Bad
Good

Although talk around the town gives Kennedy a not-so-outstanding reputation, after completing my 4 years at the school, it has become a second home to me. I don't have room to discuss the benefits if attending Kennedy. Just like any school, there are weaknesses that the principal and staff work to improve everyday. The AP/UConn courses, SOAR program, extra curricular activities, and other programs truly give students the ideal high school experience. Plus I could go on for paragraphs about the genuine, caring, and kind teachers and staff that work to better every student, no matter how difficult it may be. They will push their students to do things they didn't think we're possible. I never considered myself a leader until I was challenged to run certain clubs and groups my senior year. If your child is in the district or gets accepted into SOAR and you are worried about sending them there, don't be. They will find will they belong and the faculty will be there to help them along the way.

I am currently attenting this school and there is only one word to describe it FANTASTIC. the teachers are great, there are intensive AP courses that have helped me a lot on the way to a great college, and there are special programs for every child. This school sshould be on the top five i think. THre is great dedication from the whole school staff..

I am currently a senior at Kennedy High School. While I do feel that Kennedy does have a couple weak points, it is one of the better high schools. They offer challenging courses, you just have to be willing to take them and try your hardest. The staff is great...they're are alot of teachers who really care and are there to help you out. I am very proud to be an eagle and forever will be:)

This is the best high school i ever went to!!!!!!!!! I learned everything! Send all your kids here!

I'm a freshman at Kennedy High School, 2008-2009. There's some really nice teachers, who actually 'care' about you. There is some who actually like to know you on the 'personality' side, and they try to communicate with you. While this and other things, some of the teachers do really help you learn things. They will show you how to do it until you get it right. They even offer free tutoring Wednesday-Thursday after school if you want to understand things better. Many students love this school, and I am among them. :-)

I just transferred to Kennedy in November. The teachers are friendly and they're willing to teach any student that's willing to learn. Student involvement in school activities is great. we recently did a charity drive for Pennies for Patients and raised i believe over $1500 when our goal was only $500. so yeah, we're awesome! Parent involvement could definitely be higher though.

I know Kennedy high school is a good school. Academic wise it is the top school in Waterbury. I think its the students that make it hard . If there is a dress code, come in dress code. All I can say is, I love kenndey. I am a Eagle for life.

Last modified John F. Kennedy High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.