Newark, DE
Students enrolled: 1,026

Posted February 17, 2015
This instituted is horrific. Never in my life have I witness something like this. However it seems like being respectful and wanting to learn is unknown at SHUE. The kids are out of contrl & seem 2 only know how to use 4letter words. There is no line of respect for the staff. My daughter who is a student there comes home telling me that they cant even get past the warm up in class, and the teachers are almost in tears every day. There are fights there every day & bullying so bad that my kids are afraid every day. There have been several incidents where I have had 2 contact not only the principal but also the superintendent. The principal is seems like she is obviously 2 what is going on @ her school & the superintendent completely ignores your emails. From what I have gathered I am not the only concerned parent who has contacted the superintendent (Freeman L. Williams) & which he has failed to return any form of contact. It is mind boggling to think that these adults are put in these higher positions 2 do an important job and have show such carelessness

Posted February 05, 2015
Horrible school for IEP/Special Ed students. The worst I've seen! Staff is very lazy. Will not send child back next year!

Posted April 17, 2014
I wish I could have put zero stars for this horrible school. Most of my fellow peers are very arrogant and most times disrupt class. The school is very unsanitary and down right disgusting. The students (not all) seem to enjoy brutal and common fights that happen here, often cheering on someone to keep fighting. The kids also use very inappropriate language, yet deans brush it off. Detention never works and most kids enjoy it. I feel bad anyone who has to come to this disgraceful school. Please parents DO NOT SEND YOUR KIDS HERE. - from a student

Posted March 12, 2014
Horrible school. My son went from straight A/B in Smyrnas school district to failing since he started here this year. The principal is no where to be found and the superintendent does not respond back. And all I get is a run around. I can not wait to get my kids out of the district. Education is not their priority!

Posted February 10, 2013
Im a student in Shue and honestly i think its the best school out of kirk and Gauger. Most teachers are nice and care about the students grades and them passing. The staff are absolutely nice, i used to have office aide where you help the office and they honestly care about bullying and education, they always do whatever they can so shue is a fun, safe and educational place. we have lots of after school clubs and sports. Of course theres going to be problems every once in a while but the staff always solve it ASAP.I take a high school level course and im only in 7th grade. so in conclusion shue is a great school for education, it is fun and safe. I never want to leave this middle school.

Posted March 22, 2012
My son is having a wonderful experience at Shue. The teachers and administration are fantastic. My son has the best English teacher he has ever had. There are Pre-AP offerings that are challenging but not overwhelming. The Band and extra curricular offerings are AMAZING. I would highly recommend Shue Medill Middle School to any parent moving to the Newark area.

Posted January 16, 2012
I rate this school excellent because the staff rises to whatever challenge the US laws, DE or Board of Education throws at them. While maintaining programs and for not neglecting the other learning levels of students that they have existing in the school, also. It seems as though there are 4 learning levels in the school. I am very impressed at how the school implements how to handle the new measures.I am always impressed at The September Open House at how the teachers like their subjects! I have volunteered in the school and I have watched the teachers. I know many students who have attended Shue-Medill for 6th - 8th grade and were accepted into The Cambridge Program at Newark High School. They do excellent in the program. This is why I rate Shue-Medill an excellent.

Shue-Medill Middle School 3

Posted January 10, 2012
shue is a school i go there and sometimes the teachers can be mean and stuff and they dont let you hang out with your friends but i only like it cuz my friends go there otherwise................no comment

Shue-Medill Middle School 4

Posted January 16, 2011
I have two sons at Shue Medill, and we are very happy there. Love the principal and lots of really good teachers. The school is safe and well managed. My boys participate in a Talent Development class, band, and some high school level classes. After school they participate in the school newspaper and several academic competitions. My eigth grader was just accepted into the Cambridge program at Newark High School. All in all very happy to have my kids going there.

Shue-Medill Middle School 4

Posted December 13, 2010
My daughter is now in 7th grade and we could not be happier with both the academics and school climate. Being an involved parent I am in the school frequently and have seen first hand how well behaved and respectful the student body is to one another. The administration has been wonderful to work with and treats parents and students with the upmost respect. The Principal truly has an open door policy. Academically my child has been challenged and occasionally when over challenged teachers have been available to help her through it. The music program is phenomenal --- with caring, talented teachers leading our students to become accomplished musicians and singers. In addition to the music program Shue has a wide variety of elective classes that fit every students needs/interests such as 2 languages are offered (French & Spanish), Tech Ed., Family Sciences, Art, Computer Technology and more. I truly feel my child is getting an excellent and well rounded education. I would and have highly recommend this school to other families.

Shue-Medill Middle School
1500 Capitol Trail, Newark, DE  19711
Last modified Shue-Medill Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Shue-Medill Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 11 reviews. Top