Waterbury, CT

Sacred Heart High School 3

Posted December 13, 2009
I graduated in 08', and it's not amazing, but not a bad school either.

Sacred Heart High School 0

Posted March 30, 2009
As a sophomore at SHHS, I could not love this school more than I do. The teachers are extremely kind, helpful, and in several courses, challenging. I have learned a lot from the diverse faculty and I am confident my SHHS education composed of honors classes will carry me through college successfully. The sports range from exceedingly talented to horrible -- but it is known that every student that is part of a sports team has a great time regardless of the team's record. Our boys' basketball and swim teams won state championships this year which was pretty awesome if I do say so myself. I am part of the girls' soccer and basketball teams & I am very happy with the quality of coaching and I thoroughly enjoy the players on both teams. The academics, athletics, extracurriculars & family environment make SHHS an amazing school that I would highly recommend.

Sacred Heart High School 5

Posted November 13, 2007
My son is a freshman at SHHS. He came from Wallace, which is a pretty ruff public school and has found the enviroment at SHHS to be exactly what he needed. He had done well in Wallace, attaining a couple of high school credits during 8th grade and is now a freshman in Sophmore Honors Geomotry. I have read some of the othercomments and hear that the acadmics are mediocre but I do not see it that way. My son had straight A's during his public school career and is finding several of his classes quite challenging. I guess it depends on your teacher. I would recommend Sacred Heart to anyone looking for a school that fosters a family type atmosphere that prepares their child for colloge. And no, noone in my family has ever attended Sacred Heart other than my son.

Sacred Heart High School 2

Posted August 21, 2007

Sacred Heart High School 3

Posted September 21, 2006

Posted May 24, 2006

Sacred Heart High School 5

Posted May 07, 2006
Many of these reviews have some aspects of this school in which are correct. For example, I am a sacred heart student and I will be graduating this year, and when I just read the reviews I was shocked to see what people think about Sacred Heart. I have had two teachers that were horrible as teachers, but fun nevertheless. The sports programs are somewhat terrible and even some of my honors classes have been pathetically easy. But where Sacred Heart counts is the simple connectivity of all of its members. It is like any other school, you get from it what you put into it. I have put a lot of my energy into sacred heart and i have been rewarded greatly. Sure, other schools are better, but i doubt any will make me feel like a family. Dan

Posted March 24, 2006
Finally a chance to be heard! If you really want your child to learn and be successful in college then this in not the school for you. From the president to the guidence counselor I rank this school fair. My daughter loved her friends and some teachers at SHHS, but she realized in her second year that she was learning little. Her good grades were as a result of easy work and easy teachers. If it wasn't for her honesty, she would have remained at the school and learned little. She would have truly been at a disadvantage once she made it to college. There are a fee good teachers, but most have no class control and little to offer. My daughter would tell you that she had alot of fun at SHHS, if thats what you want for your child, then this is the school for you. good luck

Posted February 15, 2006
- a former student
A few words to discribe SHHS--legacy, medicore education, and sports. I am a product of this education, and can say, I had a tough time matriculating to a college/university level. My science and math skills were lacking compared to others, and so were my practical skills. The school sets example to students by letting them 'slip by' solely on a last name or a sports scholarship. The teachers and parents are involved in a cliquish mentality as well. SHHS is an expensive public school--there are lots of fights and unruliness.

Sacred Heart High School 4

Posted August 23, 2005
I like it at Sacred Heart. I get along well with the teachers and most of my fellow students. I'm not a sports star at all, and my family isn't exactly well-known at the school. The teachers are a mixture of some mediocre and others who are brilliant and have really taught me alot already. I also would like to add that they offer more challenging courses than previously mentioned. There is AP US history, AP English, UConn Physics, UConn Calculus, and if it is truly desired, arrangements can be made for students to take an independent study course in kanguage or other subjects. Sacred Heart is a good choice if you like a small school where the atmosphere is equivalent to that a a large family.

Sacred Heart High School
142 South Elm Street, Waterbury, CT  06706
Last modified Sacred Heart High School is a Private school that serves grades 9-12
Sacred Heart High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 23 reviews. Top