Posted September 15, 2014
Holy Cross is in desperate need of some policy changes! For example, the Valedictorian and Salutatorian of the school may not actually be the 1st and 2nd ranked in the class. This is solely due to the fact that they follow a policy they have been using that is at least, 43 years old! While other High Schools perform the simple calculation appropriately at the end of the school year to determine rank, HCHS does their calculation back in December, ignoring half of senior year. This method can result in the wrong student receiving an award. The worst part is that when this problem was brought to their attention, they really could not be bothered to address it. Imagine if your child worked hard all four years to achieve the rank of 1st or 2nd in the class to not even get acknowledged in the slightest bit for their accomplishment. Beware! This is just one of the backward policies that are in use at Holy Cross High School!

Posted July 02, 2014
I found Holy Cross High very disappointing in regards to the way the administration handles any concerns or problems. The archaic policies and way of thinking, I feel will never change until the current administration changes. Students and parents seldom find any satisfaction to situations that may occur because of the lack of any authority overseeing Holy Cross. You are often left with a " Too Bad " attitude. If I had to do it all over again I would find another High School to spend my hard working money on!

Posted May 24, 2012
This school is great!!!! Under the guidance of wonderful teachers and a very involved guidance department - my daughter has blossomed from a B/C student to a student with almost all straight A's. We love this school!!!!

Holy Cross High School 0

Posted August 16, 2009
Both of my boys have gone to Holy Cross. I am also a 1974 graduate of the school. I can't say enough good things about the school and the teachers. They care about the students and are there with extra help if needed. It's scary to think my kids would have had to go to a wtby public school if there wasn't great private schools like Holy Cross around. Thank you to all the great teachers and to a great school. Sincerly, Andy Lukeski, Class of 74

Posted November 12, 2008
Wonderful school! Someone told me that the teachers at private schools are there for a limited time and use them as 'stepping stones' to move onto public schools. I know for a fact that the teachers here STAY here because they LOVE it here and they are committed to excellence. The average length of time teaching here is 25 - 30 years. That is one giant stone! Good job, teachers. We appreciate everything you do! A very satisfied parent.

Posted March 05, 2008
You get what you give---Teachers at Holy Cross High School are there because they want to be and they care to help each student achieve his/her personal best. Not all students are Einsteins, varsity athletes, future leaders, stage stars or social butterflies. The teachers watch and nourish students as individuals. The students are encouraged to grow. To communicate with their teachers and learn academic as well as life lessons. Those who give alittle will receive a wealth of guidence. The students job is to learn to apply all knowledge, thus establish a foundation for a bright adult future. Many thanks to each and every individual who helped guide my daughter during her four years growth at Holy Cross. Respectfully, Jim/Kathy Mattrella

Posted October 04, 2007
My Child goes there and it helped her suceed I love this school

Posted August 22, 2006

Posted August 17, 2006

Posted October 07, 2005
- a former student
Holy Cross gave me the tools and desire to succeed in college and life. I hope my children will cgoose to go to such a great school.

Holy Cross High School
587 Oronoke Road, Waterbury, CT  06708
Last modified Holy Cross High School is a Private school that serves grades 9-12
Holy Cross High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 15 reviews.