to most of the staff who monitor the drop ins outside in the AM, to the principal!

Posted September 26, 2007

My children have had great teachers. They both have done very well at this school. I do feel it is because, as a parent, I have been aware of what they are learning at school and reinforce it at home. If I felt they needed more of a challenge I contacted the teacher. For the most part my concerns were acted upon. I do feel that the school needs to group for Math. This is very important and my oldest was not ready for middle school math. He was able to catch up fairly quickly, but not all children can and that can be very stressful. Overall my children were and are very happy here. There are extracurricular activities that are offered to the children each year. The parent involvement is good, but could be better. There is always room for improvement.

Posted September 19, 2007

This school is failing our children, the teachers are nice, but we need teachers that fight for our children and look for ways to challenge them. Im on a waiting list for other schools. I wish the principal was a visionary, the school needs a new focus or none of these poor children will be prepared for middle school.

Posted September 5, 2007

I'm a new member of the school with a kindergardener just starting in Mrs. Frateroli's class. So far, my daughter seems to be enjoying the school and is coming home everyday saying she learned something new.

Posted July 17, 2007

This school has great potential. The teachers are wonderful and work under an enormous amount of stress. Hats off to all of the teachers that work so hard each and every day. Our children are very lucky to have them.

Posted April 7, 2007

Parent involvement is average due to parents needing to work and it's understandable. There are programs available. academic programs need improvement, my children graduated from 5 grade in 2 separate years and were not prepared for middle school by one of the teachers who had a student teacher at the time. He left the student teacher to do all the work. Very unprofessional and the students suffered.

Math

The state average for Math was 83% in 2013.

83 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 72% in 2013.

81 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 80% in 2013.

87 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Scale: % level 3, 4, or 5

In 2012-2013 Connecticut used the Connecticut Mastery Test (CMT) to test students' skills in reading, writing and math in grades 3 through 8, and in science in grades 5 and 8. The CMT is a standards-based test, which means it measures how well students are mastering specific skills defined for each grade by the state of Connecticut.

Math

The state average for Math was 84% in 2013.

95 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 78% in 2013.

92 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 84% in 2013.

102 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 84% in 2013.

80 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 79% in 2013.

78 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Science

The state average for Science was 82% in 2013.

86 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 88% in 2013.

85 students were tested at this school in 2013.

All Students92%

Economically disadvantaged79%
Students without disabilities93%
Proficient in English89%
Scale: % level 3, 4, or 5

The different student groups are identified by the Connecticut Department of Education. If there are fewer than 10 students in a particular group, the state doesn't report data for that group.

All Students83%

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 8% 4%

Student subgroups

This school District averageState average
Students eligible for free or reduced-price lunch program 48%N/A35%

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

800 Stillwater Rd