Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (4 responses)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (2 responses)

I'm sorry to see families come here to unload a tough experience instead of providing constructive feedback (whether positive or negative). According to the State of Delaware's website, MOT has a history of being fiscally responsible and almost all our the teaching staff is in the "highly qualified" group. We have 5 children that have attended and could not be more pleased with the FREE education we have received. People who attend fully funded district schools or private schools should be mindful of not comparing their experiences. The High School curriculum is challenging, but students can complete homework in advisory periods, and rarely have more than 2 hours nightly. It is about time management and focus, a skill which is highly used in the workplace. Our 2 High School children are happy and when asked, choose to stay at MOT - they love their school.

Supports LD students: Strongly agree

We have experienced all spectrum of needs for our students - both excelling and lagging behind - each was given the support they needed.

Effective school leaders: Strongly agree

The staff is fair and thoughtful considering each specific student's specific personality and best interests.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

We have only ever had 2 issues related to our children, both were handled professionally and with thoughtful consideration for the best interest of the specific child.

Amount of homework: Agree

The High School homework is all about time management and focus. At the K-8 Academy, there is age-appropriate homework.

This school is a disgrace to the name that charter schools carry. It is one of the most unprofessional environments I have ever been in. Their budgeting skills are worse than my 8 year old sons. For a school that bases their whole curriculum online, their internet is constantly down. The teachers are very uninteractive and rely on the internet to intstruct the students. Since they hire people at random with no prior experience, the "teachers" do not do their job. Their lunch is extremely pricey for what it is. I have spent over 400 dollars in lunch for my 2 children and it has only been half of the school year. They assign at least three hours of homework each night per student and I barely have any time to hang out with my kids on the weekend. The sports and clubs are very expensive for what you get. The extracurricular activities are underfunded and are run by teachers. My son and daughter have both been depressed ever since they arrived at this school and that is one of the major reasons I have pulled them out along with their drastic change in grades from middleschool.

Handles bullying effectively: Neutral

I'm not sure about this as I haven't had to deal with it yet.

Supports LD students: Agree

I have had positive experiences with the kindergarten teacher.

Effective school leaders: Agree

From what I have seen so far, this is true.

Develops character: Agree

From what I have seen so far, this is true.

Last modified MOT Charter School is a Charter school that serves grades K-10