Posted August 21, 2014
Great school. Best elementary school in Vernon. My sons been going here for 4 years now and the teachers have been excellent. My son is doing really well and they provide him homework on a regular basis, and give us tips on what we as parents can do to help our kids. I see parents sending their kids to magnet schools and I dont know why since this school provides already an excellent education.

Posted January 14, 2014
LSS is an excellent school. I would recommend it to anyone! All three of my children have done very well. The teachers are very involved and caring. The school has high expectations and helps its students to achieve.

Posted November 18, 2010
L.S.S is a very good school. The teachers and staff are friendly and helpful. If you show responsibility you get more fun oppurtunities. My duaghter was in 5th grade last year and she wants to go back! They went on a feild trip to Nomad's and Boston, MA Believe it or not my daughter is still in touch with her 5th grade teacher thay are caring and offer many programs for giffted kids or kids who just want to have funThey also have a math olympiads program for students who have accelerated in math!! I recomend this school to anyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lake Street School 4

Posted March 23, 2010

Posted January 14, 2009

Lake Street School 0

Posted October 19, 2008
I find that my children have not only improved educationally but there communication skills and desire for learning has spiked to the top due to the care and concern of teachers and L.S.S. staff, and administartuion.

Posted August 20, 2008

Lake Street School 4

Posted February 28, 2004
My sons have both had a good experience at this school. There is good PTO involvement by the parents and a few extracurricular programs. The emphasis at this school is on reading. I think it is a good quality school, although it would be nice to see more challenging curricula given to the students. the flex grouping in the 3rd grade seems to be addressing that issue though.

Lake Street School
201 Lake St, Vernon, CT  06066
Last modified Lake Street School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Lake Street School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 8 reviews. Top