PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

St. James is such a great community for the children and parents. From my experience, the parents are very invested in the children's education and experience at St. James. The main goal of the school, in my opinion, is to provide a great education centered around Christ.

St. James school is not just a school, it's a community. The teachers, students and parents all care for each other. My kids love their teachers, they are loving, supportive, patient, kind and sometimes authoritative when there is a need (let's face it, kids sometimes need to be reminded that rules need to be obeyed.) There are lots of after school activities: sports, music, drama club, etc. St. James provides a safe and warm environment for the children. They offer support for students that have difficulty with the academics. It really is a great school.

We love St. James. This school touches your heart and makes God a leading example in our child's life. Academics are strong and the teaching staff is caring and sensitive.

Yes for Cathilic education and big NO for St. James school.our children din not have a positive experience at all. Some of the worst teachers!!! It seems like there is no authority, no leader. I am glad we have decided to leave this school. There are better schools in the area. Please consider them first. The teachers have no respect to parents and students!!!!

Yes, for Catholic education and BIG NO for St. James. It seems that there is no leader in this school. It was a very negative experience for my children and I am glad we mede a decision to leave St. James. Terrible teachers !!!

Our family moved to the Stratford area when my son was 2. We took the next couple of years to look at schools and talk to people about the pros and cons of the schools in the area. We settled in Stratford because the public schools were rated pretty high and it was affordable relative to the other areas. Once we started talking to other parents in the area we were told to visit St James and St. Marks. We visited both schools, and both were very nice. The one thing that stuck me the most at St. James, was that each time I went to go through a doorway and there was a student in front of me, that student (male or female) held the door for me. I was very impressed with the fact that the student are taught as a whole person and not just facts and procedures. They emphasis knowledge, respect, caring, family, and faith just to mention some of the high points. We have been at St. James for 3 years now and everyday my son always looks forward to going to school. How shocking is that! That alone says more than I could every say about the school. Do not pass up the opportunity to stop in at an open house, or just make a casual visit to meet some of the people at St James.

Without a doubt sending my children to St .James was the best decision we made. They offer a comforting & secure environment for which our children can blossom and be whatever they want to be. Is it perfect ..no.... but what is?? And that's just find with us ! They have an involved community of parents that after our kids leave the school we will still be friends for years afterwards!

i used to be a student at this school, and I can actually say, without pause that this school has emotionally scarred me for life. The teachers can usually be trusted to not actually teach you a single thing, the school is dirty all the time, and it did not prepare me at all for the strains of high school. I will not name names, but many teachers verbally abused the students, and if you try to ask a higher authority to tell them to stop, they take the teachers side. If you care at all about how your child develops and want them to have a healthy state of mind, do not send them to st james.

Both of my children go to this school. I am very happy with it. They show they care for each and every student. The teachers are great and the principal listens to everyone.

This school has taught my children unity and love and caring attitudes towards the children . I am very happy with this school and so are my children.

Last modified St James School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8