Posted December 17, 2010
My daughter is now in her third year at High Road. She is thriving here. I can't imagine her going anywhere else. The school is in constant comunication with us. I consider them part of our family. I believe everyone on staf there loves the students as if they were there own. My daughter has achieved more than I could have ever imagined, I now believe her potential is unlimited. I highly reccomend this program.

Posted April 29, 2009
Our experience so far with High Road has been awful. Communication is almost nonexistent, and when there is any, it's written in chicken scratch. The academic side of the school is a joke. Homework packets sent home for the month have no connection with what is being taught in class. The packets are also well below grade level. Punishment is a bit extreme for my tastes, and we were lied to about how the program is run. As soon as we can remove our child from the school, we will.

High Road Student Learning Center 4

Posted April 08, 2009
I found this school helpful to me in all ways. I couldn't say enough about how many friends I made there and how much I enjoyed coming to school everyday there. The staff cared about all students and could give each student the amount of time that each student needed per day. I would recommend this school to any student that is eligable to go there because it made a difference in my life. thank you High Road student learning Center

Posted March 12, 2009
Highroad student learning center is a wonderful school. My daughter has thrived at this school. They have made more progress with her than any place else. My husband and i are so happy she goes here and we recomend it to all.

Posted April 26, 2006
I cannot say enough good things about this school. The staff is exceptional. They are helpful, understanding, compassionate, and appreciative of all parental input. As a parent, you can be as involved as your comfort level allows, and when you give insights and suggestions, they are taken seriously and not brushed off. Difficult behavior problems are dealt with in a therapeutic manner, & teaching continues as soon as it's over without lingering animosity from the staff. My son has been there 5 months & has made more academic progress than in 2 years of public school, and at the same time he is learning how to deal with his intense frustrations appropriately. Multi-level incentives for progressing & maintaining appropriate behavior are plentiful & highly motivating for students.

Posted June 01, 2005
High Road Learning Center is a therapeutic day school. There is both a lower and an upper (gr. 7-12) school. Our daughter has been there only 6 months, but it has been a great relief to have a school that did not take her struggles as an inconvenience, but rather just part of the landscape of providing her with an education. As a 16 year old, she seems to be one of the few children who is 'on level'--doing school work on target for high school graduation after 12 years of public school. Many of her classmates have much greater difficulty doing the schoolwork, but the teachers also understand when her emotional struggles limit what she is able to learn. Extracurricular activities are limited, but arrangements can be made so that the student participates in his/her own district's sports teams. The school encourages parent involvement, but distance can discourage it.

Posted October 08, 2004

High Road Student Learning Center
29 Village Lane, Wallingford, CT  06492
Last modified High Road Student Learning Center is a Private school that serves grades K-8
High Road Student Learning Center Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 7 reviews. Top