Posted April 30, 2014
I have visited Mayport Middle School several times this year in order to better understand its approach to teaching as a Coastal Science Magnet School. Through my conversations with staff and my observations of student engagement, I have found it to be a wonderful learning facility. It is disheartening that its perception by others is outdated because many in our community are missing out on a real gem !

Mayport Middle School 4

Posted April 29, 2014
Our local middle school that continues to make changes to achieve academic excellence with our children, and helping those interested in doing well in school to be well.prepared for their high school.years!

Mayport Middle School 4

Posted February 11, 2014
I really like this school. Need more workshops for parent envolvment. I hope next year is better.

Posted October 29, 2013
Mayport Middle is a amazing school to work with. The teachers are preparing students with real world scientific research experience. Students will be prepared for high school and, more importantly, beyond.

Posted October 28, 2013
Great school with a new and interesting vision. One of very few schools looking at the Maritime sector from both a business and an ecological view.

Posted October 28, 2013
Mayport Coastal Science Middle School is outstanding because of the teachers & their positive attitudes that help students explore, learn and get involved in their school & neighborhood. This academic year witnessed a large growth of students choosing to come to Mayport MS because of it's coastal science program. What I like is the "hands on" approach that permeates the school & immerses the students in a real world education. The students take great pride in working on projects that give back to their community. Ongoing projects: an aquaculture "business" raising marketable fish; raising dune vegetation for transplanting in a Jacksonville Park on the Atlantic Ocean; producing, writing, researching, editing and daily broadcasting of school related videos in-house & on the internet; maintaining and enhancing an on-campus nature trail that circles the school and it's pond. What I am hoping for is more people & businesses to recognize the talent & quality of the education available at Mayport Coastal Science Middle School - Atlantic Bch, FL. I urge citizens to visit the various on-campus events showcasing the talent and "cool" things the students are learning. Go Sharks !!!!

Posted October 27, 2013
I have been associated with Mayport Coastal Sciences Middle School for seven years and I can honestly this is a family and student centered school. It is a richly diverse neighborhood school with a magnet theme. The administrators and staff are committed to making the student's middle school experience safe and academically challenging. The acceleration courses have prepared many of the students for acceptance into the high school AICE, IB, and AVID programs.

Posted October 27, 2013
The best choice I have ever made in regards to my son's education. The coastal science magnet is outstanding. The teachers are dedicated and go above and beyond. The administrative is very supportive and they are truly involved in leading by example. My son has thrived at Mayport Middle School and I am very grateful.

Posted October 22, 2013
The magnet program is phenomenal. We do not live at the beach but selected this school for its magnet program and are very happy with our decision. They have worked hard to make this school the success it has today. The teachers care about student s success and will go the extra mile to offer tutoring, if needed. They have extracurricular programs that fit with the magnet concept. We are very happy with this school.

Posted October 22, 2013
Mayport Middle School is a great school. The Coastal Sciences Magnet program is good for being so new. Middle School is a difficult age to have kids focused on their studies instead of peer pressure and socializing. We had a great experience with teacher and parent communication.

Mayport Middle School
2600 Mayport Road, Atlantic Beach, FL  32233
Last modified Mayport Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Mayport Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 62 reviews.