Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)

Amount of homework: Agree

6, just enough 7, not enough It also goes to who's your teacher if you have a good, tough , and teaches well teacher there will be enough but a not tough or doesn't teach the best might have Aton of homework or not enough.

This school is average because most of the teachers there teach very well I can count them when feel sad. But the students there is the problem some of the students kind hearted.There bullies there but theres teachers there who risk there life to help and protects your kids because of fights , but there students there to take care of you daughter/son and also the teachers.

Majority of the students that go here are rude and disrespectful. Fights every other day, interrupting class, rowdy in the hallway. The staff doesn't do anything to control these kids. Some of the teachers are amazing and incredibly helpful, others are careless and unorganized. I highly suggest to not send your child anywhere in the Christina School District.

This instituted is horrific. Never in my life have I witness something like this. However it seems like being respectful and wanting to learn is unknown at SHUE. The kids are out of contrl & seem 2 only know how to use 4letter words. There is no line of respect for the staff. My daughter who is a student there comes home telling me that they cant even get past the warm up in class, and the teachers are almost in tears every day. There are fights there every day & bullying so bad that my kids are afraid every day. There have been several incidents where I have had 2 contact not only the principal but also the superintendent. The principal is seems like she is obviously 2 what is going on @ her school & the superintendent completely ignores your emails. From what I have gathered I am not the only concerned parent who has contacted the superintendent (Freeman L. Williams) & which he has failed to return any form of contact. It is mind boggling to think that these adults are put in these higher positions 2 do an important job and have show such carelessness

Horrible school for IEP/Special Ed students. The worst I've seen! Staff is very lazy. Will not send child back next year!

I wish I could have put zero stars for this horrible school. Most of my fellow peers are very arrogant and most times disrupt class. The school is very unsanitary and down right disgusting. The students (not all) seem to enjoy brutal and common fights that happen here, often cheering on someone to keep fighting. The kids also use very inappropriate language, yet deans brush it off. Detention never works and most kids enjoy it. I feel bad anyone who has to come to this disgraceful school. Please parents DO NOT SEND YOUR KIDS HERE. - from a student

Horrible school. My son went from straight A/B in Smyrnas school district to failing since he started here this year. The principal is no where to be found and the superintendent does not respond back. And all I get is a run around. I can not wait to get my kids out of the district. Education is not their priority!

Im a student in Shue and honestly i think its the best school out of kirk and Gauger. Most teachers are nice and care about the students grades and them passing. The staff are absolutely nice, i used to have office aide where you help the office and they honestly care about bullying and education, they always do whatever they can so shue is a fun, safe and educational place. we have lots of after school clubs and sports. Of course theres going to be problems every once in a while but the staff always solve it ASAP.I take a high school level course and im only in 7th grade. so in conclusion shue is a great school for education, it is fun and safe. I never want to leave this middle school.

My son is having a wonderful experience at Shue. The teachers and administration are fantastic. My son has the best English teacher he has ever had. There are Pre-AP offerings that are challenging but not overwhelming. The Band and extra curricular offerings are AMAZING. I would highly recommend Shue Medill Middle School to any parent moving to the Newark area.

I rate this school excellent because the staff rises to whatever challenge the US laws, DE or Board of Education throws at them. While maintaining programs and for not neglecting the other learning levels of students that they have existing in the school, also. It seems as though there are 4 learning levels in the school. I am very impressed at how the school implements how to handle the new measures.I am always impressed at The September Open House at how the teachers like their subjects! I have volunteered in the school and I have watched the teachers. I know many students who have attended Shue-Medill for 6th - 8th grade and were accepted into The Cambridge Program at Newark High School. They do excellent in the program. This is why I rate Shue-Medill an excellent.

Last modified Shue-Medill Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.