Posted December 17, 2013
A wonderful alternative to the public schools. St. Mary's offers great academic preparation and a small, supportive community. Yes, it lacks some modern amenities (i.e. cafeteria, their own gym), but your child will not be allowed to fall through the cracks here. Children are held to a standard of behavior that is no longer allowed in the public school. In short, St. Mary School will help you to raise your child to be a moral, caring person in addition to providing a solid academic grounding. What St. Mary's offers will become especially apparent in the middle school years, when your child's educational experience will be light years ahead of what the public school provides.

Posted August 26, 2013
The school itself had a good reputation for very long time but some of the teachers don't want to do the job they are getting pay for; the most important thing in this career is make sure kids are getting a good educations, disciplines, and respects that we as parents want for our children. My wife and I sent our son to this school thinking that it would be better than the public schools. All I'm saying is that if you don't want to regret you send your child to this school, don't ever think to send him/her here.

Posted December 02, 2012
I am a recent graduate of St. Mary School and the staff and teachers are fantastic! Everything is very family oriented, and your child will leave prepared for high school. The teachers are outstanding when it comes to helping an individual child at his or her own pace. As well as recieving a quality education, your child will be learning good morals along the way. The principal is experienced and knows the name of every student in the school. The current principal is the principal I had. The curriculum is challenging and the school all together is a great experience.

Posted December 18, 2011
I graduated from SMS in the 90s. I was there from K-8 and by graduation my peers and I were a family. It's great reading the other reviews with teachers mentioned. I remember said teachers when they were students. If I made my adult life in Waterbury I would have sent my children to SMS. It's a wonderful small Catholic school. I sincerely hope it does not fall victim to the closures effecting Catholic education like the ones in NYC.

Posted March 16, 2011
I am a parent who struggled as to where to send my child once she started Pre-K last year. I decided to enroll her at St. Mary's because of the reputation and the fact that my husbands family have a history that dates back to four generations of alumni. My daughter has flourished and her confidence has shown through. She loves to go to school and I feel that part of that is in the quality of education she receives at St. Mary's. I highly recommend for any parent who wants to offer their child the best possible future t consider St. Mary's School.

St Mary 0

Posted June 03, 2009
I am in 6th grade at Saint Mary and my teacher, James Geary is awesome! All of the teachers. especially Ms. Stanco, are. It is a great school.

Posted May 12, 2009
I have a daughter in 5th & a son in 2nd, we love St. Mary's. Highly Highly recommend!!!

Posted March 09, 2009
My son attends kindergarten at St. Mary's. The teachers have been very supportive and I am impressed by the skills he has developed. My interactions with the teachers, the principal and the office staff have been very positive. The most difficulty I have is with the inconsistent bus schedule but that is not the fault of the school. My son is happy and I am pleased.

Posted November 23, 2008