Avon Park, FL

Avon Elementary School 1

Posted January 10, 2013
I have two children in tis school, my son is constantly bullied and we have been from teacher to principal to counseler and nothing gets done. He is affraid to go to school and my daughter is almost in the same boat. Its to the point where i'm pressing charges against the students parents and the school if they don't stop these kids from hurting my son. All they care about if the FCAT, it's all you hear about. The school is horrible.

Posted August 04, 2009

Avon Elementary School 4

Posted October 17, 2007
We have three children attending Avon Elementary. I have seen a great level of dedication by most of the staff at the school. Pam Burnham's leadership shows a commendable level of commitment to improvement, including having the flexibility to try new things to increase the school's achievement levels. There are many good teachers- some of whom are definitely shining stars in the teaching world, including the Art, Music, and Library instructors. AES has an active PTO willing to help with projects, and help fund PE and other programs at the school. One thing Avon needs to focus on is stretching the limits with its' brightest students. It does not fully participate with the HAART program in the district, and needs to support and educate its' teachers on challenging and engaging all the students in their classes, or possibly trying more grouping. I feel Avon definitely deserves their A rating!

Posted April 02, 2007
I have three children ranging in age from 7-15 who have all been fortunate enough to attend Avon Elementary. Each of them have had their own special needs ranging from Developmentally delays to Gifted. The teachers, staff, parents and kids make the difference at this school and Avon has in fact met the needs of all my children on an individual basis. I am grateful that we have been involved with a school that really cares about its students and their education. Along with offering Art classes, Physical Education, Breakfast in the classroom (free)and many educational field trips this school emphasizes on teaching good character to help create educated, self-sufficient,caring people! If your kid gets an opportunity to go to Avon Elementary, they will definitely have a positive experience!

Avon Elementary School 3

Posted February 25, 2007
Avon Elem. teaches to the FCAT while other subjects such as science are being squeezed in. My daugther is under the impression that her main purpose in school is to pass FCAT, not regular grading. There is not enough physical activity during school time.

Avon Elementary School 4

Posted May 26, 2006
Avon Elementary puts children first and has activities such as music, art, and PE available!

Avon Elementary School 2

Posted May 22, 2005
Both of my children have attended Park Elem. for two years. Although the Principal has attempted to incorporated character education, my children have encountered numerous bullying situations, both verbal and physical. Park school teaches to the FCAT leaving out other important education lessons such as Physical education and Art.

Posted January 28, 2005
This is my son's last year of school here. The music program, especially chourus, has been a wonderful experience. His art teacher, Mr. Cortazal use to be his 3rd grade teacher which taught him a lot. So art has been very interesting to my son with the teacher being who it is otherwise I don't think he would of enjoyed the class as much since he's not art oriented. The only kind of sports is PE or recess so there's not much of a routine there which my son likes routine and structure. The school it's self is the same school I went to as a child, so it's very old. The office staff are extremely helpful and my son never had a teacher he didn't like. My son has always gotten straight A's thru his entire 6 years here.

Posted May 11, 2004
Avon Elementary have proven themselves this year with improved test scores! The staff is caring and their number one concern at this school is what is best for the children! From the front office staff, to the teachers, lunchroom, and custodial staff everyone is friendly and enjoys working with the children. Avon offers extra classes in the computer lab, music, art, P.E., and Library. The staff keeps parents informed about each individual child's progress and gives parents the tools to help their child be successful in school!

Avon Elementary School 2

Posted August 09, 2003

Avon Elementary School
705 Winthrop Street, Avon Park, FL  33825
Last modified Avon Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Avon Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 10 reviews. Top