846 students|Duval
School principal icon 130x130 140902

School Official Point of View

I have been associated with Mayport Coastal Sciences Middle School for seven years and I can honestly this is a family and student centered school. It is a richly diverse neighborhood school with a magnet theme. The administrators and staff are committed to making the student's middle school experience safe and academically challenging. The acceleration courses have prepared many of the students for acceptance into the high school AICE, IB, and AVID programs.
October 27, 2013

Bad
Good

Mayport Middle School
Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted August 31, 2015
Because every time i talk to the principal and teachers im always involve with the school

Posted August 31, 2015
This is a great school my doughter have 3 years there and my son 2 at first i was scared but after a long time i feel very comfortable the teacher are great and the principal always care about everything im a mother and i know how much we care about school for our kids .

Posted August 25, 2015
Great school, very friendly and professional staff. They create a strong link between teacher and student.

Posted September 10, 2014
We love this school!! It's a rare gem at the beach. The opportunities offered here can not be found anywhere else.

Mayport Middle School 3

Posted September 04, 2014
If the "review" I just read was in regards to the incident I witnessed in the office earlier in the week I found it very disheartening. Although I am not aware of the circumstances, I found it appalling the way the parent was treated by the Maypot employee. If the parent was treated in such a manner in front of other parents, how are these children being treated. behind closed doors? This is my chids last year at MCSM and I don't recall ever seeing this older woman before.

Posted September 03, 2014
Love this school, however the new (2014-2015) Dean of Students leaves little to be desired. If your looking for help, understanding or compassion with a problem, avoid her at all costs, other than that, love it!

Posted June 23, 2014
Totally awesome. Staff is above any I've seen. I have enjoyed my child going here.

Posted April 30, 2014
I have visited Mayport Middle School several times this year in order to better understand its approach to teaching as a Coastal Science Magnet School. Through my conversations with staff and my observations of student engagement, I have found it to be a wonderful learning facility. It is disheartening that its perception by others is outdated because many in our community are missing out on a real gem !

Posted April 29, 2014
Our local middle school that continues to make changes to achieve academic excellence with our children, and helping those interested in doing well in school to be well.prepared for their high school.years!

Posted February 11, 2014
I really like this school. Need more workshops for parent envolvment. I hope next year is better.

Mayport Middle School
2600 Mayport Road, Atlantic Beach, FL  32233
Last modified Mayport Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Mayport Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 70 reviews. Top