Lewes, DE
After care: No

Beacon Middle School 3

Posted December 12, 2014
Beacon is kind of a mixed bag. It's a decent school overall. However, so far I feel the teachers we have had are somewhat uncaring. They do the minimum required and if your kid is struggling it's kind of your and your kid's problem as far as they seem to be concerned. They seem to be very big on independence very early on in the 6th grade. I guess I would say if your kid never has any trouble with school you will probably be perfectly content, but if your child has challenges in school be prepared for a rough ride and little to no support from the school.

Beacon Middle School 3

Posted December 11, 2014
My experience has been similar to the previous reviewer. Poor communication is definitely an issue. In my opinion there is too much homework for some. Some kids are getting hours of homework every night and on weekends. My child is having difficulty in math and it was difficult to get help from the teacher. The elementary school my child attended in this district was wonderful. The administrators at the school are pretty good, but overall Beacon has been a huge disappointment. I really expected better from a Cape District school. However academically the school performs...test scores are good, so I guess that's all that matters.

Beacon Middle School 2

Posted October 23, 2014
This school has let us down from the day we walked into register. Information is never forthcoming and its like drawing teeth to find out the most basic information. Other schools in the district are proactive in informing parents about opportunities, events, and other information. Unless its a pre-recorded call about sports news, then I usually hear about everything after its happened. This is despite adding myself to the suggested text information groups, facebook pages, and apps. Every time I miss something I'm told after the fact that I should have been on this or that particular list or app to have found the information. We had a really lovely choir concert last night, but I was only told the start time on the report card. There was zero information outside of this. My daughter is doing well at school. Academically she seems to be doing appropriate and challenging things, but she has also brought home a few age inappropriate books from her Language Arts teacher, which I seem to have no way to prevent. This school may very well be an excellent place of learning, but its complete lack of communication means I'll never know.
2 people found this helpful

Beacon Middle School 5

Posted September 28, 2014
The staff and administration are amazing! They not only support their students academically and emotionally but they challenge them to do their best every day. Beacon will be my slide school of choice for the rest of my children as well. Thank you all the staff!

Beacon Middle School 5

Posted September 26, 2014
Beacon Middle School is a great school! The staff really has a way of bringing out the best in the kids. I wouldn't send my kids anywhere else!

Beacon Middle School
19483 John J Williams Highway, Lewes, DE  19958
Last modified Beacon Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Beacon Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 5 reviews. Top