Christ the Teacher Catholic School 4

Posted July 16, 2014
CTTCS is a blue ribbon school that promotes academic excellence and Catholic values. My oldest graduated from CTTCS and she is doing well in high school. She and the second one are both into music and arts and they have been active in the art club, school choir and stage productions. My third daughter is going to attend CTTCS this school year and she is excited. CTTCS is a Catholic school sponsored by 4 parishes so there is a waiting list for new students who don't have siblings already enrolled. It is family where teachers and administrators know your name and are truly concerned about your kids.

Christ the Teacher Catholic School 3

Posted November 16, 2013
Yes, the school is safe. If you have any concerns about your child having ADD do not send them here. I have been asking for help for 3 years and I feel like they are just blowing me off. My child was diagnosed while already attending CTT. The principal makes the rules and there are no changing them. She is very matter of fact and quite rude if she doesn't agree with you. When I had a conversation with her It was hard to believe she is a Nun. The teachers know my child had ADD but won't make any accommodations. It puzzles me how the school is so giving with fund raisers for other people in need but when asked to help a very nice student they won't. I also know of a girl who has bullied to the point where the other girls won't let here sit at the girl table. Nothing done about that either. I use to see her sitting in the cafeteria crying but no one else seemed to notice. I have never asked the school/principal to bend any rules, just help my child and they won't. Not even with a request from the Doctor. I like the rules and the education but overall the principal will smile in your face but not help a good child who needed just a little extra help.

Posted November 06, 2013
i'm an 8th grader at ctt and you could expect the usual "blah" because school is school, but not from me. I love this school and every night when I go to bed I cry because I remember all of the faculty i'm not going to see again in a long time next year. all the ones I'm close to and have watched me grow.They are so loving. They care about every student (ignore the people below who LIED, especially past 2012) come check the school out because no website can be proven factual but your eyes can tell you for themselves. Our principal is perfect and we have an awesome vice principal. And anyone can start anything, like me and some friends started a book club. If you have a problem, the student can go to so many different people.The only students I wouldn't recommend to this school are ones with big learning disabilities and behavioral probems, but only major ones. We have four different math levels, two ELA, etc. for anyone's level of learning. yes the homework can be abundant at time, but seriously, just remember they are preparing you for your next year, esp. high school.And for the bullying,go to the guidance counselor!she WILL do something about it (tell her twice though.) helped?

Posted May 01, 2013
If you want your child to go to a school with great moral values and be around children who come from involved families who care about their children's education, well-being and safety; CTT is for you. The handbook is online so parents know what is acceptable, not acceptable, and what the academic policies are prior to attending. Yes, CTT has high academics but students are well prepared for high school. If your child wants to receive a great quality education and be in a class without students with discipline problems, you will love CTT. I love the rules and I know what to expect so we have not had any issues. Our time at CTT has been wonderful.

Christ the Teacher Catholic School 2

Posted April 19, 2013
What to say about the school. It looks stunning and shows well from the tour. And if your child is right on the line education wise, I guess it may be great. But if you have concerns for their progress (we are beginning to suspect our daughter may have ADD) do not expect any help. The guidance department blew us off completely. When we told the principal she was not returning next year and why, our concerns were totally ignored. When we outright complained to the principal, again we were dismissed and ignored. If you listen closely to the other parents as you want to pick up your child, there are a lot of concerns that parents have, but it seems many are hesitant to voice them. I know it is a private school, but the my-way-or-the-highway attitude of the administration is rediculous. Please do not get me wrong, I am not one of the people that thinks that since I am paying this tuition the rules should be altered for my child. We simply wanted a review of our child's development that her pediatrician requested so we can help her develop properly. I never thought I would say this in my life, but you would be better off school choising your student to a highly reated plublic

Posted April 15, 2013
As a parent that sent one child here and had two nieces attend as well as friend's kids, I saw a wide range of classroom, staff and parent's interactions. One will note that there are a number of negative comments from parent's regarding the principal. My experience is that these reactions, and I heard more than my fair share, is when the rules wouldn't be bent for their kids. The ole "I am spending all this money on their education and this is what I want done". Yes the principal runs a tight ship which is what you want to for consistent standards in performance and behavior. Yes, there is fair amount of homework, but the kids are testing above their peers. Isn't that what you want? There are multiple resources available: specialized reading & math assistance to high school level algebra class offered at the 8th grad level. There is a waiting list to get into most of the grades. And the cafeteria food is far better than the mystery meat that I recall. Its been awarded A National Blue Ribbon school (only 2 of each state are selected every year). If you want to dictate the terms of your kids education, keep looking. If you want a proven track record, look no further

Christ the Teacher Catholic School 1

Posted September 08, 2012
Awful place. Just awful. Sure, the building and facility is great but underneath that is a rotten place. I was bullied for two entire years, I would cry to my mother every night and every morning before i got out of the car. Students would call me names, throw balls at me and drop things on my head. Where where the teachers? I have no idea! Every time I told them about this they would tell me to deal with it and continue on their way. Don't even consider this place unless your child is an accomplished bully.

Christ the Teacher Catholic School
2451 Frazer Road, Newark, DE  19702
Last modified Christ the Teacher Catholic School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
Christ the Teacher Catholic School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 7 reviews.