Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Not enough (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Ineffective (1 response)

East Side Charter School 1

Posted January 07, 2016
my son attends east side charter school and i feel its one the worse mistakes i have made as a parent. there is no structure or professionalism in this school at all. My sons teacher quit last month and the behavior in the classroom is disturbing. I am worried that my child is not going to be prepared for first grade because the lack of education and the time being wasted in the school each day. As a parent i feel like i let my child down in making this decision to send him there. This school needs some serious guidance and i count the days down until June 10th so my son can be out of there for good....

Teacher effectiveness: Ineffective

Posted January 05, 2016
I was impressed by her original teacher the replacement comes from pre-k and says he has to get to know the kids. I don't know how long that supposed to take

Amount of homework: Not enough

Posted January 05, 2016
I have no idea what her new teacher Is doing with my child. She rarely comes home even able to say what she did in class. She seems confused.

Develops honesty: Disagree

Posted January 05, 2016
The staff lies when a mistake is made instead of focusing on the problem at hand and coming up with a solution. So how could they teach honesty when they aren't.

East Side Charter School 1

Posted January 05, 2016
My child attends East Side Charter now. I was excited about the school and the meetings held in the summer got you excited. I knew I made a bad deduction by September. First my child was left on her bus stop alone by one driver and again twice by another. I contacted everybody involved, had a meeting at the school with the asst principle, and still the same driver. Also my child's teacher was fired in November whom I was impressed with. I found that out not by letter but by my 5 year old. I witnessed with my own eyes to staff engaging in a argument in the office. The privilege that I met in the summer who promised a great year, quit. The first day back from winter break she was picked up by the bus then I was called at 8:30 am to say that there is no school today there's been a mistake, they dropped her back off. The kindergarten teacher next door quit. They have planned two clas trips my baby was so excited for both, both were cancelled. Please don't send your child here.

Posted May 30, 2014
EastSide has gone through a great transformation in the past few years and has become one of the fastest growing schools in the state. The students, staff and community are engaged in the learning environment at EastSide and I am proud to be a part of the progress taking place at the school.

Posted May 30, 2014
Great school with high expectations and making a real difference in northeast Wilmington. Outstanding results!

East Side Charter School 4

Posted February 24, 2014
If you are looking for a school for your child that has that family atmosphere - where every student feels connected to their teacher and where the teachers are in constant communication with family - Eastside is the school for you. Staffed from head to toe with teachers and administrators who keep the student's best interest in mind, Eastside is truly a family. The turn around here has been amazing to observe, and students are always learning.

Posted February 22, 2014
Our school excels at rigorous instruction, 100% student engagement, and high expectations for academic success.

Posted February 22, 2014
EastSide Charter has outstanding leadership equally focused on developing its students and staff. Dr. Lamont Browne, Head of School, has championed the development of an alternative teacher evaluation system that focuses on coaching and mentoring. The teachers and staff are dedicated, warm and caring. They love to work there. That results in a wonderful learning environment for the kids. Every child has an individual success plan for the year and the teachers are committed to seeing that they all achieve it. The School has outstanding, attractive and inviting facilities with a gymnasium, cafeteria, auditorium and 3+ acres of playing and recreation fields. This is a wonderful opportunity for kids living on the East Side of Wilmington.

3000 North Claymont Street, Wilmington, DE  19802
Last modified East Side Charter School is a Charter school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
East Side Charter School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 20 reviews. Top